Iyer
Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur
Bumrah
Kuldeep 
Siraj

This is the only way to maintain a balanced team, Thakur is probably gonna surprise us all, he is a terrifically clutch player and I expect him to create a lot of impact.

Fast bowling is strong with Bumrah,Siraj,Panyda, Thakur.
Kuldeep and Jadeja is also a good spinning attack with Jadeja trying to restrict batsman and Kuldeep attacking them.

I am a bit worried about the absence of a left handed batsman in top 5 but cant really compromise it for quality as I dont rate Kishan anywhere near Iyer on Indian pitches.

Moreover we should let Jadeja come in at 4 if there's a collapse.

22 hours ago, Mariyam said:

KL is a shoe in. He's in good form and an okayish keeper.

I'd remove Ro Sha and have Kishan/Sky play in his place.

Jadeja too I'm not sure about but in India he may just do the trick.

What ? Remove the guy who is averaging 52 and striking at 111 since the last 15 months? And who also happens to be captain? Might as well forfeit the World Cup now.

This lineup needs the extra batter at 6 in SKY.  

The only other person who is somewhat suspect is actually Kohli.

From 44 off 40, he couldn't score and got tied down and scored only 12 off next 21 and lost his wicket.

He can't hit full tosses anymore from spinners and we saw the same against Pakistan until KL started to take the game on. 

Even today, once Rohit got out, he couldn't do much. 

Today was a golden opportunity for him to show what he can do with the field in and without having to face spin but he preferred to hide behind Washington and from the new ball .

He's absolutely not a #3 anymore. He has to either open or Kishan comes in to open and Gill plays at 3.

That's the only change that might be necessary 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Sharma

Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur
Bumrah
Kuldeep 
Siraj

This is the only way to maintain a balanced team, Thakur is probably gonna surprise us all, he is a terrifically clutch player and I expect him to create a lot of impact.

Kuldeep and Jadeja is also a good spinning attack with Jadeja trying to restrict batsman and Kuldeep attacking them.

I am a bit worried about the absence of a left handed batsman in top 5 but cant really compromise it for quality as I dont rate Kishan anywhere near Iyer on Indian pitches.

that's good. my only substitute would be ashwin or shami or prasidh based on conditions instead of Lord-ji.

3 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

the article is quite different from the title,he says we shouldnt ditch the idea of playing 3 frontline fast bowlers,i agree with him too if the conditions favor playing Bumrah,Shami and Siraj.

Yep. If we play 3 frontline pacers, then kuldeep has no place in the playing11.  Going with 4 tailenders is a recipe for disaster no matter what kind of pitch it is.   (A part of the article is little confusing)

On 9/28/2023 at 6:28 AM, Adamant said:

Sharma

Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur
Bumrah
Kuldeep 
Siraj

Thakur is clutch in tests, not LOIs because I of his knack of picking wickets.

Remember, he was part of Indian team that conceded 151/0 to Pak. Against good sides, his bowling will be taken to cleaners every single time.

33 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Remember, he was part of Indian team that conceded 151/0 to Pak. Against good sides, his bowling will be taken to cleaners every single time.

Thakur should play only against asian teams.  Sena teams will murder his bowling in middle and death overs.  We should preferably play a spinner (ashwin) in his place against sena teams. As sena batsmen are not that good against spin.   

8 hours ago, Majestic said:

He averages 30 in odis while Pandya averages 40 with the ball, he breaks partnership’s even in odis and has a very good str rate

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

He averages 30 in odis while Pandya averages 40 with the ball, he breaks partnership’s even in odis and has a very good str rate

And at economy of 6+ also. Thakur's sample is low and it's only a matter of time before that average goes into 30s.

Pandya averages 36 at an economy around 5.5 which is good for 4th seamer. In India, we really should have tried better options than Thakur from 3 months before. Having said that, Ashwin is no upgrade either. He is also a 10 over 50 runs 1 wicket bowler.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

And at economy of 6+ also. Thakur's sample is low and it's only a matter of time before that average goes into 30s.

Pandya averages 36 at an economy around 5.5 which is good for 4th seamer. In India, we really should have tried better options than Thakur from 3 months before. Having said that, Ashwin is no upgrade either. He is also a 10 over 50 runs 1 wicket bowler.

Ashwin is a safer option both in batting and bowling. Thakur can go either way. Tempted to use Thakur in semis unless its a turner

10 hours ago, Majestic said:

no he wasn't

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/india-vs-pakistan-16th-match-group-2-1273727/full-scorecard

22 hours ago, Lord said:

Ashwin is a safer option both in batting and bowling. Thakur can go either way. Tempted to use Thakur in semis unless its a turner

Ashwin has absolutely zero performances in odis and shouldn’t even be in the squad.

Thakur is definitely the better batsman especially in lois, as for bowling Ashwin is done and dusted in odis and has hardly played much so it’s a nonsensical move from bcci

On 9/28/2023 at 3:51 AM, raki05 said:

I would have played Kishan in place of kela as keeper batter in every match. i dont trust kela even to chase against netherland also his keeping is pathetic so far.

I can maybe understand taking the risk in T20, but not in ODI.

Too long a format to take a chance. Imagine some wanted KL to keep in the Test Championship.