Rohit-Kohli the twin legends

zen

21 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

What does he mean the situation doesn't allow it? Make your case to the bozos that run BCCI. Tell them you don't have enough time to prepare. 

This guy has dimag mein haddi, reed ki haddi nahin hai.

as if they'll listen

Perhaps saying in media might have some effect. But that's also wishful thinking

I am 37, watching cricket actively since 1995. The amount of criticism Indian crickets cop these days with ex-crickters having their own likes/dislikes and toxic fans in Social media bringing the team down.  Winning ICC tournaments need a wee bit of luck, in addition to the core team members performing well. No doubt, dhoni is tactical genius with great man management and temperament. Let's look at how luck has played a part in Indias ICC  triumphs where as the same luck/eluded Kohli or rohit.

2007 t20. Imran nazirs run out in 2007 t20 World Cup final which tilted the odds. nazir was 33 off 13 balls and Pakistan was cruising. a direct hit is always a chance which has gone Indias favor. If Imran nazir was not run out, the complexion of the game would have been different.

2011 World Cup semifinal against PAK: Sachin was dropped 4 times by Pakistanies where Indias score  could have been  230, if Sachin was caught much earlier. 

2019 World Cup: Not many would remember that Indias chase happened in reserve day. 240 was a no great total or out of reach total but the rain during mid innings postponed Indians innings to next day. The pitch was under covers with overcast cloud the next day. A difficult chase, considering the swing threat. 

In a similar overnight rain conditions and overcast conditions on match day, Pakistan was bundled out for 132 against aus in 1999 World Cup final against Australia.

If the weather gods were kind/no rain. Ind was overwhelming favorites to be the finalists.

2021 icc world test championship: rishabd pant gifting his wicket away with a draw on the cards

2023: shubman gills dismissal ( caught behind given wrongly) could have altered the complexion of the game.

Edited by mikeypbadana86
typo
2 hours ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

people in the late 90's used to stop watching/switch off TV, when David used to come to the crease. Poor tactician with agricultural approach to cricket. 

Can't understand how such a dull, boring and lifeless batsman have fans. The guy has a strike rate of 42 in Tests, can you believe that? Even that selfish and snail paced Kallis  who bored everyone to death, has a slightly better strike rate in Tests.

Edited by Bublu Bhuyan
2 hours ago, Vijy said:

Dravid the player (despite his limitations) was much better than Dravid the coach.

Was a very limited batsman who achieved good stats by pure hard work and dedication. I guess Ian Chappell said it best that the sign of a good batsman is not just about the runs he scores but also at what pace he scores them.

1 hour ago, Bublu Bhuyan said:

Was a very limited batsman who achieved good stats by pure hard work and dedication. I guess Ian Chappell said it best that the sign of a good batsman is not just about the runs he scores but also at what pace he scores them.

I won't question his batsmanship. Till date best player i have seen against lateral movement. NOt even Sachin was that good. His only issue was getting into shell. Even in WI series he negotiated Ambrose and co better than others. Produced some clutch knocks. Tendulkar rarely played well in both innings in a winning cause. Dravid did it multiple times.

1 hour ago, Bublu Bhuyan said:

Pace isn't everything though; no of runs matter too. For example, warner scores faster than smith/labu, but is not a better bat than them

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I won't question his batsmanship. Till date best player i have seen against lateral movement. NOt even Sachin was that good. His only issue was getting into shell. Even in WI series he negotiated Ambrose and co better than others. Produced some clutch knocks. Tendulkar rarely played well in both innings in a winning cause. Dravid did it multiple times.

Tendu didn't do well in 2011 tour, but otherwise there was little separating them.

Gangu was another player surprisingly good at handling lateral movement (65.4 batting avg in Eng); his real weakness was pace/bounce, which even dravid didn't enjoy that much

Edited by Vijy
21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Tendu didn't do well in 2011 tour, but otherwise there was little separating them.

Gangu was another player surprisingly good at handling lateral movement (65.4 batting avg in Eng); his real weakness was pace/bounce, which even dravid didn't enjoy that much

Tendulkar as a 17 year old drew a test 68 & 117*. Till date that is one of the cluthcest knock in his career. He had about 5 or 6 slips.  136 would have been an epic. But just fell short. I will forgive his failure to chase 120 against West Indies as several Indians including himself got out of no ball and was not given.  Dravid's 181, Twin centuries against Pakistan at Eden Gardens, Twin fifties on an unplayble track in West Indies, 233 & 72* at Adelaide oval. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Tendulkar as a 17 year old drew a test 68 & 117*. Till date that is one of the cluthcest knock in his career. He had about 5 or 6 slips.  136 would have been an epic. But just fell short. I will forgive his failure to chase 120 against West Indies as several Indians including himself got out of no ball and was not given.  Dravid's 181, Twin centuries against Pakistan at Eden Gardens, Twin fifties on an unplayble track in West Indies, 233 & 72* at Adelaide oval. 

136 is still the gold standard. Nothing comes close.

But i also rate the 146 against SA in 2011 which helped us drew the 3rd test (& the series) and till date our most successful tour in SA.

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Never seen a cult around him in real life. This is limited to social media army. Kohli and Dhoni were always our only two superstars.

Most comical imaginary cult is for KL Rahul lol Do anyone shout "Rahul" "Rahul"..  I see more for DK.

11 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Never seen a cult around him in real life. This is limited to social media army. Kohli and Dhoni were always our only two superstars.

Kohli, Sachin and Dhoni are megastars of the game. People who dislike them are a very micro minority.

Cult means dedicated fan base. Ganguly still has it, or as @vvvslaxman said above even KL Rahul. It is sad but true . I mean if Sanju Samson can have one don’t see why it’s hard to beleive KL doesn’t leave alone a guy like Rohit.

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli, Sachin and Dhoni are megastars of the game. People who dislike them are a very micro minority.

Cult means dedicated fan base. Ganguly still has it, or as @vvvslaxman said above even KL Rahul. It is sad but true . I mean if Sanju Samson can have one don’t see why it’s hard to beleive KL doesn’t leave alone a guy like Rohit.

Sanju is a mall lol Mall's are certified online defenders of India. When NY times shared a controversial cartoon they were the ones trolled NY times endlessly. When Maria Sharapova said he didn't know who Tendulkar was they were on a mission. Posting suffs in malayalam on her social media platforms. Years of communism culture has caused them react this way. They are exceptions 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sanju is a mall lol Mall's are certified online defenders of India. When NY times shared a controversial cartoon they were the ones trolled NY times endlessly. When Maria Sharapova said he didn't know who Tendulkar was they were on a mission. Posting suffs in malayalam on her social media platforms. Years of communism culture has caused them react this way. They are exceptions 

probably asking her to send them erotic pics or something like that