Indian illegal immigration a shame for the great nation.

Vilander

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

same dog fight

What do you mean by this, who are you accusing of indulging in a dog fight. Presumably by association and logic only dogs can fight in a dog fight so whom are you calling dogs ?. And it does not appear you mean it in a fluffy goofy pet perspective but more the Indian rabid street dog variety. But why ? 

Rhetorical question please dont answer and derail the thread, you already attacked the poster dont indulge in derailing the thread stick to the topic. 

Pretty low for a mod in terms of discourse. Ad hominem now name calling ? Che che che..

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Both Punjab and Gujarat are not known for producing a lot of educated people, I know that as a Punjabi and a Gujarati I worked with told me it's the same in Gujarat. What I'm saying is that these relatively uneducated people are more ambitious than similarly educated people in other states. Sadly a lot of these guys just give up on education altogether in their teens as they have their heart set on going abroad. But ambition is all relative I guess, people from Bihar and UP like to move to Punjab to better themselves. 

It also depends on where the opportunities are. The IT industry as a whole is mainly in Maharashtra and South India with very small pockets elsewhere. I have worked with countless Punjabis and Gujaratis in the It industry but they were all born here. 

This is a good post attempting to get to the root cause. So its ambition to acheive somehow. But what are they acheiving ?. 

Edited by Vilander

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What do you mean by this, who are you accusing of indulging in a dog fight. Presumably by association and logic only dogs can fight in a dog fight so whom are you calling dogs ?. And it does not appear you mean it in a fluffy goofy pet perspective but more the Indian rabid street dog variety. But why ? 

Rhetorical question please dont answer and derail the thread, you already attacked the poster dont indulge in derailing the thread stick to the topic. 

Pretty low for a mod in terms of discourse. Ad hominem now name calling ? Che che che..

Bro, you know what I meant. Actually we both know what is the catalyst of all these threads. We both are in this site for long to know how it all works. It all started from that match thread between Pak and SA where your reported few low quality posts (and rightly so). However, rather than waiting for mods to deal with them, you started engaging with the posters. It became a full fledged fight from and you got a warning for it as well. Now you are opening threads in Chit Chat section to take your frustration out .

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

This is a good post attempting to get to the root cause. So its ambition to acheive somehow. But what are they acheiving ?. 

Part of it is just copying what everyone else around them is doing. Going abroad is seen as being successful. It's peer pressure in a way. My father who was a teacher in India but had to work as a postman in the UK said he often regretted coming over but said the UK provided better opportunities for us children. Not to mention things generally just get done here, you do the work you will get paid, you don't need to bribe people on a daily basis. So many people are doing it escape the corrupt inefficient system in their homelands. 

Here in the UK it's pointless for an unskilled worker from India coming over, definitely in the London area, house prices are simply unaffordable. I actually have an illegal cousin here but never see him, what kind of crappy life is he going to lead? Living with a bunch of other men, no prospects to get married or get citizenship. As you can see many people don't think much before making such moves. 

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Looks like an attempt being made to make villain out of Gujrati's that can't be appreciated. Illegal Immigration is an issue all right and must be debated but not sure if it was entirely the intention of OP. Is it the same dog fight that is being carried on since that Pak game in Chennai?

I think it is being framed as an Indian issue.  Punjabis are mentioned more than Gujratis.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

This fellow here , he posted this and derailed the thread. My posts quote articles about the topic neutrally. ;) debate the topic please dont abuse each other or the op or bring in emotions - posters and some mods i should add. 

Can’t fault me, you have been opening threads about chaddi this and chaddi that. Open this topic citing only Gujarati cases for illegal immigration from India while you know the Punjabis , Haryanvi along with Gujaratis are caught up in this racket. Your cherry picked stats  prove your biased opinion and doubts your honesty about discussing the topic objectively. You also seem to claim Gujaratis immigrate “by hook or crook”. Will not hijack this topic anymore. Lage raho. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bro, you know what I meant. Actually we both know what is the catalyst of all these threads. We both are in this site for long to know how it all works. It all started from that match thread between Pak and SA where your reported few low quality posts (and rightly so). However, rather than waiting for mods to deal with them, you started engaging with the posters. It became a full fledged fight from and you got a warning for it as well. Now you are opening threads in Chit Chat section to take your frustration out .

Thats your opinion pal. Again you are acusatory in your posts, it looks like you have vested interest in not discussing the topic at hand but discrediting me for starting the post. This is really the level of discourse here , time for reflection i wiuld say. 

30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Can’t fault me, you have been opening threads about chaddi this and chaddi that. Open this topic citing only Gujarati cases for illegal immigration from India while you know the Punjabis , Haryanvi along with Gujaratis are caught up in this racket. Your cherry picked stats  prove your biased opinion and doubts your honesty about discussing the topic objectively. You also seem to claim Gujaratis immigrate “by hook or crook”. Will not hijack this topic anymore. Lage raho. 

Aaawww are your feeling hurt pimple ? Not my intention :). Stick to the topic ok.

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Biggest blister which has been popped

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

It's quite the chuckle to watch people high-tailing it out of Modi's Gujarat 'model', even putting their lives at risk.

This underscores the harsh reality of living conditions in India.

Hey you're back! When are you answering those unanswered questions?

@Vilander aren’t you in Canada ? Didn’t you leave the country ? People who left country shouldn’t complain. You left to make more money in a foreign country. How is it any different ? The only difference is you got education and skills because the govt of India invested in you but you took that to Canada ? People who leave can leave india has largest population and they can take care of themselves. India is soon going to be 3rd largest economy in the world. India has opportunities but people need to skill up. Low level labor has been leaving gulf countries illegally using agents once people are educated and have skills they will have jobs. We have literacy rate of  75 percent. This will change but people will still leave and they are free to. 

Edited by gattaca

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

@Vilander aren’t you Canada ? Didn’t you leave the country ? People who left country shouldn’t complain. You left to make more money in a foreign country. How is it any different ? The only difference is you got education and skills because the govt of India invested in you but you took that to Canada ? People who leave can leave india has largest population and they can take care of themselves. India is soon going to be 3rd largest economy in the world. India has opportunities but people need to skill up. Low level labor has been leaving gulf countries illegally using agents once people are educated and have skills they will have jobs. We have literacy rate of  75 percent. This will change but people will still leave and they are free to. 

Reverse migration is a thing and going to be a bigger trend. In my family alone, 3 cousins have come back to India from Canada and Australia.

This topic was discussed in Jan 2022, when the story about an Indian family freezing to death on their way to Canada came out.

Why are we so quick to judge, with no knowledge of individual circumstances, the people who find themselves in these situations?  Often people are just desperate, under a lot of family pressure, mired in debt due to health/wedding/failed business ... things are not working out for reasons beyond their control and someone comes to them and promises them a better life. They just cannot see what we see from here that there are opportunities in their own place.

And then they move and are stuck for no fault of theirs. It is neither a blight on the people who are desperate to move nor on the nation. We should be compassionate, not critical under these circumstances.

I just hope this is all not related to some human trafficking racket. That would be the saddest and most horrific outcome.

19 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

This topic was discussed in Jan 2022, when the story about an Indian family freezing to death on their way to Canada came out.

Why are we so quick to judge, with no knowledge of individual circumstances, the people who find themselves in these situations?  Often people are just desperate, under a lot of family pressure, mired in debt due to health/wedding/failed business ... things are not working out for reasons beyond their control and someone comes to them and promises them a better life. They just cannot see what we see from here that there are opportunities in their own place.

And then they move and are stuck for no fault of theirs. It is neither a blight on the people who are desperate to move nor on the nation. We should be compassionate, not critical under these circumstances.

I just hope this is all not related to some human trafficking racket. That would be the saddest and most horrific outcome.

This is a political thread to **** on Gujaratis. This is the problem Indians who stay abroad they don’t understand not everyone in Gujarat is rich. Gujaratis risk more than people in other parts of India by investing in businesses and they can go belly up.They don’t know what they are going through. India has a big problem with loan sharks and the harassments the people face. 

Edited by gattaca

43 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Thi

Nobody ventures out to cross border in bitter cold or climb a wall without the criminal traffickers involved. They will leave them across the border to fend for themselves.  These people who make it, will serve life long to pay off the mobsters. 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

This is a political thread to **** on Gujaratis. This is the problem Indians who stay abroad they don’t understand not everyone in Gujarat is rich. Gujaratis risk more than people in other parts of India by investing in businesses and they can go belly up.They don’t know what they are going through. India has a big problem with loan sharks and the harassments the people face. 

Often it is just victim-blaming. In general, people fail to understand what others are going through unless they themselves or someone close to them has experienced it. In some cases, they extend the courtesy of compassion to people from their affinity-group but not beyond.

Heck guys, everyone is fighting some battle. Who the eff are we keyboard warriors to judge that?