Ind v England post match

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

at least vs Ned, I do expect it. maybe 1 more vs SL or something.

If he plays 1-2 total number of matches then it has been a poor selection given the manner he was selected

Thakur,Ashwin,Axar(his bowling has dipped massively and batting isn't worth mentioning either)should have never made the squad

Prasidh,Jaiswal,Tilak/Samson/ for them

Edited by Suhaan
8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Right up there with the most beautiful things to watch in cricket - on par with Rohit Sharma's nonchalant pull shot, Tendulkar's backfoot cover drive, Jadeja's direct throws to the wicket, VVSL's signature cover drive - is that spherical object leaving Mohammed Shami's hand.

The mesmerisingly straight seam seemingly smiling gleefully at the batsman as it starts its journey, whispering to the batsman "you poor little silly man, you have no idea what I am about to do as soon as I kiss that soil."

And next thing you know .... The END.

this was very harsha bhogle

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

If he plays 1-2 total number of matches then it has been a poor selection given the manner he was selected

Thakur,Ashwin,Axar(his bowling has dipped massively and batting isn't worth mentioning either)should have never made the squad

Prasidh,Jaiswal,Tilak/Samson/ for them

I think ashwin’s selection is also to back up Kuldeep. In case he gets injured or is woefully out of form, they needed a frontline spinner to replace him.

Just like shami was to replace either Bumrah or siraj if there was an issue. 

Watched whole match yesterday. It took some time ie over 11 overs after I saw Gill Kohli and Iyer to understand that pitch is a 250 pitch. I am not going to find fault but there are two areas which I think we can improve.

1. Dravid , Rohit and co should be made aware about the pitch in advance. IF Kohli or Iyer knew we were trying to score 250, They wouldnt have lost patience and threw their wickets.  And, If both of them have batted we would have reached 250-260.

2. SKY is brillian player, but he needs to trust his parners  Shami, Bhumrah and specially Jaddu and run singles where ever possible. He could hace easily scored a fifty there had he not tried to be cooler then King Viv. 

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Watched whole match yesterday. It took some time ie over 11 overs after I saw Gill Kohli and Iyer to understand that pitch is a 250 pitch. I am not going to find fault but there are two areas which I think we can improve.

1. Dravid , Rohit and co should be made aware about the pitch in advance. IF Kohli or Iyer knew we were trying to score 250, They wouldnt have lost patience and threw their wickets.  And, If both of them have batted we would have reached 250-260.

Don't think that's the case. Kohli knew best time for scoring was with new ball as it was gonna get slower later on. So approach was right but execution not. Iyer is just terrible v bumpers. Wouldn't have mattered much either way.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

2. SKY is brillian player, but he needs to trust his parners  Shami, Bhumrah and specially Jaddu and run singles where ever possible. He could hace easily scored a fifty there had he not tried to be cooler then King Viv. 

He was trusting Jaddu and Shami. Trusted Bumrah initially but it just wasted deliveries. Bigger issue was he was not able to hit on his own deliveries. But since this was tough track I'm okay with his innings.

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

Don't think that's the case. Kohli knew best time for scoring was with new ball as it was gonna get slower later on. So approach was right but execution not. Iyer is just terrible v bumpers. Wouldn't have mattered much either way.

I got a feeling that they were thinking beyond 300. Kohli seemed to loose patience, gave away his wicket trying to hit over the fielder just after couple of times it was fielded when he hit on the ground in covers area.

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

He was trusting Jaddu and Shami. Trusted Bumrah initially but it just wasted deliveries. Bigger issue was he was not able to hit on his own deliveries. But since this was tough track I'm okay with his innings.

SKY converted a 2 run into 1 run while batting with Jadeja and refused singles when batting with Bhumrah.

If you watched the game live you cant miss both Kohli tentativeness and SKY's attitude

Edited by mishra
54 minutes ago, mishra said:

I got a feeling that they were thinking beyond 300. Kohli seemed to loose patience, gave away his wicket trying to hit over the fielder just after couple of times it was fielded when he hit on the ground in covers area.

SKY converted a 2 run into 1 run while batting with Jadeja and refused singles when batting with Bhumrah.

If you watched the game live you cant miss both Kohli tentativeness and SKY's attitude

He took a single off the last ball when Shami was batting. He trusted him to survive a few overs. Shami was dismissed in the next over. That must have. Made him not trust Bumrah and started to refuse singles and farm the strike. That single to Shami of the last ball could have avoided. But Shami is not ideal 8, he can get dismissed any time. Bumrah should bat above Shami in the next match if it comes to that. 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

He took a single off the last ball when Shami was batting. He trusted him to survive a few overs. Shami was dismissed in the next over. That must have. Made him not trust Bumrah and started to refuse singles and farm the strike. That single to Shami of the last ball could have avoided. But Shami is not ideal 8, he can get dismissed any time. Bumrah should bat above Shami in the next match if it comes to that. 

Shami better v spin. Bumrah better v pace.