Mohsin Khan - Is he the left arm pacer that India are searching for?

He has been amazing this season for LSG. Played 5 games and has got 9 wickets at average of 10 and economy of 5.5. Bowls at good pace, can swing the new ball, picks up wickets upfront and is good in death overs too.

Can also hit a couple of lusty blows with bat, in the mould of Shami as batsman.

Now what makes it more special is that he is the sort of guy that perhaps India needs. 

We have Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Prasidh but all these guys are right arm pacers. Mohsin brings with himself a different style of bowling from these guys, a left arm pacer who can swing the new bowl at good pace and is a genuine wicket taker.

Arshdeep and Natrajan are more death overs bowlers and won't really compliment with Bumrah bowling at other end as they are not really genuine wicket taking options. In my opinion, he and Umran should be given a go in the upcoming T20I series so that we can prepare them for the Australian WT20 tournament.

Discuss!

Edited by Majestic
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like Mohsin's bowling.

He bowls a heavy ball and hits the splice of the bat.  Bowls at a sharp pace 

Is tall and gets natural bounce.

He knows which balls to bowl when.

Gets inswing for a left handed batter .

Quite accurate too.

Does he get the ball back in for Right handers ?

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Mohsin bowls with angle against right handers,that won't be effective most times in international cricket

He needs to develop an inswinging delivery for RHB

Left armers we look for , should fill this condition first

Still, bowling quite well this season

Yes but I think he is the best left arm pacer option we have got with the new bowl and should be in the mix for T2O world cup contention.

I absolutely think so. Mohsin should be part of our LOI plans. He bowls good lines, lengths and doesn't appear to get flustered when the pressure is on. He is tall and could extract some bounce on pitches that offer him bounce.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

I absolutely think so. Mohsin should be part of our LOI plans. He bowls good lines, lengths and doesn't appear to get flustered when the pressure is on. He is tall and could extract some bounce on pitches that offer him bounce.

Problem is who do we choose? So many options. 

Too bad we have zero power hitters. Like zero.