Rajat Patidar v Sarfaraz Khan

2 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

Patidar wont be a chance..Kishan and SKY will bat in MO..in KLs and Iyer's absence..

I wanted Patidar to be given a try but they would like to keep a limited set for odi wcup..

unless Patidar has a breathtaking IPL season..it will be difficult for him to pip any one else from odi team..

Instead of playing Srilanka they could have created 2 Indian teams have a series between them.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sarfraz is also heating up the competition with an 160. But he must realize without losing weight he is not getting anywhere close to the selection. 

If he can bat whole day,field whole day he may be match fit.

He should have looked after his fitness in the off season .

But if he is agile on the field ,can bat longer his fitness should not hinder his selection in the team

4 hours ago, tweaker said:

If he can bat whole day,field whole day he may be match fit.

He should have looked after his fitness in the off season .

But if he is agile on the field ,can bat longer his fitness should not hinder his selection in the team

It should not. But it will. For starters he has to reach the level of his brother atleast. He looked similar in stroke play plus he can bowl. I sense Mushee may play for India before Sarfraz.

6 hours ago, Lord said:

Why is there a comparison? They both should be drafted in

Every time we (I) start to write off Sarfaraz, he makes a positive contribution. I realize fitness is an issue, and people have alluded to some attitude problems in the past but man ... maybe he does deserve an opportunity. People mature with age, so maybe his attitude problems are behind him.

Also, he and Patidar can't do much worse than Gill or Iyer at this point. And it might light a fire under those guys to have some legit competition.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Every time we (I) start to write of Sarfaraz, he makes a positive contribution. I realize fitness is an issue, and people have alluded to some attitude problems in the past but man ... maybe he does deserve an opportunity. People mature with age, so maybe his attitude problems are behind him.

Also, he and Patidar can't do much worse than Gill or Iyer at this point. And it might light a fire under those guys to have some legit competition.

Looking at how Gill & Iyer are going both of these guys would be massive upgrade. 

Hopefully Rajat is a solid slip catcher like Gill though (only thing he is supposed to be good at these days. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:29 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Every time we (I) start to write off Sarfaraz, he makes a positive contribution. I realize fitness is an issue, and people have alluded to some attitude problems in the past but man ... maybe he does deserve an opportunity. People mature with age, so maybe his attitude problems are behind him.

patidar should be in the team, sarfaraz should not (he's not test level on current evidence). would rather have seen a stop-gap spin expert like mayank or karun nair instead.