Mohsin Khan - Is he the left arm pacer that India are searching for?

11 hours ago, Lord said:

He's played just half IPL. Need to see how he does next season when teams will know him better

People were hyping up Avesh after 2021 IPL but same now asking for his head

IF Mohsin fails - same will happen again 

Story of every year - im not sure if u were when ppl wanted mavi-nagarkotti in Indian locked XI after u-19 Wc ...................pichle saal dono gaali kha rhe the

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

IF Mohsin fails - same will happen again 

Story of every year - im not sure if u were when ppl wanted mavi-nagarkotti in Indian locked XI after u-19 Wc ...................pichle saal dono gaali kha rhe the

It's a sad state of affairs. Players take time to develop. 

It's like asking a data analyst to work as a data scientist straight away without training. It takes a good one year to develop a talent. 

What we need to look for is skills and pace. 

He has pace.

Does he generate consistent bounce? He does for now. 

Does he have a good stock ball? Not sure

Can he move the ball? Doesn't matter he can learn it later. 

10 hours ago, Lord said:

He's played just half IPL. Need to see how he does next season when teams will know him better

People were hyping up Avesh after 2021 IPL but same now asking for his head

Correct. I am trying to pin point his strength. They say "hard length" "pace".  These kind of deliveries are not difficult to work against. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

It's like asking a data analyst to work as a data scientist straight away without training. It takes a good one year to develop a talent. 

He has pace.

For now,He also looks like someone who can use brain while bowling too..

Potential with bat also work in his favor..however lets see how he does in next ipl season..he shud be putting all the efforts from his side now..with all the facilities/training/consultation from franchise

8 hours ago, Jay said:

He has pace.

That statement is for u to keep in mind coz u hype them as if they are ready made products who are already world beaters ....dnt forget how u hyped prasidh who is a work in progress. 

First ull have unrealistic expectations then an outrage 

1. Mistakes and poor performances are inevitable from new players. There should be a lot of leeway given to them regarding these aspects.

2.  But the weaknesses of new players should definitely be pointed out. Otherwise how will they learn !

3.  The above point is different from asking a Work-in-progress player to be dropped. He should not be dropped permanently before he is given a fair run. And he should get a few games on the trot to prove himself  ( Provided the initial selection has merit ) 

4.  A player maybe a work-in-progress but that does not mean that he should be lacking in effort, intensity and overall fitness. If these things are observed in international matches, they show the player in very bad light and especially so if he is new to the team and is in the process of establishing himself. 

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Correct. I am trying to pin point his strength. They say "hard length" "pace".  These kind of deliveries are not difficult to work against. 

Its is but only if u hit the length right ..........he hasnt . Either too short or too full , its not that he is bowling good length and yet getting smashed . He is bowling crap and getting a deserving treatment. 

Having a tool is different to its consistent execution. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

That statement is for u to keep in mind coz u hype them as if they are ready made products who are already world beaters ....dnt forget how u hyped prasidh who is a work in progress. 

First ull have unrealistic expectations then an outrage 

I dont have any outrage with prasidh. I fully believe in him. From what I saw in ranji and then some odi performances. He looks the real deal. He has insane potential. 

If he decides to muck around and ruin his chances then it's not on me. His talent was there to see. Ball is in his court. He needs to be prepared for tests. He is being earmarked for tests and odi. 

I never gave up on him unlike that bitch fatality. I never write off young talents especially bowlers. 

He isn't bowling with full intensity. This is not the praisdh that I saw before. Maybe injury or niggle. But he definitely has insane potential.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

I dont have any outrage with prasidh. I fully believe in him. From what I saw in ranji and then some odi performances. He looks the real deal. He has insane potential. 

If he decides to muck around and ruin his chances then it's not on me. His talent was there to see. Ball is in his court. He needs to be prepared for tests. He is being earmarked for tests and odi. 

He ll develop on his own time like every player , its on u coz its ur unrealistic expectation . 

He is in developing phase so he aint at fault in anyways . Its ppl who have wanted him in all formats and already considered him ready for every role which he isnt

U wanted him in t20 and were hyping him to run  throug sides in IPL even in final 

I hve no issues with him , i say in 2 yrs he ll be a very good LOI bowler but till then dont put him above who are doing well or discard them coz on current level he is behind them in t20 

9 hours ago, Jay said:

I never gave up on him unlike that bitch fatality. I never write off young talents especially bowlers. 

He isn't bowling with full intensity. This is not the praisdh that I saw before. Maybe injury or niggle. But he definitely has insane potential.

It just no intensity , its also when a player plays more his weak areas will get exposed which everyone has and u thought he was a complete bowler 

In ODI it just wasnt intensity it was also a different role he wasnt accustomed too 

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Bounce

Pace

Stock ball

Yorker

Ability to move the ball

In that order. Indian bowlers simply do better when they generate pace and bounce. Period.

great skill set in ODI and test but in t20 u need more - specially variation in length n pace unless ur master of all above which very few are like- archer , bumrah or peak starc 

Also u forget to add line-length coz all of that dont matter if u dont hit the corrent line or length 

The point we often forget including selectors...  Risk taking & analysis on current form.  Avesh's form was not anything of note this year & is being played on past IPl performances..  Arshdeep was in form bowling his defensive tactics & is reaping benefits. 

Current form works for both batters & bowlers which Indian think tank sadly has little idea about. 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He ll develop on his own time like every player , its on u coz its ur unrealistic expectation . 

He is in developing phase so he aint at fault in anyways . Its ppl who have wanted him in all formats and already considered him ready for every role which he isnt

U wanted him in t20 and were hyping him to run  throug sides in IPL even in final 

I hve no issues with him , i say in 2 yrs he ll be a very good LOI bowler but till then dont put him above who are doing well or discard them coz on current level he is behind them in t20 

It just no intensity , its also when a player plays more his weak areas will get exposed which everyone has and u thought he was a complete bowler 

In ODI it just wasnt intensity it was also a different role he wasnt accustomed too 

I dint say he is a complete player already. Sure he has flaws but he has the tools to succeed in red ball and odi I ls what I said. His skills will translate to t20 too. He has the skillet to be world class. When someone can generate his kind of disconcerting bounce consistently, I don't care what anyone says, that is an extremely useful attribute. Infact it's one of the most important attributes for a fast bowler. Disconcerting bounce is what mcgrath generated despite bowling 130-135. At times he was even 128-133 consistently. 

Hazelwood is a bit like him. 

Now prasidh can be as good as hazlewood in all formats too if he works on his skills. 

15 hours ago, Jay said:

He has pace.

Will he get *ed up in the t20 world cup - yes. 

That ends the matter. 

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

I dint say he is a complete player already. Sure he has flaws but he has the tools to succeed in red ball and odi I ls what I said. His skills will translate to t20 too. He has the skillet to be world class. When someone can generate his kind of disconcerting bounce consistently, I don't care what anyone says, that is an extremely useful attribute. Infact it's one of the most important attributes for a fast bowler. Disconcerting bounce is what mcgrath generated despite bowling 130-135. At times he was even 128-133 consistently. 

Now prasidh can be as good as hazlewood in all formats too if he works on his skills. 

Prasidh will never be as good as Hazelwood in any format. 

Likh ke le lo. 

He is a very average bowler and doesn't even have much talent to show for. 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

it wasnt just bounce their accuracy was unbelievably good 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

The point we often forget including selectors...  Risk taking & analysis on current form.  Avesh's form was not anything of note this year & is being played on past IPl performances..  Arshdeep was in form bowling his defensive tactics & is reaping benefits. 

Current form works for both batters & bowlers which Indian think tank sadly has little idea about. 

T20 is mostly about current form,