Kohli led Indian team's camaraderie with Pakistanis affecting the team's focus and performance?

20 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

Anything is possible, but if we had a middle order that looked like 2011 we would have at least made it to the finals in 2019. We no longer have the top order like we did in 2019, yes Hitman & Kohli are still there but their ability is certainly diminished. Even if we did have them perform at their peak like in 2019, they are bound to fail some time in the tournament.

Considering we have been faltering in KOs, they are more than likely to repeat the feat again if we reach the KOs. Individually the MO of Iyer, Ishan/KL, Hardik looks better on paper than DK, Jadhav/Pant, & Dhoni, but I fear they haven't played together enough with this combination recently & kind looks unsettled without much game time.

You are correct , they need middle order.India is unable to fill the void left by Yuvraj since last 10 years, who do we blame for it.

Our batsmen cannot bowl , so they have to play with 6 bowling options.How do you create balance in such situations.

That is why I thought a guy like Tilak verma would have been better selection than KL Rahul or Axar Patel.

20 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

It doesn't matter what you think. Playing multiple formats with very little gap in between is why the same fatigued players can't seem to pull themselves up in tournaments and key matches. 

India selects multi-format players in everything. What that means is you can get selected for WTC if you have a good IPL like Rahane did.  Indian players don't "grind" it out in Test cricket because they think it's a great format.  Playing multiple formats simply gives them a chance to get selected at all.

That's why you see someone like Chahal go and play red ball cricket when there is no future for him in Tests.

L

It does not matter what you think either. If players are wanting to play three formats like Rohit, Gill or Bumrah, why do you want them to stop.

No they are not fatigued at all. Players playing all formats are getting enough breaks.A guy like Kohli  playing all formats even skipped Asia cup in 2018.

Fatigue is not the  reason why they have not won ICC tournaments. 

How is Chahal playing red ball cricket bad for anybody?

18 hours ago, putrevus said:

It does not matter what you think either. If players are wanting to play three formats like Rohit, Gill or Bumrah, why do you want them to stop.

No they are not fatigued at all. Players playing all formats are getting enough breaks.A guy like Kohli  playing all formats even skipped Asia cup in 2018.

Fatigue is not the  reason why they have not won ICC tournaments. 

How is Chahal playing red ball cricket bad for anybody?

Yeah. Fast bowlers playing all 3 formats is not a risk at all.  Despite the fact that it is pretty much a fact that fast bowlers who play all 3 formats with very little turnaround time is absolutely detrimental to performance and match fitness. 

Shami and Siraj played a long IPL and then went and played WTC and looked very ragged.  

This is not what I think, lol.  This is a pretty well established fact. You are clearly clueless . 

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah. Fast bowlers playing all 3 formats is not a risk at all.  Despite the fact that it is pretty much a fact that fast bowlers who play all 3 formats with very little turnaround time is absolutely detrimental to performance and match fitness. 

Shami and Siraj played a long IPL and then went and played WTC and looked very ragged.  

This is not what I think, lol.  This is a pretty well established fact. You are clearly clueless . 

First you started on a tangent on how  players playing all formats is bad then you started talking Indian players not being allowed to play other t20 leagues is bad. 

Now you are talking about IPL. What is your point??

IPL is not playing different formats for India. You cannot deny Indian players from playing IPL.Jameson played IPL with Kohli and went on to win MoM in ICC test finals in 2021.

I said it many times before playing IPL before a major tournament will hurt and has hurt India in those big tournaments.

BCCI will not allow these players to rest either from IPL. IMO what they should have done is use their power to see there is a gap between IPL and major tournaments.

But BCCI has failed to do that, can they do it is the question. 

On 9/7/2023 at 12:05 AM, Bigg Brother said:

Aisa kuchh nahi hai. We lose because we are not good enough. And even for all his camaraderie, only Kohli has performed against Pakistan, after him may God save us against them.

As always Kohli stands tall against Pakistan. Even I didn't like his mooshie-mooshie behaviour with Pakistanis but I'm nobody to comment on that as he is our biggest match winner against Pakistan. The guy has saved our asses against Pakistan in toughest of the situations, even in that 0-152 match, he was the only one performed from our batting side. 2017 CT final was the only one where he faltered.

Yeah this is why I never had a problem with Kohli mingling with the pak players too much. Because on the field, he has owned them more often than not. It's one of his best redeeming qualities...

We can pick on him for a million things but owning Pakistan and creating a fast bowling mentality in our test cricket will always remain his biggest legacy.

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah this is why I never had a problem with Kohli mingling with the pak players too much. Because on the field, he has owned them more often than not. It's one of his best redeeming qualities...

We can pick on him for a million things but owning Pakistan and creating a fast bowling mentality in our test cricket will always remain his biggest legacy.

Owning Pakistan is actually Dhoni's legacy.  But yeah the single biggest thing he has done for Indian cricket is to back genuine fast bowlers in test cricket.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Frustrated said:

LMAO!!   This clone account handler is back... We hv a regular poster in @SRT100..   Now this @SRT_1OO:facepalm: The later has been created by someone else exclusively for the sake of trolling.   

Thanks for this.

I can only report it to the mods on here.

If they are so incompetent to not ban an account, Im not sure what else I can do or say. Our mods are useless. I have reported this poster at least 10 times, the mods do nothing.