BCCI set to drop many senior players from T20s (T20WC22 debacle)

zen

On 11/23/2022 at 2:57 AM, express bowling said:

World Cup 2023 ....

Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Pant, Hardik, Jadeja, Bumrah, Shami, Chahal are fixed.  Bhuvi will make a comeback if he becomes SRH captain.

That is your 11.

IPL Captains and IPL.big names will be never removed. They will have a tough time getting SKY in.

Target is probably somehow reaching SF.  If even that is not achieved, who cares apart from unwanted fans like us.  

We are fools and will keep watching this commercial **** show.

Samson is also IPL captain, in fact Finalist. Wonder why his name never comes up in such discussions

40 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Samson is also IPL captain, in fact Finalist. Wonder why his name never comes up in such discussions

Samson hardly dominated any IPL season. Very inconsistent. As a youngster you need to stand out in IPL. Play those absolute blinders in a few games or be consistent throughout the IPL. Samson has not done that.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I doubt if they are permanently dropped. they will show up soon in some T20 series, mark my words.

hard to get rid of these roaches

Kela, kohli will be back but not immediately. Their performance in IPL will play a major role. Rohit, I think has been dropped from T20s.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

IPL Captain/ Star + International Cricket Senior from India ... this is the type which is irremovable.  Not the Samsons or even Iyers. 

There is a beautiful line from the Dark Knight Trilogy that sumizes the current situation with selection in Indian Cricket,

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object."

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

they are gonna saunted back soon. and even uncle dhawan will walk back into LOIs

Thigh slapper has the capacity to be captain of the Indian WC side if Rohit remains injured and they will go to him because he was captain for the past two years vs minnows.

12 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thigh slapper has the capacity to be captain of the Indian WC side if Rohit remains injured and they will go to him because he was captain for the past two years vs minnows.

yeah, it's likely. or they will go back to kohli and half of ICF will orgasm with pleasure, while the other half will bust a blood vessel due to anger

Biggest problem with Indian Cricket, is they wait for the disaster to happen before making changes.

Instead they should be mitigating disaster ie failing to win the WC,  by making the changes first.

Hitman, KL and Kohli dont care if they fail, as they know they wont be there for the next WC in 2027.

I would rather players like Gill, Iyer, Pant etc play and fail, because at least they will get the experience which hopefully holds them in good stead for future WC.

7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Biggest problem with Indian Cricket, is they wait for the disaster to happen before making changes.

Instead they should be mitigating disaster ie failing to win the WC,  by making the changes first.

Hitman, KL and Kohli dont care if they fail, as they know they wont be there for the next WC in 2027.

I would rather players like Gill, Iyer, Pant etc play and fail, because at least they will get the experience which hopefully holds them in good stead for future WC.

now, we have beyond that paradigm. even disasters lead to minimal changes.

I expect kela and kohli to play 2027 ODI WC and 2024, 2026 WT20

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

now, we have beyond that paradigm. even disasters lead to minimal changes.

I expect kela and kohli to play 2027 ODI WC and 2024, 2026 WT20

Peak stupidity will happen, when while waiting for so long for Kishan, Iyer to be in the team, we will again be waiting for them to be dropped from India's WC team in the 2030's. :hysterical:

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Peak stupidity will happen, when while waiting for so long for Kishan, Iyer to be in the team, we will again be waiting for them to be dropped from India's WC team in the 2030's. :hysterical:

in 2030s, they will be oldies too, especially iyer