• Team Yellow- Forverindian
    • Team black- Majestic
    • Team Dark yellow- Rantzz
    • Team green and yellow - Chakdephatte
    • Team Saffron- SScomp32
    • Team blue- Zakk
    • Team light yellow - Jafanatic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2022 at 03:59 AM

11 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

@zen many problems with this analysis :-

1.You cannot eliminate teams as such. If four pacers is your criteria, give 2 points to those having it, 1 to those not having it. You are eliminating them without looking at their batting.

2. After 1st round of elimination, you are comparing only spinners. Is having four pacers enough, shouldn't their strength be a criteria?

Focused on the structure first as I did not want to first get into Warne v Murali, Dhoni v Pant, etc.,  kind of manthans 

Feel free to build it on from here!! 

2 minutes ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

Not enough sample size in ipl 

Gg won two titles lol

Are bhai vote padne ke baad change nahi ho sakta..kyu mehnat kar raha..

I also lost one vote due to misunderstanding in voting by a user.

Also, GG didn't won two titles. His team won those titles. 

3 minutes ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

Not enough sample size in ipl 

Gg won two titles lol

Agree but Pollard is WI captain and has done well in CPL too, along w/ captaining MI on many occasions  

I have already voted so feel free to give it to the other team if KL = GG for you in batting, and GG > Pollard in captaincy 

Here is what went into building my side

U either pick players on roles or u pick out n out match winners for all or nearly most slots . Im a fan of first theory, but in between draft i realised i may not be able to do it so the 2nd one)

Captaincy- picking strong captain was the 1st task- good captain is what u need to make 11 players a team, for me a good captain is worth 2 players

Batting-

My 360 deg pack - Butler- SKY-KP-DK (its tough to place field for players like them coz of their massive range)

Ability to bat till end- Butler-KP-Dhoni-SKY all have done that role when needed

Finishers- Dhoni , DK (Who acc me was always better then dhoni in t20 as finisher) Tewatia 

Powerplay- Butler (nothing to say). Nitish (he was one of my last options and Thnks @Forever Indian for releasing him) He may be my most lesser player in ability but he is also a match winner and one thing that guy has always had is intent. Do i care if i loose  his wkt, not really so he lll have the full license. 

About not having many lefties- they were part of my intial plan but @sscomp32 took most, which i expected someone to do i already aimed at players who can play 360. 

Bowling-

Archer, the guy is as good as any and adds in fielding n batting. He can bowl in any phase and has troubled most top batsman apart from KL Rahul 

Nehra- his numbers are almost as good as bumrah in IPL. It was him vs Zak for me but his numbers were far better and one thing he always had on Zak was the ball coming in 

Now my new ball is done- pressure build and wkts in bag

Comes in Lockie the middle over enforcer with pace

Kuldeep and tewatia  complements each other due to their opp style and again kuldeep is a wkt taker and tewatia has always been the smart one. 

In all i was able to execute the idea of not selecting a single weak player in 11 and having everyone who can win games on their own

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

see if it happens ill be up for it butt surely i wont admin it

@Majestic shud take over 

My idea is, we don't need admin to do everything. We will keep turns for it. When it's your turn, you name the player going under hammer, whoever takes his turn, decides the next player. This way, no one will have the hindsight who is next.

We also can have a new player deciding the whole list everyday, or just one player at a time.

Edited by Chakdephatte

One Point from my side. 

@Jay 's votes should be considered in negative.

I mean if he votes for a team as number one that team should be given minus - 3 points, as we all know the depth of his cricketing knowledge and also the volatility of his arguments which some wise men compared to the speed of a  hooker unbuttoning her top. 

1 minute ago, Chakdephatte said:

My idea is, we don't need admin to do everything. We will keep turns for it. When it's your turn, you name the player going under hammer, whoever takes his turn, decides the next player. This way, no one will have the hindsight who is next.

We also can have a new player deciding the whole list everyday, or just one player at a time.

auction will take a lot of time and it wud ned ppl to be online same time, draft works better 

25 minutes ago, Adamant said:

One Point from my side. 

@Jay 's votes should be considered in negative.

I mean if he votes for a team as number one that team should be given minus - 3 points, as we all know the depth of his cricketing knowledge and also the volatility of his arguments which some wise men compared to the speed of a  hooker unbuttoning her top. 

Literally right about every player. A dude who actually played red ball cricket at semi pro level. Grade cricket level 2 in Queensland. I am sure I know better than most. If anything it should be plus 3. 

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

A dude who actually played red ball cricket at semi pro level. Grade cricket level 2 in Queensland. I am sure I know better than most. If anything it should be plus 3. 

If experience meant more cricketing acumen, Kohli would be the among the greatest captains. But we know what he was.

Your assumption is wrong, your opinions may be correct.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how come no one saw nattu in 12th round

I did. He has one good season. I wanted someone who can bowl in all phases+ something in field and bat,

Mohit has better record and has a purple cap too

Might be late but  few words on my team 

Firstly it was chosen strictly based on overall IPL records

Sehwag : still has the best SR for an Indian in IPL with decent avg. And he did it when par scores were much lower. Quick start almost guaranteed with huge match winning ability.

Gilchrist : Many openers had better records,specially overseas,but this is a guy who took a team from no. 8 to winning in one season. Also offers keeping and left handed option :hatsoff:

Raina : Mr. IPL. Nothing much to say.

Symmo : People think he hasn't been good in IPL, but has a great record. Ability to both consolidate if required and tonk the best of bowlers

Pandeyji : IPL's first Indian centurion. and MOTM in 2014 final chasing a huge score.

Kedhar Jadhav : In his pomp,he was an underrated finisher. Played many quick cameos for DD 

Curran : Ability to attack from ball one and bowl in all phases. He's my 5th bowler and has a hattrick in death overs.

Narine : IPL's best spinner who can bowl in all phases. Has a 15 ball fifty too and can tonk spinners.

Mohit Sharma : Very good record in all phases and winner of purple cap 2015. Good fielder for an Indian fast bowler.

Siraj : I know current form is down but ability is proven.Again an all phase bowler with ability to contain best of batsmen.

Varun : Underrated spinner. Can contain any batsmen and has done well against guys like Dhoni.

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

If experience meant more cricketing acumen, Kohli would be the among the greatest captains. But we know what he was.

Your assumption is wrong, your opinions may be correct.

Adamant is kohli clone with a non existing atheltic ability to play cricket. He is a IIT GRAD after all. Since when do those nerds know anything about sport or physical fitness. He could be a quota grad for all I know. 

Great job @Ankit_sharma03

@Majestic You've made a great team considering there were 9 more participants in this draft. Not that the others team are any bad but yours I feel is just edges past the other teams. @Ankit_sharma03 comes closer because of MSD factor :nice:

Well done to all the participants :congrats:

I missed out on the last stage of this tournament. Are we going to have another draft this season? Cos still there's a lot more games to go this IPL. 

3 minutes ago, JaFanatic said:

Great job @Ankit_sharma03

@Majestic You've made a great team considering there were 9 more participants in this draft. Not that the others team are any bad but yours I feel is just edges past the other teams. @Ankit_sharma03 comes closer because of MSD factor :nice:

Well done to all the participants :congrats:

I missed out on the last stage of this tournament. Are we going to have another draft this season? Cos still there's a lot more games to go this IPL. 

I dnt mind but only if anyone else wants be incharge.