Hangarekar accused of age fudging.

Mesky99

Trouble brewing for rajwardhan hangarekar, sports commissioner of Maharastra has accused the u19 cricketer for fudging his age by 2 years, according to this article hangarekar's actual age is 21 not 19, there seems to be substantial proof against him. Really hope bcci goes easy on the cricketer, his career could get shattered if dealt with a harsh punishment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cricfit.com/india-u19-world-cup-winning-player-rajvardhan-hangargekar-accused-of-age-fudging-report/amp/

17 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Trouble brewing for rajwardhan hangarekar, sports commissioner of Maharastra has accused the u19 cricketer for fudging his age by 2 years, according to this article hangarekar's actual age is 21 not 19, there seems to be substantial proof against him. Really hope bcci goes easy on the cricketer, his career could get shattered if dealt with a harsh punishment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cricfit.com/india-u19-world-cup-winning-player-rajvardhan-hangargekar-accused-of-age-fudging-report/amp/

So his birth date was changed in class 8th. But i am sure hangargekar had gone through bone test when he played u16.

Just now, rkt.india said:

So his birth date was changed in class 8th. But i am sure hangargekar had gone through bone test when he played u16.

If has changed his date of birth during his admission in class 8 than that his enough for bcci to punish him. He does not look under 19, state commissioner of sports getting involved does not send good signals. Sadly his school to will dragged in this controversy.

30 minutes ago, anish2tweet said:

His father, despite knowing what had happened to Manjot Kalra has done this.
Got his 40 lakhs as winner of U19 WC, will pay some fine and get away.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Even that 40 lacs could be taken away from him. 

42 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

If has changed his date of birth during his admission in class 8 than that his enough for bcci to punish him. He does not look under 19, state commissioner of sports getting involved does not send good signals. Sadly his school to will dragged in this controversy.

But did state commissioner of sports got to know all this? Something fishy there 

1. If he’s proven to have fudged his age, throw the book at him.  I hate age cheaters probably more than anything else in cricket.

2. As bad as it is I don’t think the ICC has or can have any standard response to something like this.   I mean if proven, he helped us win the WC under false pretenses.  But to go back and change the results- that’s a wormhole possibly no one wants to go down.

Hence, if he’s proven guilty, the BCCI should give him the harshest punishment under its rules.  Otherwise he’ll just get away with it and we will continue to see the same thing.

Edited by NameGoesHere
32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He must have birth certificate to prove his age. He is 2000+ born. In old days, people wouldn't make birth certificates and I too have that for my 11 year old kid. Birth certificate is the best document to prove age. 

This.

All births and deaths have to be recorded. Unless he was raised by wolves in the forest, his birth would be recorded.

27 minutes ago, raki05 said:

But why this IAS is reporting it now. Also if age was changed in 8th standard definitely it was not because he wanted to play u19 wc ,as back then he would not even sure he will play cricket at international level. Age fudging is bad but it's their parent who is responsible and not him he was kid back then.

most likely he got to know from somewhere after they won worldcup and all players started to get more recognition.

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

most likely he got to know from somewhere after they won worldcup and all players started to get more recognition.

So he was ok till hanga won wc , what a Narad Muni. Why dint he reported while he got selected for u 19 wc team or is it he started investigation only because he won wc. If that's the case this guy should be given a choke slan first. Sala Sholey ka Hariram Nai bhi fail hai iskey samney.