zen

Do you like Ind’s T20 World Cup 11?

54 minutes ago, zen said:

Team can always be tweaked.

For the 2nd opener, it is among Pant, Samson, & KL, along with any other viable option. I like KL’s talent (and his back foot game too) so if he is batting like he did in the last T20, I would consider him too. 

In yesterday's game, he again played a slow match losing knock on that pitch. Look at what Green did in contrast as opener, scored at 207 strike rate while Wade strike at 214.

Here, SKY and Pandya both scored at much higher rate than KL did. Actually SKY inning was faster than KL but when media talk they say, India reach 209 thanks to Pandya and KL performances which is absurd. It should have been thanks to Pandya and SKy performance.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

In yesterday's game, he again played a slow match losing knock on that pitch. Look at what Green did in contrast as opener, scored at 207 strike rate while Wade strike at 214.

Here, SKY and Pandya both scored at much higher rate than KL did. Actually SKY inning was faster than KL but when media talk they say, India reach 209 thanks to Pandya and KL performances which is absurd. It should have been thanks to Pandya and SKy performance.

Yeah, the other two were better knocks … Current Indian openers are not free stroking enough to bat like Green. Y’day, in a relative comparison, I would give KL a benefit of doubt as Ind lost 2 wkts (those two wasted balls too). 

As I said for the 2nd opener, it is among Pant (left hander, can handle pressure), Samson (free stroking) or KL (well rounded  overall game, however can crack under pressure) or any other equivalent in form batsman (Shaw for e.g. but a poor fielder)

Edited by zen

Team I'd like after the WC

Shaw

Jaiswal

Samson/Hooda

SKY

Pant

Hardik (C)

Tewatia

Chahar

Bishnoi

Mohsin

Umran/Arshdeep

Other options

Kishan

Venky Iyer

Kuldeep Yadav

Mavi

The team might lose initially but we are doing it anyways. It is full of fearless batsmen with good batting depth and enough wicket takers