Lyrically Challenged Inanities

Mariyam

So I was doom scrolling on IG and saw this mehendi video of a friends brother. They danced on to the song, I've posted below. Why would any one pick this song, I can't guess.

But it got me thinking.

Idea is we list songs, which have plain meaningless and/or incoherent lyrics.

Do not post double meaning stuff/ innuendos, but lyrics that are a hotch potch of nothing.

Exhibit 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1t0H0nZdlg

Lyricist: Anand Bakshi  ( yes, even legends have their bad days :(( )

My very khaas tarjuma and tippani in red.

Ek Tha Gul Ek Thi Bulbul Bulbul Bole Sun Baabul

What does this even mean? Gul is the Bulbul's baabul? Whaaat??

Can a plant father a bird? help @BacktoCricaddict

Dil Mein Hai Pyaar Tera Hoton Pe Gitwa  (Gitwa? Random Bhojpuri word in an otherwise mainstream Hindi song. Gangetic plains appeasement by Bollywood? )
Dil Mein Hai Pyaar Tera Hoton Pe Gitwa
Jhoot Bole Jo Use Kaat Khaaye Bichoowa (What has this to do with the previous line? This is just to keep with the rhyme metre. What in the world does a bichua have to do with Priety Zinta's pyaar bhara dil?)

Rab Di Kasam Sach Bole Mere Mitwa  ( Now they break into Punjabi? Appeasement again? Don't want to get cancelled by the farmers?)
Haan Raab Di Kasam Sach Bole Mere Mitwa
(This is where I gave up)

Edited by Mariyam

Can

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

This reminds me of a situation in college in Bengaluru like 30 yrs ago. 

We had this extremely intelligent dude in our class who loved to ask tough questions of the teachers.  One day our Botany prof said "This plant's pollen is carried by the wind and will fertilize the egg when it lands on it."  My buddy goes "Sir, how does the pollen know it is fertilizing the egg of the same species?"  He was probably expecting a profound answer regarding compatibility factors etc ... but ...

Prof pondered it for a second and blurted "What I say?  Buffalo will go and mount a dog or what?" 

The words are from an older song, ;isten to this for context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxvcR7AHvQ

Gitwa is as much as about a  Geet, as Phunwa is about a  Phone.. used mainly to rhyme with a Mitwa

The bird  (Bulbul / PJ) is in love with the Rose /Flower (Gul/SD) and reveals her love to her father (Baabul) . weird as it mainly used as a tongue twister with Bulbul and Baabul). The intention of the writer is that he doesn't want anybody to sing along or hum.

Ok, She seems to be telling to herself to swaer on God (Rab di kasam) about her love, and if it's a lie them she will be bitten by a scorpion (Bichwa) going to rhyme with Gitwa, Mitwa and Bichwa. If the original song Jhoot Bole Kauvva kaate wouldn't have made sense as Kauvva is also a bird and it cannot bite with a beak, she has no teeth (thanks to scientific thinking advanced since Bobby).

Enough of debugging . The movie is about a RAW spy (SD) operating in Pak as a Pakistani, is marrying PC . but is in love with PJ. It makes perfect sense!! 

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

So I was doom scrolling on IG and saw this mehendi video of a friends brother. They danced on to the song, I've posted below. Why would any one pick this song, I can't guess.

But it got me thinking.

Idea is we list songs, which have plain meaningless and/or incoherent lyrics.

Do not post double meaning stuff/ innuendos, but lyrics that are a hotch potch of nothing.

Exhibit 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1t0H0nZdlg

Lyricist: Anand Bakshi  ( yes, even legends have their bad days :(( )

My very khaas tarjuma and tippani in red.

Dil Mein Hai Pyaar Tera Hoton Pe Gitwa  (Gitwa? Random Bhojpuri word in an otherwise mainstream Hindi song. Gangetic plains appeasement by Bollywood? )
Dil Mein Hai Pyaar Tera Hoton Pe Gitwa
Jhoot Bole Jo Use Kaat Khaaye Bichoowa (What has this to do with the previous line? This is just to keep with the rhyme metre. What in the world does a bichua have to do with Priety Zinta's pyaar bhara dil?)

Rab Di Kasam Sach Bole Mere Mitwa  ( Now they break into Punjabi? Appeasement again? Don't want to get cancelled by the farmers?)
Haan Raab Di Kasam Sach Bole Mere Mitwa
(This is where I gave up)

Your Zinta Fixation continues...

On 3/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, coffee_rules said:

Have an issue with Gulzar too

What TF is geeli haseen? Slobbering smile? Eww

Aur kaise pee lete ho?

Saathiya hm hm, saathiya hm hm
Maddham maddham teri geeli hansi
Saathiya hm hm, saathiya hm hm
Sunke humne saari pee li hansi

Looks like one of his interns wrote it ...

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Meaningless words/phrases/fillers/rhymes in Hindi songs:

Zindagi-Harkhushi - Rhyme attempt gone totally wrong.  Who first thought of rhyming with these two words?  Maaro uss saale ko. 

Zindagi-Bandagi - Okay so every time you talk about life, you must talk about bondage?  At least it rhymes.

Madhham madhham - what the heck does that mean?  From Sanskrit/Kannada, it is like middle-middle.

Nameedaanam - sounds like some dessert that someone named Gnyaanasambanda Iyer would invent.  "Iyer Mama - oru kilo adhirasam, ara kilo nameedanam kudungo"

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Meaningless words/phrases/fillers/rhymes in Hindi songs:

Zindagi-Harkhushi - Rhyme attempt gone totally wrong.  Who first thought of rhyming with these two words?  Maaro uss saale ko. 

Zindagi-Bandagi - Okay so every time you talk about life, you must talk about bondage?  At least it rhymes.

Madhham madhham - what the heck does that mean?  From Sanskrit/Kannada, it is like middle-middle.

Nameedaanam - sounds like some dessert that someone named Gnyaanasambanda Iyer would invent.  "Iyer Mama - oru kilo adhirasam, ara kilo nameedanam kudungo"

Madham also means mellow or lightly 

Dont know much of Punjabi, but it is two words- nami daanum 

Mere maahiya sanam jaanam

Kive kariya nami daanam

Shab ghuzri te jag soya

Ni main jagya nami daanam

It could mean I woke up to do nothing or something like that. Bollywood has made me hate Punjabi. Every song is about mahive jaanive huN

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Kive kariya nami daanam

Shab ghuzri te jag soya

It could mean I woke up to do nothing or something like that. Bollywood has made me hate Punjabi. Every song is about mahive jaanive huN

Nami danam is Persian for 'I dont know'

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Kive kariya nami daanam

Shab ghuzri te jag soya

The paragraph means - My love,what did you do I don't know ,when whole world is sleeping at night,I dont know why I'm awake.

Love Me Love Me Love Me
Your mama says you Love Me
Papa says you Love Me
Oo Love Me baby Love Me
Love Me Love Me Love Me
Mama says you Love Me
Your papa says you Love Me
Oo Love Me baby Love Me
Tere sang zindagi beetane ka irrada hai
Love Me Love Me Love Me
He say Love Me Love Me stop!!
Thodi nahi puri nibhane ka yeh vada hai
Love Me Love Me Love Me
He say Love Me Love Me Stop!!

3 hours ago, Lord said:

The paragraph means - My love,what did you do I don't know ,when whole world is sleeping at night,I dont know why I'm awake.

Why incorporate foreign phrases? Do we have a dearth of upamaana/upameya in our literature? Facking self loathing sellouts these neo Bollywoodiyas! How would one in India on the street relate to a phrase “nami daanum” . Idiots