Watch Thread- Current U-19 batsman Dewald brevis & Tom Prest who can be future stars in International

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I have been mighty impressed with Dhull, he is elegant with kind of street smartness you associate with a pro. He has played no 4 middle order role to the tee, building an innings at a good rate. Though highlight for me has been how he showed that Bangladesh bowler his place by thrashing him a little innings in quarters, very satisfying to watch.

yup he seem really mature even in sf 100 he acts very maturely no selfishness near 100 , no over the top reaction also he seems to handle pressure really well when he has to build the inning. Really great find i like 16 yo Angkrish as well.

Dhull is better than Brewis.  But this Tom Prest guy may turn out to be a amazing LOI prospect for England..  Coz they have a culture to develop these players now. 

Another is England's Jacob Bethell..  His hitting made Brewis look pedestrian in QF. 

Massive loss to WI cricket this Bethell guy.  Barbados born powerful striker in Eng U19. Jason Roy type. 

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Dhull is better than Brewis.  But this Tom Prest guy may turn out to be a amazing LOI prospect for England..  Coz they have a culture to develop these players now. 

Another is England's Jacob Bethell..  His hitting made Brewis look pedestrian in QF. 

Massive loss to WI cricket this Bethell guy.  Barbados born powerful striker in Eng U19. Jason Roy type. 

I am looking forward to Bethell in this year's T20 blast, i think he ll definitely play

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

im actually looking forward to their spinner rehan ahmed............he has a terrific googly. Lets see how he develops. 

England white ball spin stock is getting better 

He looks highly talented no doubt, leg spinners with good googly are always dangerous

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

He looks highly talented no doubt, leg spinners with good googly are always dangerous

Some only have googly though. Piyush Chawla always had googly which worked in U19 but not in senior level.

Rian Ahmed reminded me of M Ashwin,who also has big googly but not much else.

Guys like Bishnoi, Rashid who bowl quicker are more likely to be successful in LOIs now.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Batting techniques, training methods in England have evolved quite a bit over the last 5-10 years.  They are incorporating range hitting, baseball style bat swing mechanics etc and baking that into young batsmen's practice regimens.  

Its inevitable that this sort of training will eventually become commonplace in India also, but its a few years away.  

Honestly, I'm not too sure what the 'right' balance of training for power hitting, vs training for proper classical 'batting' skills is.  Its clear that batsmen have to be able to shift methods if they want to play multiple formats.  But the incentives are increasingly lopsided in favor of power hitting.   

Its an interesting evolution of the sport.