Lower your expectations - Rahul Dravid

2 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Always was. He does not know backfoot! Is he a ATG with such weakness? This dude is sucking for 4 years now. Even Sachin came back from tennis elbow and regained form in shorter time.

he had some backfoot shots in the past. it's gone now

6 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Always was. He does not know backfoot! Is he a ATG with such weakness? This dude is sucking for 4 years now. Even Sachin came back from tennis elbow and regained form in shorter time.

If you omit Sachin's career after the 2011 WC, he had just 1 poor year, 2006. He wasn't at his best in 2005, but still managed to average 40.

Edited by Bublu Bhuyan
On 6/18/2023 at 3:23 AM, express bowling said:

The youngsters maybe good or bad. 

But the issue is whether selection is being done based on merit ? And whether there are any repercussions of non-performance ?

We have a system now where 80% to 90% of the selections are done based on big names, irrespective of current form, ability and performance.

This is making the existing players too secure and they don't feel any real pressure to perform.

Choose the same names with serious repercussions if they don't perform ... and see the result.

Okay see this is the most sensible post here.

There's no doubt that everyone from Kohli, rahane, Rohit and pujara should go. 

Give chances to as many youngsters as you want but temper one's expectations

I'm not that sold on their capabilities.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, Suhaan said:

One should be ready to see failures coming with newcomers,

Rohit Sharma failed like forever,then after taking long long time started to show results

Jadeja too iiirc took good 5 years to show up

Ishant probably 6 years under good guidance

Change is natural process,you like it or not it has to take place

Temper your expectations, that's all I'm saying. Many ICF-ers here are promising sky and moon only to end up with dust in our faces.

Truth is except maybe pant and to some extent bumrah almost every youngster has been disappointing to say the least in the last 7-8 years.

17 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Temper your expectations, that's all I'm saying. Many ICF-ers here are promising sky and moon only to end up with dust in our faces.

Truth is except maybe pant and to some extent bumrah almost every youngster has been disappointing to say the least in the last 7-8 years.

Sundar was good in the few games he played but gets injured as often as a passenger train stops. 

15 minutes ago, nevada said:

Sundar was good in the few games he played but gets injured as often as a passenger train stops. 

Yes. Injuries is another damning factor. We lost bumrah to injuries and he couldn't play in important competitions like T20 WC and WTC finals.

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Go back to my previous post, can't write it everytime to similar posts

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

Virat probably has the best game against bouncers out of all Indian batsmen I have seen, same goes for express pace. 

Lol at not having a backfoot game, yes he does not play cut frequently, but that's just one shot. 

I don't agree, but to each their own, I s'pose

Sunny, Jimmy (amarnath), and SRT are three I would place ahead of kohli. in the first 2 cases, if they played short balls at high pace badly, then it could have resulted in severe injuries (i.e., lack of helmets or low-grade helmets)

Edited by Vijy
20 hours ago, Bublu Bhuyan said:

If you omit Sachin's career after the 2011 WC, he had just 1 poor year, 2006. He wasn't at his best in 2005, but still managed to average 40.

Oh yeah!!! Sachin's test average was almost 57 right after the SA tour of 2010-11 with him winning the ICC cricketer of the year for 2010. This is playing continuously for 22 years. He should have retired after WC 2011 win, but decided to carry on in the stupid pursuit of 100 centuries. 

Edited by DeepSpace
38 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I guess he is saying this because of the kind of rebuild Saf have had to undergo recently where a lot of players have retired/quit for whatever reasons and the new guys take time. The idea then is to not allow a vacuum to develop all of a sudden with 4-5 players all riding into the sunset at once. 

20 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I guess he is saying this because of the kind of rebuild Saf have had to undergo recently where a lot of players have retired/quit for whatever reasons and the new guys take time. The idea then is to not allow a vacuum to develop all of a sudden with 4-5 players all riding into the sunset at once. 

India belatedly started phasing out by dropping Pujara and Rahane. They are right back now. Now we will be forced to phase them out at once.

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

India belatedly started phasing out by dropping Pujara and Rahane. They are right back now. Now we will be forced to phase them out at once.

That's the thing isnt it? If you bring back those whom you were supposedly phasing out then you weren't plannin on doing that anyway. Even with injuries they could have given a few others chances if they were serious about it instead of going back to them because of div 2 county runs and a few pretty looking boundaries in the IPL.