Horses for courses : Drop Kohli from T20s and play Hooda/Pant

Number

He is one of the biggest reasons we will never win anything in T20s. He symbolises the backwardness in Indian T20 Cricket and why it is left way far behind.

His utility at best is if on some tricky pitch, fast bowlers are on top then he can stop the collapse from one end.

But how many such matches we will win ? 

1 out of 10 may be.

On any other wicket he has no utility as a T20 player. 

Can't accelate in middle overs against spin.

Can't accelerate once set against good death bowlers.

You don't need a batsman like him T20s.

Pant or Hooda or someone else may be, can be more destructive on their days once set and win you matches.

Edited by Number
2 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Kohli yes but Hooda and Pant can't do jackshit. We need bowlers. Period. Batting will be fine. 208 or 225 would not have mattered with our piss poor halwa bowling. 

Yesterday was a very bad day for bowlers agree. But I am talking in overall context. If Pant Hooda can't do better we need to move on from them as well but we can't be stuck with Kohli.

Another humiliating and embarrassing knock by Kohli.

India cannot afford to do this, but yet they do. I never wish for injury or illness for a player, but Kohli is placing himself ahead of country.

Its absolute madness that Pant or Hooda is not played ahead of Kohli.

I can understand one uncle in the team, but we cannot afford to have both Hitman and Kohli in the same team. It will almost fail most of the times.

I have more trust in an out of form Kohli against Shaheen/Naseem/Rauf on Oct 23 or against Rabada/Ngidi/Nortje in Perth. Class is class. These Hoodas and SKYs won't last 10 balls against first choice bowling lineups of major contenders on Aus pitches. Atm good only for IPL and against C sides in useless bilaterals. 

As we saw in Asia Cup, Kohli seems to be recovering his form, don't read too much into yesterday's knock. 

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I have more trust in an out of form Kohli against Shaheen/Naseem/Rauf on Oct 23 or against Rabada/Ngidi/Nortje in Perth. Class is class. These Hoodas and SKYs won't last 10 balls against first choice bowling lineups of major contenders on Aus pitches. Atm good only for IPL and against C sides in useless bilaterals. 

As we saw in Asia Cup, Kohli seems to be recovering his form, don't read too much into yesterday's knock. 

If the pitch is tricky and opponent bowlers get on top of us then we are anyway screwed. Kohli will get us to max 140 and our bowlers will just complete formalities. Most days in T20s won't be like that.

Point is, you don't win T20s matches by surviving. You win them by attacking. 

There is a reason Steve Smith hardly ever gets into first T20 XI of Australia or Joe Root in England's. The top 2 sides in T20 atm. 

Problem with Kohli and his kind of batsmen is their inability to explode once set. In T20 you need exponential graph makers, Kohli at the best in quadratic polynomial.

Moreover Pant isn't a bad option when we are looking to survive.

Edited by Number
1 minute ago, AuxiliA said:

Come on. I am not his fanboy but Kohli is arguably the GOAT T20I batsman and is regaining some form. 

Kohli till one point was a very good T20s. I would say till 2016-17.

But in last 3 years the game has changed drastically. The par scores are going up like rockets. We can't be stuck with someone's past records.

1 minute ago, Number said:

Kohli till one point was a very good T20s. I would say till 2016-17.

But in last 3 years the game has changed drastically. The par scores are going up like rockets. We can't be stuck with someone's past records.

Bhai, he was our best batsman by far in the Asia cup. And it's not like there are Viv Richards waiting to replace him. We need him for this WC atleast. 

Bowling is the problem, batting isn't.

Also, in batting, the real problem currently is KL Rahul.

SKY and Pandya are contributing very well, Rohit is giving attacking start and Kohli is also scoring at a better rate than Rahul. Rahul needs to do more especially considering he is opening the batting.

Bowling wise, there are major problems as Bhuvi, Bumrah and Arshdeep are our only best bets. We don't have any other reliable option. If anyone gets injured, we are doomed. Trundler Harshal is getting exposed and so did the likes of Avesh and Yadav. Deepak Chahar doesn't look at the best of rythm but he can only be tried in place of Bhuvi and not with Bhuvi.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Bowling wise, there are major problems as Bhuvi, Bumrah and Arshdeep are our only best bets. We don't have any other reliable option. If anyone gets injured, we are doomed. Trundler Harshal is getting exposed and so did the likes of Avesh and Yadav. Deepak Chahar doesn't look at the best of rythm but he can only be tried in place of Bhuvi and not with Bhuvi.

If option is between d chahar and Bhuvi I will pick any day d chahar over this pathetic trundler. As d chahar can win you with the bat alone also he is much better fielder than this trundler. Based on selected squad Bumrah, Arshdeep and D chahar should be the main bowler pandya and Axar being ar. Hope they send fawra to bench and get bishnoi in.

7 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If option is between d chahar and Bhuvi I will pick any day d chahar over this pathetic trundler. As d chahar can win you with the bat alone also he is much better fielder than this trundler. Based on selected squad Bumrah, Arshdeep and D chahar should be the main bowler pandya and Axar being ar. Hope they send fawra to bench and get bishnoi in.

Watching the game this morning before work, I got a good insight into India's WC chances.

Basically we are screwed. No chance of a good all round team performance, we have too many holes in the team. Be it batting or bowling.

How Pant is not in the team is disgraceful. Pant ahead of Kohli any time.

Dont get me started with Boobi. I love my boobs, but I dont love Boobi. He bowls at the same pace as the Australian women.

Where are all the Kohli fanboy clowns???

These bitches need an arse kicking.

Another Kohli failure.

We should keep tally of his failures for the next 6 T20I in India. So far he is 1/1 strike rate of failing.

Clown Kohli also had the worst strike rate of any batsmen in yesterday's match for any player that batted.

:hysterical: