The KL Rahul approach - the worst batting approach in T20 history

Majestic

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In order to keep his sponsors happy he tries to spend as much time at the crease as possible. THat is one theory.

its bizarre, even his first year in KingsXI he played with intent then all of a sudden he joined thala academy

15 minutes ago, Moochad said:

its bizarre, even his first year in KingsXI he played with intent then all of a sudden he joined thala academy

Fear of getting out has become a permanent syndrome for him now at all levels. Even when he plays mediocre C string sides which bears no consequence in his selection he bats like that. Sometimes that fear overwhelms him right at the start like he got out to naseem shah a couple of times. In case if he survives he continues in that survival mode as long as it is possible.

He is not a mentally tough guy, let's be clear..in a nutshell he is just like Dinesh Karthik but with more batting abilities.

Despite having all the skill, his mind just doesn't allows him to play freely, that's the reason even in favourable situations he just can't accelerate because his mindset is timid. His tentativeness increases during the pressure games and thus he tends to self-explode, which leads to even more timid and tentative approach going further.

The more we are going to play him, this approach will keep on piling up which can impact negatively other batters too.

If Team India wants him to play, then kindly don't play him as an opener but as a floater/lower order hitter, where he will have no choice but to smash without thinking much. In that scenario the skill will take over his mind and we may squeeze out some benefit from him. Else, no chance at all.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He is not a mentally tough guy, let's be clear..in a nutshell he is just like Dinesh Karthik but with more batting abilities.

Despite having all the skill, his mind just doesn't allows him to play freely, that's the reason even in favourable situations he just can't accelerate because his mindset is timid. His tentativeness increases during the pressure games and thus he tends to self-explode, which leads to even more timid and tentative approach going further.

The more we are going to play him, this approach will keep on piling up which can impact negatively other batters too.

If Team India wants him to play, then kindly don't play him as an opener but as a floater/lower order hitter, where he will have no choice but to smash without thinking much. In that scenario the skill will take over his mind and we may squeeze out some benefit from him. Else, no chance at all.

I do not think he is that skilled. He can play some shots against certain type of deliveries. When the ball moves even a shade he will find himself in no man's land.

12 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I don't think he is that skilled in tests  but in t20s I did think he had all the skills.

14 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

In order to keep his sponsors happy he tries to spend as much time at the crease as possible. THat is one theory.

That is going to backfire as no one would want to buy whatever he is advertising 

Do not think any1 else has the same luxury as KL in IPL, donot think his approach will be appreciated if he was not the captain of the side.

Playing out maidens in PP is criminal, if at the starting of the game if you find whatever other team scores your team would have to score the same in say 1 less over.

would some1 take this deal?

if he was not the captain and have been playing such innings he would have been dropped from the team. His approach adds up pressure on the other guy who has to find a boundary ball after ball in hope that his luck continues and the KL on other hand able to play all through 20 overs and score 70-75 runs of 50 balls.

But this has been the approach of Ind suerstars in Ipl or intnl cricket scoring par/sub par scores and hoping other teams to play as bad as them.

They have their personal milestones to achieve.

Edited by tapandrun

23 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

The only thing he will smash is the team's chances of winning. He is done, there's no coming back from the mediocrity he has descended into. 

what is Markram doing ? 

he is bowling 2 overs and is asking Umran Malik ( the next big thing in india after Sachin and Virat ) to just bowl 2 overs.

Show Umran the confidence ..as soon as he gets captain's backing , he will become a tiger.

give him the brand new ball - at least give one over along with BHUVI ( who is a master class, only trundler in india whom I appreciate). bhai confidence dikhao- he will get you results. give him 3 to 4 matches with the new ball - if he fails then give him the old ball after 10 overs. if he bowls 152K with a 10 over ball, if he manages a new ball , he could go to 158k and who knows he gets his accuracy too and may be he may not need to go for super fast speed and get some swing at 145K with the new ball. 

swing at 130K from bhuvi is also so deadly and if ball moves a bit at 145K...- umran will become a DALE STEYN

guys please post such comments on twitter so that the right people can read it and take some action.  BC mukesh kumar ko dekhna pad raha hai..time waste hota hai.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:37 PM, raki05 said:

Sir even you demanded him at no. 5 in odi team.However glad that you came to senses as this guy is infected with comorbidity of selfishness and mental midgetry.

Raki- Seems you know KL personally well too. Kind of agree 100 % to this.

ANy Match where he plays and scores , his team looses and even for India , he has won india a match but only in cases where runs have to be scored slow.

mean while if he gets a PATTA wicket , he suddenly explodes and scores one QUICK innings which gives folks like me an illusion that he has the capability to strike Big too.

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

what is Markram doing ? 

he is bowling 2 overs and is asking Umran Malik ( the next big thing in india after Sachin and Virat ) to just bowl 2 overs.

Show Umran the confidence ..as soon as he gets captain's backing , he will become a tiger.

give him the brand new ball - at least give one over along with BHUVI ( who is a master class, only trundler in india whom I appreciate). bhai confidence dikhao- he will get you results. give him 3 to 4 matches with the new ball - if he fails then give him the old ball after 10 overs. if he bowls 152K with a 10 over ball, if he manages a new ball , he could go to 158k and who knows he gets his accuracy too and may be he may not need to go for super fast speed and get some swing at 145K with the new ball. 

swing at 130K from bhuvi is also so deadly and if ball moves a bit at 145K...- umran will become a DALE STEYN

guys please post such comments on twitter so that the right people can read it and take some action.  BC mukesh kumar ko dekhna pad raha hai..time waste hota hai.

Markram is enjoying his time here, after winning the T20 tournament for Sunrisers in SA, he is kind off in chill mode this year.
Leave aside Markram, apart from Klassen every foreign player is behaving like a loose cannon for SRH, Harry Brook has been a big pile of dump so far for SRH.

Even Steyn who was so proactive last year, has went into the "zen" mode and not looking proactive. I had big hopes from SRH but they have messed so badly that I don't even turn on the Jio to watch their games, maybe if Tyagi plays then I might watch else I'll kill my time elsewhere.
Pitches this year are weirdly slow and not favouring pace bowlers is another turn off for me.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Markram is enjoying his time here, after winning the T20 tournament for Sunrisers in SA, he is kind off in chill mode this year.
Leave aside Markram, apart from Klassen every foreign player is behaving like a loose cannon for SRH, Harry Brook has been a big pile of dump so far for SRH.

Even Steyn who was so proactive last year, has went into the "zen" mode and not looking proactive. I had big hopes from SRH but they have messed so badly that I don't even turn on the Jio to watch their games, maybe if Tyagi plays then I might watch else I'll kill my time elsewhere.
Pitches this year are weirdly slow and not favouring pace bowlers is another turn off for me.

Harry Brook should have been picked up by RCB or MI which is where you get batting friendly conditions. SRH should have gone for Shanaka.

When KL Rahul gets out early, you can see how the rest of the batsmen are capable of scoring at a high SR and getting team way past 200. If Rahul plays his long innings, then they are at best targeting 180.