Which team looks like the biggest threat to India in this World Cup ?

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they have too many failings. smith & labu in MO, as well as poor pace attack with below par cummer. and no spin as well.

They are catching 1/2 chances even now, that is bound to go up & then some of their stupendous catches can kill the game as well. Travis head will come back & Zampa is looking to get back in form, if we play them again they'll be more confident & on a roll. No team has defeated Oz twice in a WC, post WI in 1975, so :cantstop:

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Biggest threat will be NZ and SA (latter can choke though)

Kiwis are massive chokers at the biggest stage, flopped totally in 2015 WC & arguably 92 semis as well. SA look like massive dark horses, kinda like Pak really.

Edited by R!TTER
23 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Which World Cup have you been watching ? 

we were 3 wickets down for 2 runs against Australia in Chennai 

Pak was running away with the game at 155/2 on a flat wicket in Ahmedabad. 

we came out of both of these tough situations.

you don’t have to be in sh*t every game to be  “ tested” 

That match that we won against Aus set the tone. 2/3 and hostile conditions for atleast another hour. All thanks to the resilience of Kohli and KL which gives me hope but our bowlers have bowled well so far. Can we chase 320 ? 

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

They are catching 1/2 chances even now, that is bound to go up & then some of their stupendous catches can kill the game as well. Travis head will come back & Zampa is looking to get back in form, if we play them again they'll be more confident & on a roll. No team has defeated Oz twice in a WC, post WI in 1975, so :cantstop:

Kiwis are massive chokers at the biggest stage, flopped totally in 2015 WC & arguably 92 semis as well. SA look like massive dark horses, kinda like Pak really.

are you saying that SA are not chokers? they are the poster boys for it. Pak is not a dark horse for this WC, their chances are basically dark (i.e., zero).

Return of Head will be good. but my other points hold true: weak middle order, almost zero spin (zampa is up and down), and their MO pace bowling is poor. None of these points have changed in their campaign

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

For India, the biggest threat is New Zealand and in knockouts, Australia can also be a big threat.

South Africa is a threat if they bat first. 

Too many people are fearing Oz of old. even 2011 Aus team was much better than this, and we won vs them in the end.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

are you saying that SA are not chokers?

SA are chokers but even now expectations for them are really low, that helps. They are dark horses not Pak.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Return of Head will be good. but my other points hold true: weak middle order, almost zero spin (zampa is up and down), and their MO pace bowling is poor. None of these points have changed in their campaign

Head can be a massive game changer, also bowls semi decently. If it's a slow pitch Zampa/Maxi/Head can choke us, on flat pitches Oz batting will get a big boost. If we field as well as we are doing right now we should still win but again chasing big targets?

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Too many people are fearing Oz of old. even 2011 Aus team was much better than this, and we won vs them in the end.

The fear is mostly because guys like Steve Smith or Warner can come and play clutch knocks in knockouts vs any top opposition. Otherwise this team is not champions material for sure. Just that they have 1-2 players who can win big games for their country. 

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

The fear is mostly because guys like Steve Smith or Warner can come and play clutch knocks in knockouts vs any top opposition. Otherwise this team is not champions material for sure. Just that they have 1-2 players who can win big games for their country. 

I do fear warner to an extent, but smith's decline has been painful to watch. And Labu is just a selfish turd

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

SA are chokers but even now expectations for them are really low, that helps. They are dark horses not Pak.

Head can be a massive game changer, also bowls semi decently. If it's a slow pitch Zampa/Maxi/Head can choke us, on flat pitches Oz batting will get a big boost. If we field as well as we are doing right now we should still win but again chasing big targets?

Yes, Head, Marsh, and Warner are all excellent, no doubt. it's the other 8 players that I question.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I do fear warner to an extent, but smith's decline has been painful to watch. And Labu is just a selfish turd

I do fear Smith because this guy can fail in league games throughout and then win you a knockout outta nowhere. He hardly fails in any ODI or Test knockouts.

49 minutes ago, Majestic said:

When they perform, everyone performs and when they fail, everyone fails.

Don't know which one happens vs us in say semis. If everyone fails then well and good.

But if they click ..... then watch out.

They probably do not win the tournament but they can win any given match - hopefully not the matches against us.

Winning this tourney will mean beating at least one opponent who  played their best. Can we do that remains to be seen.

Edited by AKane
9 minutes ago, Number said:

I believe in our conditions we are favorites against any team. It is the dodgy conditions that make me worried. 

In some grounds, batting 2nd looks difficult e.g. Lucknow, Dharamsala. In some ground batting 2nd becomes easier - Ahmedabad etc.

That's just confirmation bias. After we play, Dharmashala might look easy chase