French Open

Singh bling

On 6/2/2022 at 1:18 PM, I6MTW said:

No chance for Cilic or Zverev against Nadal, and Ruud lol, better for him to not even show up. The only players that could've beaten Nadal were Alcaraz and Djokovic and both lost. 

Ruud can just pack his bags and ask the French Open organizers to hand him the runners up trophy right away. No point in anyone wasting few hours on a Sunday. 

I heard Zverev shriek when he fell down. It was a nasty roll. I hope he recovers soon. Nadal would eventually win but Zverev was giving him some grief. I thought Zverev would choke in the important moments which he did but nobody saw this. 3 hours for 2 sets. Ombeliebable, no? The ump yesterday was bending over for Nadal but giving Zverev a warning for using not so family friendly language.

Ruud is another nadal academy fanboy who will be there to present the championship to Nadal in three sets. I'm not even gonna entertain watching it. Rafatards like @velu@coffee_rules can and will watch this boring game. Enjoy :two_thumbs_up:

On 6/2/2022 at 11:14 PM, nevada said:

Zverev is a mental midget. He always folds like a cheap tent in pressure situations. Nadal will probably win 2-3 times more at RG. He will keep saying injury/retirement but will be magically fit for the French Open.

Clay has healing properties :phehe:

On 6/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, Real McCoy said:

I heard Zverev shriek when he fell down. It was a nasty roll. I hope he recovers soon. Nadal would eventually win but Zverev was giving him some grief. I thought Zverev would choke in the important moments which he did but nobody saw this. 3 hours for 2 sets. Ombeliebable, no? The ump yesterday was bending over for Nadal but giving Zverev a warning for using not so family friendly language.

Ruud is another nadal academy fanboy who will be there to present the championship to Nadal in three sets. I'm not even gonna entertain watching it. Rafatards like @velu@coffee_rules can and will watch this boring game. Enjoy :two_thumbs_up:

It was a bad injury. I do think Nadal would have ground out a victory in the end, albeit a narrow one.

as for final, it is nadal who is overwhelmingly the fav, but one never knows

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

it is nadal who is overwhelmingly the fav, but one never knows

Usually one does, fully fit Nadal has lost what 1(2?) games at RG in 17-18 years! There's dominance & then there's this *ing rule - I doubt anyone else has seen this kind of performance by an individual or team at the highest level so *ing consistently. Bradman's fans should be ashamed of calling him the greatest sportsman ever when they've clearly witnessed better dominance by individuals/teams across decades of professional sports.

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Usually one does, fully fit Nadal has lost what 1(2?) games at RG in 17-18 years! There's dominance & then there's this *ing rule - I doubt anyone else has seen this kind of performance by an individual or team at the highest level so *ing consistently. Bradman's fans should be ashamed of calling him the greatest sportsman ever when they've clearly witnessed better dominance by individuals/teams across decades of professional sports.

apart from the match with soderling and another with djoker, never seen nadal come off as second-best at RG. man is indeed a beast!

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

apart from the match with soderling and another with djoker, never seen nadal come off as second-best at RG. man is indeed a beast!

Ironically the most games Nadal has lost at a final was against Federer in RG 11. Who would've thought. Even Djokovic was underwhelming.

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why he dominates FO so much? My knowledge about tennis is limited.

His game (base) is well suited for FO (clay court) and he is a damn good athlete, his reach is ATG level. Never seen anybody with such a ability in running. Hence, very prone to injuries as well 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

His game (base) is well suited for FO (clay court) and he is a damn good athlete, his reach is ATG level. Never seen anybody with such a ability in running. Hence, very prone to injuries as well 

Don't forget to mention the slowness of the surface and the heavy topspin generated by his FH, helps on the high bouncing courts of FO. Especially if the opponent has a poor BH, height and serve, Nadal can easily exploit those. 

The same is not the case at other surfaces. His dominance lessens.