BJP completes 9 years in centre - how have they performed?

Austin 3:!6

How was BJPs performance in last 9 years?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How was BJPs performance in last 9 years?

Ambani/Adani hate is bit excessive at times indeed.  I bet Congress govt.  Would pretty offer similar favors to these guys & would in turn get massive funds for their election campaigns pretty much what BJP does. 

And PeeJeP would drag them daily as well for that...  So will their supporters so yeah it goes both ways.  Deal with it:spy:

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

Looks like Adani/Ambani etc. have really done a job on a number of people on this forum!

I really understand the term success breeding contempt on ICF. While Adani comes in for a lot of derision and hate, everyone loves to give the politicians - who apparently do nothing but politics to become multi-billionaires on public money - a free pass. Even if we say Adani, Ambani etc. do get political favours - they don't make money from public monies like bureaucrats, politicians, and corporators do. 

However, rarely have I seen people go after the Gandhi family, the Vadra family, the Mulayam Singh Yadavs, the Gowdas, the Karunanidhi coterie, the Maran family, the YSR family, etc. 

I have never seen this kind of contempt for so-called eminent lawyer-politicians who earn crores representing criminals and anti-social elements such as Chidambaram and fly (also an extortionist and thief), Kapil Sibal, Digvijay Singh, Salman Khurshid, etc. They literally control who gets justice and who doesn't. They can get a case of their choosing in front of the SC over a weekend while the rest of the country must wait decades for a civil case that can be life/death for the litigant to get a hearing. 

Unme kya hai jo Ambani/Adani mein nahi hai? 

LOL this takes the cake right here.

"Everyone is corrupt, why are you hounding my guy, he's just playing the cards dealt to him"

The problem here is - the Gandhi family, Vadra, Bajaj, Mittal etc. are Old Money aristocrats that have so much money that they are not greedy to make more and they are not easily bullied by politicians and usually they kept to one major industry.

This is why Tata, Bajaj etc. are among the biggest contributors to society in terms of charity etc.

The problem is when Adani goes after GVK a very well respected businessman and visionary who built the Mumbai Airport with years of blood. sweat and tears as a dream project of his where he didn't even care if he made a profit. He just raids GVK's sons, daughters and everyone's houses through government and makes their life a living hell.

Then has GVK hand him the Mumbai Airport for free (taking over it's debt which funded the government banks) by changing the laws on who can buy critical infrastructure.

He did the same with all the ports, remaining airports, cement, infrastructure etc.

You know who gets hit the most because of it? The common everyday person:

1) Higher oil/diesel prices (thanks to Ambani owning the petrol business - a complete monopoly). Explain to me how can 2023 petrol prices be more expensive than 2022 prices when Oil prices overall (the same oil bought by Ambani to be refined from the global market for 50% lesser cost compared to 2022).

2) Higher cement, shipping, travel and every other expense - thanks to Adani owning all the supply chain

3) More monopolies means these two can raise prices at will to destroy smaller companies.

4) No small/medium business will succeed if they compete in industries where Ambani and Adani have their foot in (media, money, government and everything is against them). Is this what you want in a democracy?

The level of corruption here is unheard of and it's clear which party Adani and Ambani are aligned with.

People here are so naive that they really think GVK willingly gave away Mumbai Airport or the infra companies happily handed over Adani their legacy.

Of ALL the startups in the tech sector (new money young entrepreneurs), not a single rupee has been given to them as seed capital investment by Adani and Ambani even though they benefit from taxpayer funds. Everything is from foreign investors - the same foreign investors like Saudi Arabia, UAE, USA that the nationalist brand keeps saying is against India and is anti-national.

This hypocrisy is so funny, we can make a comedy out of it. But the sad thing is that real every day people are impacted by these policies.

This is why I keep my points to myself as it's a waste of time arguing these points as most people will not even care how something impacts them when they get brainwashed against Us vs. Them mentality.

3 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

"Everyone is corrupt, why are you hounding my guy, he's just playing the cards dealt to him"

The problem here is - the Gandhi family, Vadra, Bajaj, Mittal etc. are Old Money aristocrats that have so much money that they are not greedy to make more and they are not easily bullied by politicians and usually they kept to one major industry.

This is why Tata, Bajaj etc. are among the biggest contributors to society in terms of charity etc.

The problem is when Adani goes after GVK a very well respected businessman and visionary who built the Mumbai Airport with years of blood. sweat and tears as a dream project of his where he didn't even care if he made a profit. He just raids GVK's sons, daughters and everyone's houses through government and makes their life a living hell.

Then has GVK hand him the Mumbai Airport for free (taking over it's debt which funded the government banks) by changing the laws on who can buy critical infrastructure.

He did the same with all the ports, remaining airports, cement, infrastructure etc.

1) Higher oil/diesel prices (thanks to Ambani owning the petrol business - a complete monopoly). Explain to me how can 2023 petrol prices be more expensive than 2022 prices when Oil prices overall (the same oil bought by Ambani to be refined from the global market for 50% lesser cost compared to 2022).

2) Higher cement, shipping, travel and every other expense - thanks to Adani owning all the supply chain

3) More monopolies means these two can raise prices at will to destroy smaller companies.

4) No small/medium business will succeed if they compete in industries where Ambani and Adani have their foot in (media, money, government and everything is against them). Is this what you want in a democracy?

The level of corruption here is unheard of and it's clear which party Adani and Ambani are aligned with.

People here are so naive that they really think GVK willingly gave away Mumbai Airport or the infra companies happily handed over Adani their legacy.

Of ALL the startups in the tech sector (new money young entrepreneurs), not a single rupee has been given to them as seed capital investment by Adani and Ambani even though they benefit from taxpayer funds. Everything is from foreign investors - the same foreign investors like Saudi Arabia, UAE, USA that the nationalist brand keeps saying is against India and is anti-national.

This hypocrisy is so funny, we can make a comedy out of it. But the sad thing is that real every day people are impacted by these policies.

This is why I keep my points to myself as it's a waste of time arguing these points as most people will not even care how something impacts them when they get brainwashed against Us vs. Them mentality.

Good points. There are larger issues and stakeholders at play than the "Us vs Them" brigade would like to believe. 

The farm laws is something  that is such a toxic issue for reasons I can't fathom.  We are constantly slammed in the WTO by Canada and the United States  for providing subsidies and for distorting global market prices for our produce.

They have been pushing for these domestic farm laws for years and then Modi seemed to oblige them. 

When the truth is that the developed world spends billions of dollars both directly and indirectly on food subsidies and there are protectionist measures /tariffs to ensure that Western farm produce does not suffer from cheap imports from places like India. 

Also, a huge part of India's workforce is in farming even today.  An average Indian farmer gets only $ 50 in subsidies from the government. The average farmer in America gets something like 7200 dollars in subsidies from their government. 

The WTO limit on subsidies as a percentage is inherently flawed because it only takes into account the overall output and not how many are actually involved in agriculture sector .

Allowing the private sector and especially MNC's would threaten our food security , fragile as it already is, even further . 

9 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

What did I just read here? 

For all the things you said - I am sure you have in depth information about all this. Care to direct how any of these acquisitions happened from verifiable information in the public domain? I am interested in getting people to hand over things to me as well. Would like to read the playbook on this as apparently, it is very easy for people to do. 

If you don't, it just reinforces what I said earlier. People just like to malign a few due to their contempt for what they have achieved. 

Vadra, Gandhis are old money aristocrats? What? Vadra was a gym boy. How did he achieve his millions suddenly? How does the Gandhi family maintain their lifestyles despite almost 0 known sources of income? What did they do to earn their fortunes? I am yet to hear about the great industrialist Gandhi. Which companies did this family create? Why don't people hound these parasites the way they hound Adani or Ambani. Again, speaking about this doublespeak doesn't make me an Adani man. I don't know what that means. 

I also see you have completely ignored all the other political examples I have mentioned. I guess they are also old money. :phehe:

Old money is best. Always made honourably right? 

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Good points. There are larger issues and stakeholders at play than the "Us vs Them" brigade would like to believe. 

The farm laws is something  that is such a toxic issue for reasons I can't fathom.  We are constantly slammed in the WTO by Canada and the United States  for providing subsidies and for distorting global market prices for our produce.

They have been pushing for these domestic farm laws for years and then Modi seemed to oblige them. 

When the truth is that the developed world spends billions of dollars both directly and indirectly on food subsidies and there are protectionist measures /tariffs to ensure that Western farm produce does not suffer from cheap imports from places like India. 

Also, a huge part of India's workforce is in farming even today.  An average Indian farmer gets only $ 50 in subsidies from the government. The average farmer in America gets something like 7200 dollars in subsidies from their government. 

The WTO limit on subsidies as a percentage is inherently flawed because it only takes into account the overall output and not how many are actually involved in agriculture sector .

Allowing the private sector and especially MNC's would threaten our food security , fragile as it already is, even further . 

Clearly another person that didn't bother to understand the farm laws :facepalm:

Not surprising. 

You do know that the farm laws did not do away with MSP. It just gave actual farmers the right to establish deals with anyone of their choosing and not have to go through the local mandis right? 

The us vs them is clearly apparent. You don't like this govt so you just say anything even if it an untruth just because the current govt proposed it. 

The number of people on this forum that indulge in us vs them but consider themselves morally superior despite being uninformed, wrong and petty is just hilarious. 

Anyways this forum wouldn't have appeal if everyone thought the same. So lage raho.

4 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Yeah right, the only people who have understood the farm laws are the Bhakt-Mandli of ICF :facepalm:

Enough of these dubious farm laws, they have already been discussed enough in the past thread by @speedheat 

Just two points which explain the reality about these laws...... Malicious 'Voice vote' in the parliament to pass the laws & secondly BJP Gormint asking farmers to 'Amend whatever they want' but not repeal them.

Why?

Probable reason.....BJP ki izzat ka sawaal :facepalm:.....Defiant farmers never trusted these corrupt politicians.

They won in the end :top:

Suck it up Bhakts.....this was the first step of the BJP downfall. 

Quoting myself from moderation thread

No one is a Bhakt, Jihadi or a Khalistani here and we are all responsible adults who comes here for our love of cricket and to discuss on other interesting topics. Request all to keep the discussion healthy, in right spirit and without name calling.

Pls don't come running or report posts if you are then being called Khalistani.

7 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Yeah right, the only people who have understood the farm laws are the Bhakt-Mandli of ICF :facepalm:

Enough of these dubious farm laws, they have already been discussed enough in the past thread by @speedheat 

Just two points which explain the reality about these laws...... Malicious 'Voice vote' in the parliament to pass the laws & secondly BJP Gormint asking farmers to 'Amend whatever they want' but not repeal them.

Why?

Probable reason.....BJP ki izzat ka sawaal :facepalm:.....Defiant farmers never trusted these corrupt politicians.

They won in the end :top:

Suck it up Bhakts.....this was the first step of the BJP downfall. 

You are welcome to quote from the farm laws to prove me wrong. 

17 hours ago, bharathh said:

Clearly another person that didn't bother to understand the farm laws :facepalm:

Not surprising. 

You do know that the farm laws did not do away with MSP. It just gave actual farmers the right to establish deals with anyone of their choosing and not have to go through the local mandis right? 

The us vs them is clearly apparent. You don't like this govt so you just say anything even if it an untruth just because the current govt proposed it. 

The number of people on this forum that indulge in us vs them but consider themselves morally superior despite being uninformed, wrong and petty is just hilarious. 

Anyways this forum wouldn't have appeal if everyone thought the same. So lage raho.

The amount of othering these people do and they complain about Us vs Them happening here. They come up with no facts, just spewing rhetoric is nothing bul verbal diarrhea 

The fact that not a single person was swayed on either side of the argument is exactly what's wrong with the country.

People have made a decision to support their political party based on religion, region, caste, or some other equation.

Nothing will change.

The only voter block who will change their votes are struggling to survive daily and have no time to come on message boards to argue.

This is why it's a futile attempt and a waste of time.

2 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

The fact that not a single person was swayed on either side of the argument is exactly what's wrong with the country.

People have made a decision to support their political party based on religion, region, caste, or some other equation.

Nothing will change.

The only voter block who will change their votes are struggling to survive daily and have no time to come on message boards to argue.

This is why it's a futile attempt and a waste of time.

Nobody will vote for your favourite party because you say so... Whenever a country veers off its course, a course correction is required. We had 50+ years of one party rule and the results are there for everyone to see. Don't think BJP has done badly in it's 10 years. Currently I vote for party which will protect the integrity of this country better and which is lesser of the evil in the current times

23 hours ago, bharathh said:

Not surprising. 

I despise everything the current government stands for. No doubt about it. But this is a matter of policy and I'd be against any political party that pushes this  

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I despise everything the current government stands for. No doubt about it. But this is a matter of policy and I'd be against any political party that pushes this  

But what you said in the earlier post was untrue. 

What in particular did you have an issue with? 

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

One has to be objective, can’t have everything opposed based on party affiliations. Farm laws were in every party manifesto and based on some rich farmers in 2 states, the whole protests were triggered. MSP is not a law even now, it is based on current state and region. It would have helped farmers to get a price from various buyers, a pure market, instead of a monopoly of middlemen as now. 

It's so obvious that many posters sole agenda is pessimism. That's easy to spread and sell.

Of course, the country has many problems, but one votes can what side can offer, their CV, and track record. That's where BJP is relatively better than the opposition today. They have their report card, and pro-voters.  That can't be said about the opposition today as they have a big zero.  For BJP, their pro-reasons includes resolving some long standing demands and issues, various completed and under completion projects, new schemes, and huge reachout to negligible parts of the country. 

12 hours ago, diga said:

Nobody will vote for your favourite party because you say so... Whenever a country veers off its course, a course correction is required. We had 50+ years of one party rule and the results are there for everyone to see. Don't think BJP has done badly in it's 10 years. Currently I vote for party which will protect the integrity of this country better and which is lesser of the evil in the current times

It's not "your favorite party" the regionalism and religion based voting is super entrenched.

There are people who will never change their vote no matter what as they belong to a certain caste, region etc.

It's a fact and even during the Congress rule of Sonia + Manmohan Singh they only were in power due to coalition of people like Mayawati etc. 

The only major change now from before is the complete media blackout as corporations own the entire media and the government is openly arresting youtubers and Twitter posters if they post anything against them.

We saw that with the media coverage during Hindenburg vs. ADANI and now Byju's. Complete media blackout during Adani mess but complete media meltdown vs. Byju's.

This was not the case during Congress rule. I don't even care if Congress wins or not but currently the country is run by corporations and that is undeniable.

Laws get changed on the whim of Adani and Ambani. This has put so much power in the hands of corporations that it will take a generation for things to reset. Instead of fighting over this very important case...

We are still arguing over religion or regionalism. This is where BJP has succeeded tremendously and will always succeed as long as they have media backing them.

The farm laws had a clear edge that benefited Adani. But the case completely shifted from corporate control over setting MSP and farms to Anti-national and Khalistan movement. This was brilliant swaying of public opinion as no one would support government and corporates vs. Farmers unless nationalism and patriotism is brought in.

The same happened when Hindenburg wrote against Adani, instead of investigating the issue, they played the same playback of anti-nationalism, colonialism etc.

It latches on to primitive and base nature of people to deflect the actual issue at large.

This is what I am saying. All politicians need is media and money and BJP has both in unlimited quantity. This is something no one can defeat.

I gave up long ago to convince people on this as they will then go back to their eco chamber media that will brainwash them again.

Similar to blaming Muslims for bringing COVID to India when it would have spread from any traveler. This is still entrenched in a lot of people's mind. It's hilarious but again once you bring it up, it rakes up emotions on a base level that is hard to debate or argue over. 

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

One has to be objective, can’t have everything opposed based on party affiliations. Farm laws were in every party manifesto and based on some rich farmers in 2 states, the whole protests were triggered. MSP is not a law even now, it is based on current state and region. It would have helped farmers to get a price from various buyers, a pure market, instead of a monopoly of middlemen as now. 

I am being objective. I am opposed to any party that will push farm Reforms without ensuring MSP in the laws. 

Throwing open our agricultural produce to the private sector would result in a few big private players and the resulting oligopsony would result in sharply reduced prices.   

And the so called rich farmers on average earn only 23,000 per month even in Punjab and Haryana where they sell primarily to APMC's.