Pakistan had a 7-0 winning record against Lanka in World cups before this game ( just like our 7-0 against Pak.....)

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Nothing to lose?

Pakistan will have everything to lose, a defeat vs India in Narendra Modis backyard , what can be more humiliating, also they will be under immense pressure if they lose vs sl

I mean they will enter the game with a mentality that they have nothing more to lose after the humiliation against Lanka and now an uphill - if not impossible task of making it to the semis.

24 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

I mean they will enter the game with a mentality that they have nothing more to lose after the humiliation against Lanka and now an uphill - if not impossible task of making it to the semis.

If they lose today, that will definitely make them more dangerous not less on Saturday.   Their WC is almost over if they lose today, and they badly need to "beat India" as a consolation to salvage themselves from utter humiliation and chappal pelting.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If they lose today, that will definitely make them more dangerous not less on Saturday.   Their WC is almost over if they lose today, and they badly need to "beat India" as a consolation to salvage themselves from utter humiliation and chappal pelting.  

Thats what I meant...they can become more dangerous  if they play like they have nothing to lose...because like you said their WC is almost over if they lose today.

Edited by rangeelaraja
Just now, rangeelaraja said:

Ind-Pak rivalry is not the same as SL-Pak. Not in the same universe.

They don't even have any bad blood for each other ..like we have tended to have lets say with Aussies 

Fair enough. The velocity of it is different when it's indo pak, but still they hold an impressive record. I have got a feeling either one of that streak is getting broken this time.

On 10/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, Gollum said:

Knowing this record, Pak fans must be even more mad at the 1996 QF result. A SF against SL and final in Lahore, golden opportunity missed. At least we were better in 2011, not the case in 1996. 

I doubt they would have won against the ranatunga team. Their streak is over inflated due to minnow bashing. 6 out of the 8 wins came from 1975 to 1992. They never faced lanka in world cups from 96 to 07

2011 is the only time they won over a great Lankan team 

dZmJFRR.jpg