Jump to content
BacktoCricaddict

M A G A ... G A?

Recommended Posts

Speaking at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump said he was launching his third presidential campaign.

 

Trump told his supporters: "In order to make America great and glorious again I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-magaga-presidential-announcement-maga-mocked-1759941

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nevada said:

I think he is done. This run looks like personal vendetta for the 2020 loss and Americans typically don't like it. This is why Al Gore and Hillary didn't run after losing the election. 

 

Certainly hope so.  Apparently, it may also be a ruse to keep the law at bay.  I've read a few articles (e.g., https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-drawn-to-2024-run-because-of-presidential-immunity-report-2022-7?op=1) that speculate that being a Pres candidate might give him some kind of immunity from being prosecuted.  I am not an expert in these matters and can't tell whether this is just journalistic bluster, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nevada said:

I think he is done. This run looks like personal vendetta for the 2020 loss and Americans typically don't like it. This is why Al Gore and Hillary didn't run after losing the election. 

"personal vendetta"? 

 

more like personal survival.  His only hope to avoid prosecution for multiple crimes is political success or at a minimum 'relevancy'.  So that his 'appeals' and legal defense have to be taken more seriously, more slowly until his inevitable death.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

 

Certainly hope so.  Apparently, it may also be a ruse to keep the law at bay.  I've read a few articles (e.g., https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-drawn-to-2024-run-because-of-presidential-immunity-report-2022-7?op=1) that speculate that being a Pres candidate might give him some kind of immunity from being prosecuted.  I am not an expert in these matters and can't tell whether this is just journalistic bluster, so take it all with a grain of salt.

yep, he has no choice but to run from a personal perspective.  The problem for US is that he's essentially burning down the republican party by splitting it and empowering nutjobs within it.  The unintended consequence is that the left are going to get much stronger, much faster and get a freer policy hand.  This inevitably will lead to bad financial decisions over the medium term. Woko Haram will become a bigger problem in the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2022 at 11:00 PM, sandeep said:

yep, he has no choice but to run from a personal perspective.  The problem for US is that he's essentially burning down the republican party by splitting it and empowering nutjobs within it.  The unintended consequence is that the left are going to get much stronger, much faster and get a freer policy hand.  This inevitably will lead to bad financial decisions over the medium term. Woko Haram will become a bigger problem in the US.

 

In my opinion rhe split ends of GoP seem to unite easily when it comes to fighting the Dems and the same is not as true on the other side. Trump got a good enough count of votes in 2020 despite his tantrums, controversies and the pandemic. 

 

Extending the above thought, the woke brigade is by definition vocal but isn't as populous. The Bernie or bust side led to the Trump victory by sitting out in 2016 presidential election but they couldn't get a further left candidate to the presidency in 2020 either than the centre left Biden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Boy from Navi Mumbai very angry that Trump is running again. Had to remind him that he is not getting water for half a day, electricity prices are up and ongoing dispute with builder. Trump can wait. 

 

Hehe, I'm no American but am happy that an anti science climate change denier was defeated in 2020 and hopefully the same shall happen in the Republican primaries :om:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

 

Hehe, I'm no American but am happy that an anti science climate change denier was defeated in 2020 and hopefully the same shall happen in the Republican primaries :om:


I am a bit on the fence. I don’t want him to come back because he is too much of distraction and disruption. 
 

But quite honestly for me, he has challenged the conventions of what I used to think rational scientific minds who can make optimum decisions. He showed that basic baniya common sense can “trump” all elite school education. Especially on NATO, China, WTO and Middle East. But he has no self control. 

Edited by ravishingravi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No sitting on the fence this time. He has ruined whatever narrative he’s built . After the Jan 6th event lost all credibility to run again. We are screwed by either party. Voted Republican to Congress here and he won in our district as Dems raise taxes. But will do Nota when it comes to President 

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No sitting on the fence this time. He has ruined whatever narrative he’s built . After the Jan 6th event lost all credibility to run again. We are screwed by either party. Voted Republican to Congress here and he won in our district as Dems raise taxes. But will do Nota when it comes to President 

What’s your opinion on desantis ? Seems to be the popular leader for now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

What’s your opinion on desantis ? Seems to be the popular leader for now

Yes popular to take on liberal agenda. Trump is wary of him now that he won a landslide in FL. Appears to be level headed and worked during Hurricane Ian and got popular. Also , a Covid crazy state where he ran against vaccine and mask mandates. At least he doesn’t mouth off like the orange head. He is waiting for Trump to run himself out of the race by talking (he calls Ron Desanctimonius :giggle:) . Don’t know much of his stance on Climate, but he is catholic and pro-life and anti-abortion. All ticks for conservative evangelical voters of America!

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...