Expect a stubborn team management to make no changes

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

They still haven't realised loi cricket especially T20  cricket which is dynamic has actually again changed while we being still deluded(suffering) about anchoring the innings syndrome

Which I have been saying for quite long,T20 cricket is very volatile format it chnages in space of six months we need to keep innovating which is anyway not our forte

Our upcoming batsmen can't cope with the fast changing nature of this format

We tend to react very late ,I said it before sides like BD,Pak,SL will also leave us to dust in coming years in short formats which is eventually shaping into reality now

When you think about it we were way ahead of the trend in terms of attacking batsmanship back in 2008-2012, I guess it was dravid himself that experimented in odis while he captained, for us from 2017-22 has been a set pattern, the likes of Rohit, kl and kohli are way to big commercially, for them to stay at the top is by hitting centuries, this mindset has rubbed of on iyer, gaikwad etc, Even while stat padding these folks are inconsistent and are always getting out on the defence, I guess this should be gaikwads last chance to shine if not abhisekh should rightly get his chance, iyers 54 of 40 is not gonna win us the world cup, unless he is the only anchor in the 11 he shouldn't be playing, 1) kl, 2) abhisekh, 3) patidar/tripathi, 4) Kishan, 5) sky, 6) pandya, 7) tewatia, 8) chahar , 9) bishnoi 10) bumrah and 11) umran. This looks more like a proper t20 xi, harshal brings nothing to the table, if one good ipl season was a parameter then Mohsin, dayal, Mukesh should all be playing

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umran could have infused some excitement in this Super Boring T20I series.

But not to be.

They have selected him in the squad just for saying,

Nothing on the ground,batting is lackluster bowling is non-existent this is Indian limited overs setup for you

Dravid looks totally clueless as an international coach

Harshals figures flattered his bowling today but  i guess that buys him some rope for now. Chahal too. They didn't bowl well in the previous match which was also a slow pitch. I hope this doesn't mean we play the same attack again in the next game. Id make 4 or 5 changes tbh which i pretty much know this tm won't but what the hell. Guys like Hooda, V iyer, Bishnoi, Arshdeep, Umran all deserve games. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

This win will cost us atleast the T20 WC if not the 2022 WC.

Right now, the players are being rotated due multiple series. We will start to see better combinations in the series in Eng, WI+USA, v Aus, & Asia Cup. 

Although i really wnt them to give umran a chance but selectors have messed up the squad for that .  But im happy they are not chopping n changing a lot, when u give someone a chance give them a proper run . 

Ppl here kept abusing kohli for not gving players a proper run, now they are getting abhi bhi problem hai. Kahin to tikk jao 

If your non fav player isnt getting a consistent run dont expect ur fav player to get a consistent run either which is what happened under kohli no one cud ever settle . 

Give a fair chance to someone before discarding them or else they ll keep coming back, again something that happened during kohli era

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The problem is we prepare very late for ICC tournaments.  

Dravid-rohit got this team very late also , its just been 4-5 series till now and too many options to explore on top of that u need to give a fair run to everyone. With so many option i doubt everyone will get a fair run 

At best they can try to look for spots that are under question 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Consistency of selection is important before tournaments. The problem is we prepare very late for ICC tournaments.  

Ideally, the management should have known what the best XV is and backed them to come good but I'm not sure they do know who the best players are. 

IPL performances muddy the waters. Like with Ishan Kishan - he was okay prior to IPL, had a torrid time there and is playing consistently well now. So, haan ya naa?  Plus with T20s, it seems like a big hit-or-miss to pick your best guys well in advance because current form seems like the most important success criterion.

On a related note. After watching the SA series, one thing is clear:  it is hard to know if we have learned much regarding what is best for WCT20 where pitches are bouncier, grounds are bigger, dew may not be a factor and players are not going to be sweating oceans.

Overall, the biggest gaping hole is lack of power-hitting. India does not seem to have guys who can muscle even mistimed shots across the rope. There are plenty of finesse guys who will do well when the ball is coming on, not moving, not spinning and timing is not a huge issue. But when that is not the case, they are at a huge disadvantage.

At least, with the other holes, we know there are guys waiting in the wings (fast bowlers, 360 bats etc), but for sheer power hitting, just not seeing it.  Perhaps, now that India has achieved fast-bowling domination at least in tests, power-hitting is the next quest!

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

At least, with the other holes, we know there are guys waiting in the wings (fast bowlers, 360 bats etc), but for sheer power hitting, just not seeing it.  Perhaps, now that India has achieved fast-bowling domination at least in tests, power-hitting is the next quest!

I just want from the ex cricketers to say in the lines "Indian bodies are not meant for power hitting"

8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

IPL performances muddy the waters. Like with Ishan Kishan - he was okay prior to IPL, had a torrid time there and is playing consistently well now. So, haan ya naa?  Plus with T20s, it seems like a big hit-or-miss to pick your best guys well in advance because current form seems like the most important success criterion.

On a related note. After watching the SA series, one thing is clear:  it is hard to know if we have learned much regarding what is best for WCT20 where pitches are bouncier, grounds are bigger, dew may not be a factor and players are not going to be sweating oceans.

Overall, the biggest gaping hole is lack of power-hitting. India does not seem to have guys who can muscle even mistimed shots across the rope. There are plenty of finesse guys who will do well when the ball is coming on, not moving, not spinning and timing is not a huge issue. But when that is not the case, they are at a huge disadvantage.

I think Ishan Kishan has played well enough to warrant selection. 

Wrt consistency of selections, I think there is enough evidence to suggest that the best tournament sides are those who have played together and had a lot of match experience together. Last World T20 was a shambles in that the bowling attack was either not good enough (Shami) or guys who had played few internationals. 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:33 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

I think Ishan Kishan has played well enough to warrant selection. 

Wrt consistency of selections, I think there is enough evidence to suggest that the best tournament sides are those who have played well together and had a lot of winning match experience together. Last World T20 was a shambles in that the bowling attack was either not good enough (Shami) or guys who had played few internationals. 

Good points, but I amended them slightly. 

IMO, experience alone or playing together alone is not enough. Sufficiently experienced players familiar with the conditions who are in reasonably good form combined with some highly in-form, aggressive youngsters will lead to success.