Is this a one off tournament for afghans??

gakgupta

Win against England ...then Pak and now srilanka... 

This is quite an achievement for a associate team like Afghanistan....

I am sure this brought smiles to lakhs of fans in Afghanistan ..

But most important question ... is this a flash in the pan ?? Or it will be become second important subcontinent team ??

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Win against England ...then Pak and now srilanka... 

This is quite an achievement for a associate team like Afghanistan....

I am sure this brought smiles to lakhs of fans in Afghanistan ..

But most important question ... is this a flash in the pan ?? Or it will be become second important subcontinent team ??

They caught England in their worst form here. Not sure how often they can replicate this in future

As for Pakistan, they came close to an upset multiple times in last 4 years. This win should give them the needed mental edge for future. Afg vs Pak will be a classic fixture in the coming decade

49 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am all for helping Afghanistan overtaking Pakistan in subcontinent. Invite them to take part in our domestic system. Should do everything to make them the second best team permanently.

Yes. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan should all be better than Pakistan.

We should do everything in our power to ensure that.

Pakistan was 4th in both Asia Cup and Asian Games. Time to move them to 5th. Maybe later on behind Nepal etc.

The way their middle order(Hashmat, Rahmat, Omarzai, Ikram) have performed against India, Pak, England and SL, I think it is their coming of the age tournament.

Before the tournament started I only rated their openers as international standards batsmen but others have surprised me.

Their bowling was always going to be good. Best spin attack in the world by some margin, pace attack is okay except death overs.

They must be kicking themselves for losing to BD. Had they won, they would be on the verge of qualifying.

3 hours ago, Laaloo said:

They should try to get noor Ahmed in the side as well. And don't forget they almost beat us last WC.

And they trashed you this world cup. I know you try to forget that conveniently but I will remind Pakistanis like you. DON'T FORGET OCT 23, 2023 when AFg trashed and humiliated your Pakistan by 8 wickets.

6 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Yes. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan should all be better than Pakistan.

We should do everything in our power to ensure that.

Pakistan was 4th in both Asia Cup and Asian Games. Time to move them to 5th. Maybe later on behind Nepal etc.

Some pakistan fans are happy with their performance in T20s which they are good, but test & odis are the real skill test format & odi World Cup is the ultimate prize in cricket, currently pakistan has the worst spinners among the Asian teams, some pakistan fans are in the 90s we smash them every now and than but still think their team is great but in reality pakistan is a mediocre side.

4 minutes ago, sugumarrising said:

Some pakistan fans are happy with their performance in T20s which they are good, but test & odis are the real skill test format & odi World Cup is the ultimate prize in cricket, currently pakistan has the worst spinners among the Asian teams, some pakistan fans are in the 90s we smash them every now and than but still think their team is great but in reality pakistan is a mediocre side.

t20s they lucked out in dew-bai in d/n matches.