Congrats Haris Rauf on beating Panayangara

vvvslaxman

Seems like he may miss out on eclipsing QDK in terms of run tally as he seems to have picked up an injury

News:

Rauf has also conceded 16 sixes in this World Cup, most by a bowler in a single edition of the tournament. This record was previously held by Zimbabwe's Tinashe Panyangara (15 in 2015).

Edited by vvvslaxman

His pace makes 6 hitting easier for batsmen especially on these small grounds and flat tracks.

With that being said if he wants to continue in longer formats he had better learn some skills to go along with the pace.

I feel overall Pakistan's bowling coaches have not been doing a good job. Along with lack of skills there is a lack of a plan for both individual bowlers and the bowling unit as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

His pace makes 6 hitting easier for batsmen especially on these small grounds and flat tracks.

With that being said if he wants to continue in longer formats he had better learn some skills to go along with the pace.

I feel overall Pakistan's bowling coaches have not been doing a good job. Along with lack of skills there is a lack of a plan for both individual bowlers and the bowling unit as a whole.

He had early season fast Australian pitches to bowl on. It kinda masked his inadequacies, lack of skills. On true wickets he got brutally exposed. He doesn't have skills to take pitch out of the equation.

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

I thought Pakistan had best bowling attack in the world.Your captain and your ex PCB chairman Rammez were going gaga on how great your bowling attack was and how it was going to destroy any team.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I thought Pakistan had best bowling attack in the world.Your captain and your ex PCB chairman Rammez were going gaga on how great your bowling attack was and how it was going to destroy any team.

They can still win the cup with this bowling attack:hysterical:

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Naseem was holding the attack together and papering over the cracks. He didn't leak runs and allowed others to attack.

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Naseem was holding the attack together and papering over the cracks. He didn't leak runs and allowed others to attack.

I very much doubt he would be spared as well on these pitches. He bowls predominantly back of the length him being short in stature. Indian pitches demand 3/4 length at the stumps

44 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I very much doubt he would be spared as well on these pitches. He bowls predominantly back of the length him being short in stature. Indian pitches demand 3/4 length at the stumps

His opening spell he bowls full to good lengths. But he does not target the stumps bowling 4th stump and moving the ball away. Good for getting edges and restricting runs but not bowled/lbw

1 hour ago, Iconoclast said:

Have you checked his stats ?

Averaging less than 17 economy of 4.5.

Early days yes but this dude gonna smash some records.

Rubbish.  Ajantha Mendis started even stronger and then just dissappeared from the scene.  

Same with Mohd Malcolm Sami. 

The more you hype the harder they fall.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Have you checked his stats ?

Averaging less than 17 economy of 4.5.

Early days yes but this dude gonna smash some records.

See his stats really???

Have you seen his Test stats and T20 stats.

If you keep playing Netherlands and NZ C team, most bowlers will also end up with great stats.That is why he has those stats.

He is nice young bowler who is injury prone.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

His opening spell he bowls full to good lengths. But he does not target the stumps bowling 4th stump and moving the ball away. Good for getting edges and restricting runs but not bowled/lbw

He is too short to be a successful fast bowler. He is going to be another Bhilawal bhatti. Incidentally he reminds me very much of him. Shaheen has scope. But his wrist position is all screwed up. Release itself is horrible. Infact he is the only one with potential assuming he stays injury free. Mark my words Naseem is going to have a very short career.

Edited by vvvslaxman
5 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Rubbish.  Ajantha Mendis started even stronger and then just dissappeared from the scene.  

Same with Mohd Malcolm Sami. 

The more you hype the harder they fall.

don't forget the hype around mohd amir himself

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Haris Rauf is just another Umran Malik/ Tino Best given a longer rope in a country with less resources. Pak domestic cricket has uncle trundlers so they see a young guy who bowls at 150 they get excited and get him to the team. It’s a joke that Rauf played test cricket :facepalm:

He is a tape ball product. Warning sign was when Bavuma thrashed him around in world t20.