Hangarekar accused of age fudging.

Mesky99

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Manjot

Hangerakar - although speculative at this point apparently as he did past under 16 bone density test. 

Shaw I believe was age fudging too? 

Shaw age fudging? The guy has been in public news since he was 7-8 years old

Even Hangarekar looks to be a case of a corrupt official taking revenge for not getting a share of the prize money or not giving him something he demanded.

29 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Shaw age fudging? The guy has been in public news since he was 7-8 years old

Even Hangarekar looks to be a case of a corrupt official taking revenge for not getting a share of the prize money or not giving him something he demanded.

Oh ok. Fair enough. My bad. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Manjot

Hangerakar - although speculative at this point apparently as he did past under 16 bone density test. 

Shaw I believe was age fudging too? 

Bone tests are not accurate man. Amir has had bone tests and he is over age albeit he never played an u 18 worldcup. Many footballers play after bone tests. 

Cant believe people keep talkinf about bone tests. 

3 minutes ago, the don said:

Bone tests are not accurate man. Amir has had bone tests and he is over age albeit he never played an u 18 worldcup. Many footballers play after bone tests. 

True. Kid does look 21 22. Not going to deny that. Unless he aged bad like Shaw.

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

A bone test will give a ball park figure.

Somebody who is 21 can be borderline on the readings.

I.e you can steal a year or so. But you cant steal a decade like some Pakistani players. 

Afridi was 25/26 when he made debut and not 16.

Bcci don't do bone for u19 players as readings aren't accurate at that age. They do testing at u16 level which is much more accurate with 6 months here and there. Hangargekar has a mature body structure too.

5 hours ago, the don said:

When did Amir have bone test?

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/rajvardhan-hangargekar-u-19-world-cup-tuljapur-fast-bowling-stallion-matapurkar/article38375135.ece

So Hangragekar has been training under a strength and conditioning coach since 2016-17, regularly works with a sprinting coach and has been under a bowling coach since 2018.

No wonder the guy looks ripped which makes some people look at him as a age fudger.

7 hours ago, Adamant said:

I don't think any punishment should be given, the parents fudge a child's age especially when they are teenagers, there's not much role of the kid in this. 

I completely agree - if as quoted the age of any person was changed in 8th std or grade - they were 13 maybe 14 or 15 years old at that time.

You just cannot have the resources to pull something like this off at that age with no money etc in India. It is parents or someone else or it did not happen/matter.

If someone under 18 commits a violent crime in India - the law protects that person (which I think is wrong and they should be charged as adult). Here there is no violent crime but the person is being held liable like an adult for something that supposedly happened when the person was a true minor at 15.

Edited by AKane
On 2/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, AKane said:

I completely agree - if as quoted the age of any person was changed in 8th std or grade - they were 13 maybe 14 or 15 years old at that time.

You just cannot have the resources to pull something like this off at that age with no money etc in India. It is parents or someone else or it did not happen/matter.

If someone under 18 commits a violent crime in India - the law protects that person (which I think is wrong and they should be charged as adult). Here there is no violent crime but the person is being held liable like an adult for something that supposedly happened when the person was a true minor at 15.

No one knows whether it's even correct or not. Test done by BCCI at u16 level says something else.