Jump to content
zen

Notes that Team India could have used from Gujarat Titans!

Recommended Posts

IPL teams have luxury to plug their gaps with overseas picks but that doesnt stop us to groom our players..

 

 

Taking the cue from what GT had and team India lacks..
 

We just need to groom Bishnoi who is an attacking spinner..Rashid’s role in GT

 

we need to groom and back one or two high pace bowler to support Bumrah...pace option of Lockie/Alzari in GT

 

ideally let the bowlers develop some kind batting as well as we lack lower order batters in tail.

 

Get Pant or DK whoever plays to consitently make impacts esp as our last 4 batting is questionable..David Miller/Tewatia type impact


Though it may seem..but its not like for like replacement I am after

However, This should help in ironing out our gaps for now..

 

Fielding is fielding no excuses for that..

Edited by Need4Speed
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

IPL teams have luxury to plug their gaps with overseas picks but that doesnt stop us to groom our players..


Not a luxury but a necessity as top 20-30 Ind players get distributed among 10 teams. 
 

More than the relative strength of players, it is the approach that a team takes that makes IPL interesting:

 

a) Some teams are batting heavy (DC with Warner-Shaw-Marsh-Pant-Powell; PK on paper; etc)

b) Some go with good spinners (KKR & RR)

c) Some go with trundlers 

d) Some go with economical bowlers

e) Some go with a strong pace attack

f) and so on 

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, zen said:


Not a luxury but a necessity as top 20-30 Ind players get distributed among 10 teams. 
 

More than the relative strength of players, it is the approach that a team takes that makes IPL interesting:

 

a) Some teams are batting heavy (DC with Warner-Shaw-Marsh-Pant-Powell; PK on paper; etc)

b) Some go with good spinners (KKR & RR)

c) Some go with trundlers 

d) Some go with economical bowlers

e) Some go with a strong pace attack

f) and so on 

yes..but the approach also revolves around plugging the gaps..if they lack something..they can atleast try in auction in next season..

In Indian talent pool..we still dont have good pacey bowlers..they have potential but not ready for international level..so we will have to groom them,,

not many spinners of the level like  Rashid,Hasaranga,Narine(they can bat too)...even economical ones like Theeksana, Mujeeb ur Rehman

and so on..

Hence I said luxury as they can get international quality ready to make impact players directly from world..on the other hand Team India will have to groom players to get them ready for inetrnational level..we do have the talent pool..all we need is the will to groom and back them..

 

Nowadays..chasing is getting easier..if the wickets are flat..we cant do too much with the current bowling we have..whatever strategy we make..if we dont have penetration in attack..results wont go our way..even if are setting good totals..

Even A level sides of good countries or even their top domestic sides batting will give our bowlers a tough time..

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

yes..but the approach also revolves around plugging the gaps..if they lack something..they can atleast try in auction in next season..

In Indian talent pool..we still dont have good pacey bowlers..they have potential but not ready for international level..so we will have to groom them,,

not many spinners of the level like  Rashid,Hasaranga,Narine(they can bat too)...even economical ones like Theeksana, Mujeeb ur Rehman

and so on..

Hence I said luxury as they can get international quality ready to make impact players directly from world..on the other hand Team India will have to groom players to get them ready for inetrnational level..we do have the talent pool..all we need is the will to groom and back them..

 

Nowadays..chasing is getting easier..if the wickets are flat..we cant do too much with the current bowling we have..whatever strategy we make..if we dont have penetration in attack..results wont go our way..even if are setting good totals..

Even A level sides of good countries or even their top domestic sides batting will give our bowlers a tough time..

 

Teams can try but it is not easy (could take years for some teams much like developing a youngster could) as it involves off-loading some OS players (you can only have certain number of OS players in the squad), having the budget to get a suitable player, the availability of players (in demand players are already acquired so unlikely to be released by other teams), and actually being in the position to place a successful bid wrt to the budget. Which is why teams have to focus on their approach as it is difficult to have all usually unless a) their low bid investments turn out to be good, b) some of their players have a great tournament to cover for shortfalls 

 

In 2022, all teams started from scratch apart from being allowed to retain up to 4 players or draft 3 players for the two new teams. Therefore, the mega auction could highlight their strategy & tactics too. Next mega auction could be years down the line or when BCCI decides to add the final two teams (in future, total IPL teams would be 12).

Edited by zen
Link to comment

ofc..the OS spots are limited..plus the budget\availability\fitness\injury\form..all these factors come into play..whatever is in their hand they atleast try to make a balanced side on paper..they also dont need mega auction..mini auctions are fine if 1/2 gaps they can plug with some promising players..from other countries at cheaper price...how they perform its a different matter..similarly they can shop for agressive batsmen..agressive bowlers..spinning ARs..

once that part is done..they have to live with it and have to focus on their strength and approach..

 

To be fair..team did try to be agressive...and put up decent totals..they run short of breath..when we see our tail..or now our bowlers cant defend 208..

these supposedly line and length bowlers..cant even control line..and bowl wides..

can control length and bowl ful tosses..no strategy can work in that case..

 

the formula\strategy will work when we are talking about 2 competitive sides..so one can get edge over the other..however..I may sound negative..but our bowling is letting us down..and making us not competitive enough..

 

we can keep discussing about it..but the bottomline is..you have to answer to the corporate..it has both sides..good and bad..

Emotions will be kept on side..and performance matters..they need results..everything aligns to that..

 

in the case of Team India\MGMT\BCCI..who TF cares about ICF members..or Awaam haha..atleast for a good time..they can keep going their own way..

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Next match get  David Miller for Pandya :)

 

telegram sent from GT Hq’s :p:


Good to know that is what you understood from this thread! :phehe:

 

Appears as if GT’s win is still not digested (it has been 3+ months now)!! :hmmm: 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
1 minute ago, zen said:

 

 

Appears as if GT’s win is still hurting (it has been 3+ months now)!! :dontknow: 


bro apart from having fun on ICF IPL forum trust me I have never been hurt or upset by any win or loss in IPL games :laugh1:


I don’t even remember which team won which year after the first 2 IPL’s and the most recent one lol.

 

anyway hope you know it’s just fun, don’t take it seriously.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, maniac said:


bro apart from having fun on ICF IPL forum trust me I have never been hurt or upset by any win or loss in IPL games :laugh1:


I don’t even remember which team won which year after the first 2 IPL’s and the most recent one lol.

 

anyway hope you know it’s just fun, don’t take it seriously.

 


I inquired because the thread is on a different subject.
 

GT did not say give us ABDV or Warner or Russell or whoever (players associated with other teams).  It made use of its available resources (acquired through auctions and drafts/retentions much like other IPL teams). India has its resource pool. 

 

Also note that GT has won a title. India is yet to play in the upcoming WC (and was knocked out of the Asia Cup). 

 

 I look at the big picture (not one game here or there. Ind has won & lost many games esp. in bilaterals (GT lost some games too). The discussion is wrt major multi team events!
 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, zen said:


Good to know that is what you understood from this thread! :phehe:

 

Appears as if GT’s win is still not digested (it has been 3+ months now)!! :hmmm: 

With all due respect to you;

 

No one has an issue with GT's IPL win in their maiden season. It is a well celebrated event. And one that is much admired by cricket fans. As is the performance of their captain.

 

On the other hand, what is particularly infuriating is YOUR volte face. For 10 years you were a :mi: supporter.

Overnight you became a GT fan. While, in the long run, that maybe a poor choice, it is still understandable. 

 

However, you decide to troll :mi: and not just support GT.

 

:mad2: :mad:

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

With all due respect to you;

 

No one has an issue with GT's IPL win in their maiden season. It is a well celebrated event. And one that is much admired by cricket fans. As is the performance of their captain.

 

On the other hand, what is particularly infuriating is YOUR volte face. For 10 years you were a :mi: supporter.

Overnight you became a GT fan. While, in the long run, that maybe a poor choice, it is still understandable. 

 

However, you decide to troll :mi: and not just support GT.

 

:mad2: :mad:


Of late, every team that I support had Tuk Tuk Sharma in it. So for a change, I was happy to finally have a team to support that did not have him (and I wrote a bit here and there as a “happy” reaction) :elefant:

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

With all due respect to you;

 

No one has an issue with GT's IPL win in their maiden season. It is a well celebrated event. And one that is much admired by cricket fans. As is the performance of their captain.

 

On the other hand, what is particularly infuriating is YOUR volte face. For 10 years you were a :mi: supporter.

Overnight you became a GT fan. While, in the long run, that maybe a poor choice, it is still understandable. 

 

However, you decide to troll :mi: and not just support GT.

 

:mad2: :mad:

Once a Gujju, always a Gujju

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...