BREAKING: The Cricket World Cup Fixtures Have Been Announced!

38 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

We know TM will play Chahal & Jadeja...  I don't think Pakistani batters would implode...  Likes of Chacha Ifti & Fakhar are fantastic players of spin. 

Pace is what catches these guys off guard. 

Even Shadab looks million dollars vs spin but can't handle decent pace. 

Pandu owned them with short stuff at 140k in WT20.... Another 140k pacer we would have wrapped them sooner. 

This. People don't realize how terrible we are against spin in LOI cricket these days. We neither have proper left-right combinations nor batters capable of using slog sweeps/reverse sweeps to attack spinners. At least guys like Kohli cannot play stuff like that. Maybe the younger guys can but they don't get chances anyway.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This. People don't realize how terrible we are against spin in LOI cricket these days. We neither have proper left-right combinations nor batters capable of using slog sweeps/reverse sweeps to attack spinners. At least guys like Kohli cannot play stuff like that. Maybe the younger guys can but they don't get chances anyway.

Shastri saying India needs two left handers in top 6 too...  An army of right handers have totally crippled strike rotation vs spin.  Likes of Kohli Rohit & then pathetic finishers always leave us with under par scores.  Making sure opposition spinners outbowl ours every single time. 

Current Scenario 

May be an image of 4 people, people smiling and text that says "Parit Parithabangal"

செமி பைனலுக்கு ஆஸ்திரேலியா வந்தா சரியா இருக்குமா

~ போன மாசம் தானடா அவனுகட்ட தோத்தோம்

அப்ப இங்கிலாந்து

~ defending champion ஆச்சே டா

சரி நியூசிலாந்து

~ பரம்பர பகை ஆச்சே டா

அப்போ பாகிஸ்தான்

~ தோத்தா ஸ்டேடியத்த கொளுத்திருவானுகளே டா

சரி பங்களாதேஷ் இல்ல ஆப்கான் எதாச்சு

~ நல்லா ஸ்பின் போடுவானே டா...ஸ்பின் ஆடத் தெரிஞ்சவன் எல்லாம் ஆஸ்பத்திரில கெடக்கானே

சரி அப்ப சவுத் ஆப்பிரிக்கா தான்

~ ஒருத்தன் தான் மிச்சம்...அவன்ட்டயும் தோத்தா அசிங்கமா போயிருமே டா

Translated to English

Will Australia make it to the semi-finals?

~ Last month only, we lost to them 

England then

~ defending champions Ache da

Ok New Zealand

~ Hereditary Enmity with them Da

Then Pakistan

~ If lost, total stadium will be on fire da

Well, what about Bangladesh or Afghanistan?

~ Having good spinners da...Whoever knows how to play spin are in hospital da

Well, then South Africa?

~ Only one team is left to lose 
13 hours ago, CricketWise said:

I think pitches are being relaid. Lucknow (and maybe Chennai too) won't be a raging turner, it's an ICC tournament; they'll ensure good batting pitches. 

Chennai was a decent batting pitch in the IPL as well except for a game or two.

And the weather gets so much better in October compared to summer months of IPL

4 hours ago, vice said:

No games in Mohali?  Not even a single game.  What a poor state of affairs. 

Fk BCCI with the politics at play

Mohali under lights is a big lottery where even 360 will be chased. Unless they create a deliberately slow track and use chemicals to reduce dew, there is just too big an advantage to chasing. 

This probably was a consideration

14 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Mohali under lights is a big lottery where even 360 will be chased. Unless they create a deliberately slow track and use chemicals to reduce dew, there is just too big an advantage to chasing. 

This probably was a consideration

Dharamsala is probably going to be a big splashy pool at that Time of the year as well. 

Don't think they took dew into consideration.  Last I heard PCA was in reconstruction phase. 

Rajkot sadly gets ignored again.  It is better looking stadium than Amdavad & pitch is a belter.  I'd have preferred a Indo Pak game there to outbat these guys. 

5 hours ago, vice said:

No games in Mohali?  Not even a single game.  What a poor state of affairs. 

Fk BCCI with the politics at play

It didn't meet ICC standards as per Rajiv Shukla. Remember Eden Gardens didn't get a single game in 2011 WC because of some delay in construction. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

It didn't meet ICC standards as per Rajiv Shukla. Remember Eden Gardens didn't get a single game in 2011 WC because of some delay in construction. 

Nah it definitely hosted a few games if i remember correctly. Was a batting paradise. But no India games which was a travesty. I think we were originally supposed to play Ireland in Kolkata but for some reason it was moved to Bangalore.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Nah it definitely hosted a few games if i remember correctly. Was a batting paradise. But no India games which was a travesty. I think we were originally supposed to play Ireland in Kolkata but for some reason it was moved to Bangalore.

IIRC there was a big controversy over some ICC inspection team not being satisfied with Eden, BCCI had a major fight with Haroon Lorgat over this which strained Ind-RSA cricket ties for a few years. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Dharamsala is probably going to be a big splashy pool at that Time of the year as well. 

Don't think they took dew into consideration.  Last I heard PCA was in reconstruction phase. 

Rajkot sadly gets ignored again.  It is better looking stadium than Amdavad & pitch is a belter.  I'd have preferred a Indo Pak game there to outbat these guys. 

Did you really think the distribution of venues was going to be democratic. Mr. Rajeev Shukla was quick to say that Mohali does not meet ICC standards but don't think he clarified what it was either  

I think its the first time a World Cup in India does not have Mohali and Nagpur.  On the other hand, Lucknow and Dharamshala - with very little history of the game gets 5 matches each .

Lucknow even gets India vs England and Dharamsala gets India vs NZ whereas Bangalore got India vs qualifier1 . And let's not forget Amdavad stadium- WC opener, India v PAK , ODI Ashes and WC final. 

A lot of it is more politically motivated than some would have you believe. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

You were supposed to host India v England but we got it instead :D

Rates on various hotel booking websites suggest that unprecedented demand may have led to the sharp surge in the room tariff for 15 October, when the arch-rivals will be playing at the Narendra Modi stadium here.

Hotel room rates rise 10 times

Room rentals have gone up nearly 10 times, with some hotels charging close to Rs 1 lakh, while many are already sold out for that day.

Is that normal for the rates to go up this high for a match? 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

So Modi stadium gets all the high profile matches. Jay shah is using his full power.

Think its due to the capacity. People will flock for tickets for Indo-Pak game and Ahmedabad has capacity of 135K spectators. You really cant have a game of such magnitude in smaller venues capacity wise. Most important games in Australia gets allocated to MCG for this very reason. Eden/Wankhede used to get imp games before exactly for same reason and now its the Modi stadium.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Think its due to the capacity. People will flock for tickets for Indo-Pak game and Ahmedabad has capacity of 135K spectators. You really cant have a game of such magnitude in smaller venues capacity wise. Most important games in Australia gets allocated to MCG for this very reason. Eden/Wankhede used to get imp games before exactly for same reason and now its the Modi stadium.

IPL opening match, final match lol  First of all why the biggest stadium there not in other iconic venues like MUmbai. It is just a political move starting from renaming stadium increasing capacity, hosting all high profile matches there. Mohali doesn't get any world cup matches in contrast

Edited by vvvslaxman
7 hours ago, Pakistan said:

I have gut feeling this home World Cup will be repeat of 2007 World Cup for you guys. You playing too much politics for this year Asia cup and this World Cup. 

If so then please invest some money in providing protection to your head coach and some therapists after you lose to a Minnow. After all its a repeat of 2007 right

India's schedule vis a vis it's opponents is favorable against a few but not so against others 

1. OZ - neutral (first game)

2. Afg - not favorable but they are minnows

3. PAK - favorable 

4. BD - neutral 

5. Nz - unfavorable (not just schedule but also the venue would give them an edge. ) NZ match is where the conditions are really loaded against us  

6. ENG - favorable for us. Also Lucknow pitch negates England strengths 

7 . Qualifier 1 -Favorable for us. 

8. SA - unfavorable but SA are bad on spin pitches . 

9. Qualifier 2 - favorable

Favorable scheduling is when India has more than a 2 day turnaround while the opponent only has 2.

Unfavorable is when we only have 2 and opponent has 3 or more. 

BD is neutral since we have 3 and they have 4.

2 day turnaround in ODIs often see decreased performance in bowling and fielding whereas a 3 day gap ensures that workloads don't affect performance. 

NZ have the best schedule for this World Cup.