Rinku Singh and Rajjat Patidar

26 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Again, the same mistake. 

Yashasvi, Gill, Shaw, Sarfaraz are our future not these mediocrities. 

Players with limited ability should only be picked if they have more than one skill. 

jasiwal has looked mediocre most times I have seen him. the other three are good talents, but must be used carefully in the right formats: Sarfaraz for Tests first, Gill in Tests and ODIs, Shaw in T20s first and then ODIs.

Rinku Singh is not limited batter also he has advantage of being lefty and middle order dasher. He can hit fast bowler with much ease than many of current youngsters and had an excellent domestic performance to back it up. Not sure how people are saying he is limited btw which Indian batter has no limitation. Find me one better lower order promissing batter than Rinku with as good stats as him in domestic.

Edited by raki05

India have the worst batting talent right now in their history. Worst by far. Piece of steaming pile of **** type worst. 

All our talents are in bowling. We have zero talents coming through in batting for tests I mean. 

However we have a bunch of talents that could get there if they work hard like Gill sarfraz Shaw and eeshwaran. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

India have the worst batting talent right now in their history. Worst by far. Piece of steaming pile of **** type worst. 

All our talents are in bowling. We have zero talents coming through in batting for tests I mean. 

However we have a bunch of talents that could get there if they work hard like Gill sarfraz Shaw and eeshwaran. 

Riyan Parag is the greatest talent of all-time to come from India IMO. I think if he works hard, he can become the next Gary Sobers. :rock:

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Rinku Singh is not limited batter also he has advantage of being lefty and middle order dasher. He can hit fast bowler with much ease than many of current youngsters and had an excellent domestic performance to back it up. Not sure how people are saying he is limited btw which Indian batter has no limitation. Find me one better lower order promissing batter than Rinku with as good stats as him in domestic.

Clears the rope without slogging much, any subcontinent player who can play pace should be preserved. That's why Samson and Parag are backed so much. Problem is- it can be a flash in the pan, he doesn't have the physique to sustain it. Tewatia has more possibility of playing for India than him.

Edited by Chakdephatte
5 hours ago, raki05 said:

IMO, dominance in FC - defined as high avg at a high SR - is an important criterion for Indian batsmen who want international consideration, even in LOIs.  With rare exception (e.g., Washington Sundar - very little FC experience) or Vihari (low FC SR), most of our recent successes have been guys who have torn it up at the FC level.  Rinku Singh fits that bill.  That is, of course, not to say that everyone who tears up domestic attacks will be successful internationally.  But, anyone who does not have a track record of domination in FC over several years is not likely to succeed internationally - it is a bare minimum criterion.

When it comes to fast bowlers, you dump that criterion and select on speed and potential - otherwise you run the risk of wearing them out.  Glad they realized this with Umran.  Wish they had with Mohsin, too.  He is 23 y.o. and has shown great potential - bursting on the scene and dominating the IPL.  He should've been the first choice left-arm pacer for the SA series and Arshdeep, who is a steady bowler, not a dominant one, should've been the back-up.  Now, they will wait two more years before they select Mohsin and he may not be the same in pace and confidence.   

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

baba indrajith and sarfaraz khan both have better records than rinku (who also has great record) in Ranjis over the past 3-4 years.

42 minutes ago, Vijy said:

baba indrajith and sarfaraz khan both have better records than rinku (who also has great record) in Ranjis over the past 3-4 years.

In FC, Sarfaraz, yes.

Rinku Singh  46 innings, avg 64,1 SR 70.2

Baba Indrajith: 81 innings, avg 53.3, SR 52

Sarfaraz:  32 innings, avg 77.7, SR 71.8

As an all-format prospect, Rinku's stats are ahead.  He also showed clutchiness in the IPL.  Plus, he is an electrifying fielder who seems to always be in "sprint" mode, and I am partial towards that type of cricketer.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

I do not go by Ranji records 

Would like to see more of Rinku (was put under pressure by bouncers) before I comment (excellent fielder though) ... Rajat impressed me with his performances in the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

I do not go by Ranji records 

Would like to see more of Rinku (was put under pressure by bouncers) before I comment (excellent fielder though) ... Rajat impressed me with his performances in the playoffs 

You may want to change that mindset partially. 

Domestic dominance does not guarantee success internationally.  But less-than-dominant domestic record guarantees international struggle.  Domestic dominance (FC >60 avg at >70 SR) over ~ 50 innings is bare minimum. 

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You may want to change that mindset partially. 

Domestic dominance does not guarantee success internationally.  But less-than-dominant domestic record guarantees international struggle.  Domestic dominance (FC >60 avg at >70 SR) over ~ 50 innings is bare minimum. 

For me, domestic numbers are only for two purpose a) to identify players whom I have not seen, & b) get an idea on current form (esp. of players that I have seen) 

Once I see a player, I judge him based on that ... IPL is a great place for a cricketer to showcase his talent 

3 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Clears the rope without slogging much, any subcontinent player who can play pace should be preserved. That's why Samson and Parag are backed so much. Problem is- it can be a flash in the pan, he doesn't have the physique to sustain it. Tewatia has more possibility of playing for India than him.

May be not height. But have you seen his training video. I have seen him bare body in one of training video he is full of muscle and his wrist is very wide like Jaysurya he will not have any problem playing lofted shot during cover boundary against fast bowler. Guy is built like a tank in small body.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

But I have seen their game against international pacer they are not as impressive as Rinku in loi. However both can be good contender for longer format. As said Rinku also have an advantage of being lefty and a good one, he is a dasher as well can play at high sr and a very good fielder. Look i font know how he turns out in a long run but so far I am mighty impressed compare to other new comers what we have.