Duleep Trophy 2023

37 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kaverappa,  POTM & MoS as well...  Could be closer to a India cap than ever before. 

Ended Parsi quota Nagwaswalla once & for all. 

Upto Harshit Rana to light up Emerging Asia Cup. 

But man, it's not fair to pit it all on harshit on a dreadful placid track. Harshit would be deadly on a bouncy seaming pitch in sena. Dont know how bcci is still stupid to not understand such basic logic about pitches and conditions. 

Who excels in India doesn't necessarily excel outside in sena. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kaverappa,  POTM & MoS as well...  Could be closer to a India cap than ever before. 

Ended Parsi quota Nagwaswalla once & for all. 

Upto Harshit Rana to light up Emerging Asia Cup. 

Very good comments but in the past when Vidarbh won Ranji trophy not a single player from vidarbh team gets indian Cap, they have talented all rounder that we need always. I hope for ireland up coming tour we seen some Drastic changes in our Team under Hardik pandya

6 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

that was the slowest ball he has bowled,but you had to pick that one dont you?

1.png

Don't know why but domestic speed guns most often show 5-6kph less than they show in IPL and international. Vyashak was hitting up to 142 in IPL. Here quickest is 135.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

So South Zone wins Duleep trophy beating a much fancied West Zone (Defending Champs). 

They had a better bowling attack than everyone barring maybe NZ. 

Irani Trophy >Duleep Trophy > IPL> Ranji Trophy in terms of identifying Test standard players imo. 

Ranji has become hub of Trundlerism & stroke less wonders & is probably worst domestic competition going around. 

DUleep Trophy can be iffy given the quota selections. each state will have some quota. Sometimes a team like UP which has a surplus will have minimal representation. Lot of the guys who played for W Zone hardly played Ranji.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DUleep Trophy can be iffy given the quota selections. each state will have some quota. Sometimes a team like UP which has a surplus will have minimal representation. Lot of the guys who played for W Zone hardly played Ranji.

Yeah but guys like SKY are tier above some of the domestic grinders we see who feast on Trundlers. 

Pujara as soon as he came face to face vs a quality attack wasn't able to even put bat on ball. 

Kaverappa & Sai Kishore type bowlers are his nightmare. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah but guys like SKY are tier above some of the domestic grinders we see who feast on Trundlers. 

Pujara as soon as he came face to face vs a quality attack wasn't able to even put bat on ball. 

Kaverappa & Sai Kishore type bowlers are his nightmare. 

He will return to his favorite sussex and reel out 100s, 200s and come back in to the side

8 hours ago, wazza said:

Indian speed guns put out lower speeds compared to international speed guns. 

It's always slower in domestic. Umran etc was clocking 138-144 when in reality same balls were 145 plus in international cricket

Not just him. Even bumrah was clocked at 130-135 lol. We all know that's not true. 

Is there any proof for this claim?

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Don't know why but domestic speed guns most often show 5-6kph less than they show in IPL and international. Vyashak was hitting up to 142 in IPL. Here quickest is 135.

IPL is 4 overs, so every bowler will go all out. Here they have to bowl 15 overs plus so they will not able to sustain their speeds.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Congrats South Zone. Sai Kishore is next Axar. Mark it. He can bat a bit. One difference though. Sai Kishore flights the ball more.

axar is fast becoming a batting AR. Sai Kishore is basically a no. 9 level batter

27 minutes ago, putrevus said:

IPL is 4 overs, so every bowler will go all out. Here they have to bowl 15 overs plus so they will not able to sustain their speeds.

Actually it is par for the course in longer format. I have seen Rabada consistently bowling at 132 kph. Even Steyn has operated at 135 kph for a long period. What separates them though when they actually want to bowl fast they can. That is the quality you should have. Steyn always when batsmen try to score late in the evening against tired bowlers would bowl at 145 kph and pick a few wickets. That ability to bowl faster when you want to separtes him from others. These guys even if they want may not touch those speeds.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Axar was called that too.

axar didn't have a great ranji record unlike jaddu (with ball). and it makes sense that he is morphing into batting AR. his bowling is too 1D except on some raging turners against weaker teams

I think many of the obvious candidates who should have been selected were already highlighted, but I want to mention one name that has flown under the radar last ranji season, who I was tracking with interest.

There are two types of ARs. One of them is usually excellent at their primary skill, and then a supporting act with their second skill (Ind example is Ashwin). The other type are those who may not be excellent in one area, but do a very good job in both disciplines. In this category, what interests me most is the following: can this person take 4- or 5-fers and score 100s?

With this preamble out of the way, the person that interested me was/is Ninad Rathva. In 12 bowling innings, he has picked up 4 or more wickets 5 times, which is a phenomenal 2.4 innings per such haul. Similarly, in 12 innings, he has scored 3 100s, which translates to 4 innings per century (also excellent). this suggests a player who have consistent impact with both bat and ball, and is thus not merely a support act in either discipline (that being said, rathva is more of a bowling AR).

https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricketers/ninad-rathva-1126213

For all I know, he may be a minnow basher (I have only seen clips of him), but I would like to see him trialled in the likes of duleep trophy. we need to be looking for the next gen of spin bowling ARs after ashwin and jaddu. I know we have Axar and possibly Sundar (if he stays injury free), but unearthing more people is always desirable.

Edited by Vijy