The road ahead for Bollywood

Number

8 hours ago, bharathh said:

I thought it was supposed to be Iran. 

I am not sure if the US navy has access to Persian Gulf, because that is where they will have to fly from to enter Iran.

In the movie they enter directly into snowy mountains from the ocean, if they flew into Iran they will have to cross the desert area of southern Iran before nearing the Caspian Sea where snowy mountains are present. 

Iran and North Korea are allies, so North Korea must have got an F14 from Iran.

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I had some strong views on the topic. You can find them here.

Re-posting my views here so that you can like/heart/great post my astute insights on Top Gun Maverick on two different pages:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was bored. Dozed off in parts.

Apart from the BGM, I liked nothing about the movie. And I haven't seen the 1st version from the 1800s when Tom Cruise was 20 years old.

As a stand alone this movie was a drag. Also they didn't name the enemy nation...

Nothing but a collection of cliched dialogues, classical Hollywood projection of American awesomeness and alternating scenes with airplane stunts and visage zoom-ins for what passes as emotional drama in Hollywood.

I'd put it in the same category/calibre as Tarzan the wonder car.

I'd love to know an IAF pilot's opinion on Maverick's strategy. Surely he would be deemed crazy especially with that steep climb where almost 8 times gravity force acts on your body.

24 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I'd love to know an IAF pilot's opinion on Maverick's strategy. Surely he would be deemed crazy especially with that steep climb where almost 8 times gravity force acts on your body.

Its better than JP Dattas attempt at Paltan... after making Border in 1997 with real tanks, planes and explosions on a smaller budget ( my Fav film of all time) he makes this rubbish called Paltan where 80% of the sets is fake green screen and chinese soldiers are speaking Hindi.

Atleast TG Mav flying strategy in the film is shot in real planes in real locations ( however out there it may be).. do we have the capability to hire real IAF fighter planes and pilots for a film? Id rather take this anyday over Bhuj..

Bollywood business model unviable, actors' fees need course correction: Industry

Production houses and OTT platform have realised that these Bollywood stars fees have become so astronomical there isn't enough money to invest in film making and the rest of the value chain is not making enough money. Calls for performance based fees for actors- Agree with this

Liger getting panned in the Telugu belt- already no one was going to the see the Hindi version anyway, by releasing Hindi version a day late they have shot themselves in the foot. This time the 'boycott gang' doesnt even have to do anything, the film is that tatti anyway. 

I feel sorry for the thousands of people in Ap/Telengana who spent their money to  watch struggling Ananya Pandey

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Liger getting panned in the Telugu belt- already no one was going to the see the Hindi version anyway, by releasing Hindi version a day late they have shot themselves in the foot. This time the 'boycott gang' doesnt even have to do anything, the film is that tatti anyway. 

I feel sorry for the thousands of people in Ap/Telengana who spent their money to  watch struggling Ananya Pandey

There seems to be a dialog in that film in which Ananya says

"I am destined to become a big bollywood star"

Another reason I feel is we Indians have massive inferiority complex. I have always found the sci-fi Hollywood movies complete nonsense bar very few. We see in every second movie the US of A saves the world from a big calamity then we saw how Covid battered them and then how they ran away from Afghanistan :hysterical:.

People can consume the nonsense from Hollywood but will mock anything that comes close to it from Bollywood.

Another proof of it is, some whites are just running their youtube channels on giving reactions to some Indian content and millions of Indians subscribe and view their reactions.:facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Number said:

Another reason I feel is we Indians have massive inferiority complex. I have always found the sci-fi Hollywood movies complete nonsense bar very few. We see in every second movie the US of A saves the world from a big calamity then we saw how Covid battered them and then how they ran away from Afghanistan :hysterical:.

People can consume the nonsense from Hollywood but will mock anything that comes close to it from Bollywood.

Another proof of it is, some whites are just running their youtube channels on giving reactions to some Indian content and millions of Indians subscribe and view their reactions.:facepalm:

Sci Fi films budgets are 100-200 million DOLLARS- no one would complain if Bollywood did the same however the product they come out is in  a budget of  200 CRORE, 100 Cr is the actor fee which means 100 Cr ( 10 Million dollars) is left for the film. Can you seriously think India can compete with a Hollywood film on the same scale without being ridiculed about its fake VFX and CGI in 10 million dollars? No one is stopping Bollywood to make a Alien invasion sci-fi film where India is attacked? But it will look so childish, don't blame Hollywood for this- they utilise their financial resources than we do, its as simple as that.

Your second point is very true- Indian YouTube users are simps and cucks as they need validation from others on their content by jerking off to their reaction videos. Whites and Pakistanis making millions based of Indian views of these videos..

51 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Puri was in the top tier once. Gradually his skill declined. Split from his wife, incurred losses and made a mess out of personal life. Then delivered Temper. And then gone down. 

But he was NEVER this cringe.

Surprising.

Who are you talking about? Who are you comparing cringe to?