Hyundai Tweet controversy

diga

Hyundai India's clarification about their Baki counterparts claiming Kashmir as Pakistani territory on the official twitter handle is too obtuse.   Their "clarification" neither apologized for the post, nor did they accept & reiterate the view that Kashmir will forever remain an integral part of India. Hyundai India twitter handle started blocking people who criticized them.

An MNC operating in both India/Pak should not make political posts, but when we live in a sovereign republic, it is necessary for us to expose & denounce any anti-national allegiance by any Brand/Company. 

Even ISUZU Pakistan has similar posts on Kashmir.  I for one would want Indians to punish Hyundai for their stupid arrogance.

ps: I own a Hyundai product too and will surely have second thoughts on supporting it in the future

Edited by diga

24 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I am actually not bothered about the tweet. That could happen in MNC spread worldwide. What I did not get was the apology or clarification. This is their third biggest market. And potential will be their biggest. 

Thats what I pointed.. there was no apology in their clarification. My guess is their profits in India is bigger than their sales in Pak and should that reduce, only then we will see some tangible action

Its a non-issue. Hyundai can't control the opinions of its worldwide employees/partners on social media based on what some Indians think. Its not like they launched a 2022 Elantra ghazwa-e-hind edition who's navigation points towards eastern border and provides a complimentary recoilless rifle on top with a trunk full of anti-tank rounds.

Edit: people are free to boycott it if they feel Hyundai is anti-India.

Edited by Clarke

3 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Its a non-issue. Hyundai can't control the opinions of its worldwide employees/partners on social media based on what some Indians think. Its not like they launched a 2022 Elantra ghazwa-e-hind edition who's navigation points towards eastern border and provides a complimentary recoilless rifle on top with a trunk full of anti-tank rounds.

Edit: people are free to boycott it if they feel Hyundai is anti-India.

To clarify, I am not perturbed by the actions of Hyundai Pak... its the actions of Hyundai India which issued a half hearted clarification which doesnt help at all

12 minutes ago, diga said:

To clarify, I am not perturbed by the actions of Hyundai Pak... its the actions of Hyundai India which issued a half hearted clarification which doesnt help at all

Its not the best response but it is a tough one to handle. Their first goal must be not to seem partial to either side and avoid arson at their facility in either country.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Its not the best response but it is a tough one to handle. Their first goal must be not to seem partial to either side and avoid arson at their facility in either country.

For me this was really an easy kill. Just say that Hyundai doesn't endorse any political views. They are in business of serving their customers and the ad is taken down with immediate effect. 

Actually its Info warfare...  Have to give credit to bakis here.  They have a dedicated ISPR unit designed for that sole purpose.  We even after 75+ years of independence have no such unit. 

The kinda of propaganda ISPR churns out every year..  This is nothing in front of it.  Indians first realized it during February 27-28 skirmish in 2019.  Pakistani propaganda was at all time high level then.  Information warfare at its peak. 

18 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Actually its Info warfare...  Have to give credit to bakis here.  They have a dedicated ISPR unit designed for that sole purpose.  We even after 75+ years of independence have no such unit. 

The kinda of propaganda ISPR churns out every year..  This is nothing in front of it.  Indians first realized it during February 27-28 skirmish in 2019.  Pakistani propaganda was at all time high level then.  Information warfare at its peak. 

The best and simple way to deal with this is to ignore the drama and mind your own business.

Pakistan is the drama queen of countries, it's badly craving for attention. I'm glad that the BJP government has given no bhaav at all, meaning our priorities are constructive goals.

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

The best and simple way to deal with this is to ignore the drama and mind your own business.

Pakistan is the drama queen of countries, it's badly craving for attention. I'm glad that the BJP government has given no bhaav at all, meaning our priorities are constructive goals.

Wish it was that simple.  China has spend helluva lot money to buy influence in western media & added a new dimension to it.  It is called 5th generation warfare.  That eventually sets up narrative building. 

Bakis have learnt well from their masters.  You should have seen how they reversed it all on 28 Feb 2019.  Bulit their own narrative & sold it worldwide with good success. 

India also learnt from all that albeit slowly & kinda turned the tables on China after Galwan clash.  It helped us getting us all that Int'l support although that was also boosted by International outrage on Covid.  Pro Chinese propaganda & misinformation took a massive hit. 

Even now this Hyundai issue which is pretty miniscule is getting so much hype.  You can't ignore all this so easily. 

Thing is we are still pretty behind in that aspect.  Some dedicated fellows on SM daily try to counter Pakistani/China narrative on their own without any Government support. 

One of the definitive automative forum of India , team-bhp has a thread on it which runs for almost 150 posts.. (posts updated in last 2 days)..  that forum is read by most of the top mgmt of auto companies operating in India

The company handling social media for Hyundai has fallen through big time. If I were management I would have fired them after this.

All they had to do was say that they do not endorse these views from a singular dealership and best say they as a company do not get involved with politics. \ Instead they've mucked it up with a wishy washy comment that have pissed more ppl off.

Lets assume that Pakistanis will allways speak like terrorist even if they are country head of a MNC or actual head of its government department. 
Its internal problem of a MNC operating in Pakistan.

To me, Indian People buying Huwei Xiomi phones or other Chinese products is bigger issue and India should quickly come with alternative product for its people.

Hyundai cars are best in class and last longer. Most easily drive 150k+ miles without any problem. Based on personal and friends experience and i can safely say they easily outperform all US, European and many other brands. Its just that finishing like seat quality, colour and feel is not comparable to major brands.

I don’t know about Tesla but I am certain that Hundai EVs will soon be best in class as well as they are ahead of all other non Asian brands