Is Australia peaking at the right time?

SRT100

I think South Africa will have the advantage over Australia if they bat first. because Eden Gardens is not a featherbed and requires some application. Often times, Australia tend to go way too hard because they are used to playing on really good batting surfaces in Australia but on a two paced wicket, need more application. Smith and Labu will be key for Australia, not expecting much from others. SA are a really good side when setting totals, so if they bat first, SA has more chances of winning the game. If they chase, they will lose more likely because they are not very good at handling pressure of chasing and also knockout scenario.

1 hour ago, srgadjon said:

I think South Africa will have the advantage over Australia if they bat first. because Eden Gardens is not a featherbed and requires some application. Often times, Australia tend to go way too hard because they are used to playing on really good batting surfaces in Australia but on a two paced wicket, need more application. Smith and Labu will be key for Australia, not expecting much from others. SA are a really good side when setting totals, so if they bat first, SA has more chances of winning the game. If they chase, they will lose more likely because they are not very good at handling pressure of chasing and also knockout scenario.

I am pretty sure Australia will win no matter batting first or chasing. Them winning the toss is highly likely.

Where are all the gutless cowards that thought they knew better than me, I warned you, I tried to educate you but some of the posters on here have no understanding or concept of cricket?

I told you Australia was to be feared and are peaking.

Instead of being obedient and listening to my words of wisdom, some decided to troll now look foolish!

On 11/8/2023 at 11:26 AM, sandeep said:

what happened to culture of Aus sports for Warner, Head, Marsh, Inglis, Labu?  

Even Maxwell gave an absolute sitter of a catch.  If AFG didn't get intimidated with the thought of the big upset and take that catch, then the great AUS likely lose by 100+ runs and end up barely making Semifinal.

What happened to culture of India? They continued their tradition of choking in big occasions.

India choked, bullied, intimidated and ultimately failed yet again.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:27 AM, SRT100 said:

Australia looks to be a force again.

Great win overnight and they have players in form.

Beware of the Australian ambush. Not only do they have history of winning tournaments but also a rich history of never giving up.

The mindset of the Australian sportsman is to peak for finals. Its ingrained in the culture in AFL and Rugby, where they play home and away games for 6 months than finals to win the championship.

Its one of the few cricketing nations where this culture of doing whats enough to qualify then perform at another higher level is indoctrinated into every aspect of the Australian life.

Thoughts? @express bowling@Vijy@raki05@Lord@coffee_rules@cricspirit

I begged this forum to listen to me, I understand Australian Cricket and I understand the history, you didnt, now India fails yet again.

No ICC trophy for over a decade.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, nevada said:

That being said, the Aussies have a habit of just one man stepping up and winning games for them. It was Maxie yesterday, it was Wade in the T20 WC in '21, Mitch Marsh has stepped up a few times, Travis Head took the game away in the WTC final, Symonds did a rescue act and career take off back in 2003, etc. 

BRILLIANT INTELLIGENT POST.

There are a few really smart astute  and intelligent posters on here like yourself, who really understand Cricket.

Im glad you saw and agreed with my thoughts in the OP.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:47 PM, Frustrated said:

TBH, struggling at 93/7 in 20 overs against a minnow like Afghan on a flat pitch should be a matter of deep concern for the Aussies.  A rarest of rare blinder of an inning (by maxwell) is unlikely to happen again and that too against top bowling units.  If I were an aussie, I would be extremely worried about this team and its future.  

Not really at all.

Australia has this history of doing enough to qualify for finals, once they are there, they then turn up another gear.

TBH India were lucky to make it the Final. NZ were in the box seat to win the game with 18 overs to go, there were clear signs India would struggle in the Final.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:47 AM, sandeep said:

That wasn't this set of players.

This set of players just got their ass handed to them in SA, got outclassed by IND in the warmup series as well as the league stage game, came within a fart of losing to Afghanistan for cryin out loud.

This isn't the 2000s.  Grow up, let your balls drop, and stop cowering in fear in the corner.  

lol :hysterical:

Classless post.

I tried to educate you and guide you in understanding the culture of Australian Cricket and why it was going to be a force to reckoned with.

You demonstrated clearly here your lack of understanding of cricket. As the title of this thread was so accurate, Australia were peaking at the right team.

Interesting with your fixation on my balls, do you even have a pair?

On 11/12/2023 at 11:20 AM, DeepSpace said:

NZ will break Indian hearts in semi and then get blown away by the Aussies in the final. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!! :cheer5:

This post is almost correct.

NZ came close to winning. At the 32nd over mark with 18 overs remaining, NZ were set to win this match.

1 minute ago, DeepSpace said:

I am hardly Nostradamus, but I know the Indian mentality and the Aussie grit!! :cool:

Yet so many posters on this thread, seemed to dismiss my OP and laughed out loudly at Australia's chances.

They foolishly believed India were performing well. Whats even worse, despite me explaining why Australian culture is rich in winning as underdogs, almost no one paid no respect. They laughed at the way Australia were "lucky".

Australia had the perfect world cup and timed their peak to perfection.

The meek, weak, timid underperforming Indian batsman finally arrived. Unfortunately for us, they waited for the Final to appear.

55 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Not really at all.

Australia has this history of doing enough to qualify for finals, once they are there, they then turn up another gear.

TBH India were lucky to make it the Final. NZ were in the box seat to win the game with 18 overs to go, there were clear signs India would struggle in the Final.

Yes. Aus hv the history of stepping up big time in KOs and Finals.  But definitely this Aus side was no way near as great as some of their GOAT teams like 2003 & 2007.   To me, this team is more like a case of one or two players stepping up and helping them till the end.   Aus were reeling at 47/3 last night.   Head took the game away from us quickly and more importantly he stayed till the end.  This is what our choker batters always fail to do and nothing is going to change, unfortunately.   One of Kolhi/KL should hv stayed till the end. The less said about Iyer, the better.    Of course, there are many other issues with our team,  but really no point discussing it now.  The thing is we are not going to win an ICC tournament anytime soon no matter who becomes the captain or the coach.