Kohli led Indian team's camaraderie with Pakistanis affecting the team's focus and performance?

Pakistani and Indian players shared a lot of camaraderie during 80s and 90s, and India lost most of the matches.

After 2000 the new bunch of players like Sehwag Ganguly Gambhir etc were not involved in any public display of camaraderie and were openly giving statements against Pakistan. This was the time India kept beating Pakistan most of the time.

Now Virat Kohli has started this new public display of friendship and camaraderie with Pakistanis. Others seem to follow his lead.

When you are hugging laughing joking with your rivals how are you going to focus on beating them? The intensity will naturally disappear.

Now we seem to be chasing the Pakistanis.

Pakistanis seem to enjoy when Indians are trapped in this camaraderie and lose focus, while Pakistanis dont lose focus and perform better.

I am not even going to go into what message Kohli and co. are sending by having this bonhomie with Pakistanis while the country is at war with them.

Look at how Ukrainian and Russian athletes behave with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was searching for Kishan Rauf clip on twitter and came across this pic.  spacer.png 

Didn't understand why this pic was being shared afterall it looked like all Pakistani players having a good time together, then I looked closely and noticed Virat in the middle lol . Finally got why a few fans were fuming.

I think he genuinely gets along well with the Pakistani players and they too like his company. They maybe onfield rivals but outside it seems Kohli poora unme  ghool mil jata hai. 

Edited by rageaddict
53 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Pakistani and Indian players shared a lot of camaraderie during 80s and 90s, and India lost most of the matches.

After 2000 the new bunch of players like Sehwag Ganguly Gambhir etc were not involved in any public display of camaraderie and were openly giving statements against Pakistan. This was the time India kept beating Pakistan most of the time.

Now Virat Kohli has started this new public display of friendship and camaraderie with Pakistanis. Others seem to follow his lead.

When you are hugging laughing joking with your rivals how are you going to focus on beating them? The intensity will naturally disappear.

Pakistanis seem to enjoy when Indians are trapped in this camaraderie and lose focus, while Pakistanis dont lose focus and perform better.

I am not even going to go into what message Kohli and co. are sending by having this bonhomie with Pakistanis while the country is at war with them.

Look at how Ukrainian and Russian athletes behave with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh first time I heard that pak or India have declared war on each other lmaooo

bhai itni nafrat sayhat Kay liyay theek nahi hoti

Edited by badmash
1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Not all Indians, mostly it's the Punjabi belt which has much more linguistic and cultural similarities with Pakistan.

Kohli, Yuvi, Bhajji, Nehra etc all are Punjabis and hence they have a cultural connect, even Sehwag being a Haryanvi has some connect with them.

In comparison, likes of Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman, Zak, Agarkar, Rohit etc dont have the same connect because they're are quite different culturally to how Pakistani's talk/behave.

Under Ganguly we didn't see such pappi jhappi because players were fearful of him and since he kept distance from Pakistan, others followed him mostly. Same happened under Dravid, Kumble & MSD.

Maybe we can play a XI entirely from the players who belong to South Zone, West Zone (minus Gujrat) and East Zone...no one will be doing such biradar love.

Ex.

Jaiswal

Ruturaj (c)

Sudharshan

Samson/Kishan (wk)

SKY/Tilak

Parag/Abhinav

Sundar

Hangargekar

Sai Kishore

Siraj

Prasidh

Edited by singhvivek141
46 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Not all Indians, mostly it's the Punjabi belt which has much more linguistic and cultural similarities with Pakistan.

Kohli, Yuvi, Bhajji, Nehra etc all are Punjabis and hence they have a cultural connect, even Sehwag being a Haryanvi has some connect with them.

In comparison, likes of Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman, Zak, Agarkar, Rohit etc dont have the same connect because they're are quite different culturally to how Pakistani's talk/behave.

Under Ganguly we didn't see such pappi jhappi because players were fearful of him and since he kept distance from Pakistan, others followed him mostly. Same happened under Dravid, Kumble & MSD.

Maybe we can play a XI entirely from the players who belong to South Zone, West Zone (minus Gujrat) and East Zone...no one will be doing such biradar love.

Ex.

Jaiswal

Ruturaj (c)

Sudharshan

Samson/Kishan (wk)

SKY/Tilak

Parag/Abhinav

Sundar

Hangargekar

Sai Kishore

Siraj

Prasidh

Most of Pakistani players are KPK..  Rizwan Chachu Shaheen Maybe Rauf?  Naseem.  Idk Kohli is interacting much with them...  Gill is proper Punjabi Jatt who also isn't doing any Puppi Jhappi. 

Babar & Shadab are sure shot Punjabis... And Kohli is being seen hanging with Shadab most often. 

Earlier Pakistani sides were heavily Punjabi based & Indian players were more mixed with them. 

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Ex.

Jaiswal

Ruturaj (c)

Sudharshan

Samson/Kishan (wk)

SKY/Tilak

Parag/Abhinav

Sundar

Hangargekar

Sai Kishore

Siraj

Prasidh

I agree with you on this , Punjabi's on both sides have may cultural things in common and enjoy each other's company , hence seems like they are being buddy buddy too much. But, all of them has been fierce competitors on the field , so nothing wrong with that. You would never blame likes of Sehwag, Harbajhan, Yuvraj, Kapil from India and Akram, Waqar, Akhtar, from Pakistan ever did less than 100% for their team while facing each other on the field . 

At my work , I have close friends from India, one from Ludhiana and other from Chandi Ghar and we talk to each other in Punjabi which we enjoy. Those Indians have don't have so much common from Indian colleagues from down south. 

These threads are dumb.

Kohli is just playing nice for the cameras, this is an art Pakistani used to specialize in but i am glad Kohli is now doing the same. After a win what do you enjoy ? a sulking opponent, kohli of late has made sure no one gets that pleasure.  Anyone who thinks he has any love for any pakistani player are plain clueless. Kohli will align with a Kumble or Gambhir or Saurav without skipping a heartbeat before any non-Indian player. 

5 hours ago, First class said:

I agree with you on this , Punjabi's on both sides have may cultural things in common and enjoy each other's company , hence seems like they are being buddy buddy too much. But, all of them has been fierce competitors on the field , so nothing wrong with that. You would never blame likes of Sehwag, Harbajhan, Yuvraj, Kapil from India and Akram, Waqar, Akhtar, from Pakistan ever did less than 100% for their team while facing each other on the field . 

At my work , I have close friends from India, one from Ludhiana and other from Chandi Ghar and we talk to each other in Punjabi which we enjoy. Those Indians have don't have so much common from Indian colleagues from down south. 

There's nothing common,lol

This is a delusion spread mostly among Indians by our woke g@@dus

9 hours ago, First class said:

It happens, India is a diverse country and hence it's natural that linguistic, cultural and food related things often take precedence while making friends. Language is often the first barrier which one has to cross before making connections.

In past, at work I had a Pakistani colleague who after seeing my surname imagined I am from Punjab & started talking in Punjabi. When I told him I don't even know P of Punjabi except few Bollywoodia words, he got disappointed as most of his other colleagues were Indians specially from Kerala & Karnataka and he had no other means to communicate with them other than English. Even some of them had common religion still he couldn't resonate with them as the language, food habits were vastly different.