does dhoni have anything against badrinath?Or is he just being selfish

from what I read ' date=' Dhoni came out only in the last 6-7 overs in most games (probably to slog if batting first or in the event of chasing to close the deal)... so I dont know wtf is this guy whinging about[/quote'] No he chose when to go in based on if the bowling was doing well or not. If the bowlers were doing well Dhoni didnt go in to 'seal the deal' and pull his team out of a hole, he hid till the end. But if the bowling was getting destroyed then Dhoni promoted himself up the order to make the best of it. I got the same feeling whilst watching the IPL but I was hoping I was just imagining things.
No he chose when to go in based on if the bowling was doing well or not. If the bowlers were doing well Dhoni didnt go in to 'seal the deal' and pull his team out of a hole, he hid till the end. But if the bowling was getting destroyed then Dhoni promoted himself up the order to make the best of it. I got the same feeling whilst watching the IPL but I was hoping I was just imagining things.
Let me see if I can read it this way. In my team I have a guy who is as technically proficient as Dravid. I am not a good player on all surfaces. I can however score fast if the pitch is not too tricky. Definitely faster than the technically proficient batsman. So what do I do? If the ball is moving I let the technically proficient person take over and hit a few balls towards the end or I go out and become a sitting duck and protect the technically proficient batsman? If the pitch is placid I go out and create hell for the opposition and score faster than the technically proficient batsman? Knowing your strengths is a sign of an intelligent person. Knowing your weakness is even better. IPL may have been entertainment but frankly it was still about teams winning and not teams trying to make stars out of individuals. What Dhoni did was in the interests of the team, unfortunately Badri was at the receiving end because he is perceived as a slow test match player. Yeah but in the finals Dhoni messed up bad. Did anyone see yuvraj's face in the semis when things were going bad? It was a step by step instruction manual on how to demoralize your team by placing all the blame on them. He has a lot to learn about leading. Warne was awesome though.
I don't think he is good at playing spin. Don't know why you think he is a far more talented batsman when he can't play spinners properly. I'm not comparing him to Dhoni' date=' but even Pathan plays spinners better.[/quote'] Yuvraj is just scared of spin....:nervous:...and that is his biggest downside.

Good old days when ICF used to think that Dhoni has something against Badrinath.

And today he is scumbag for backing him. 

22 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Truth shoukd be known n also what a bastar$ Srini n Dhoni is, n hiw talent takes a back stage to nepotism.

20 hours ago, Khota said:

If true this reveals the true character of Dhoni. Giving preference to your teammates over a more deserving player is nothing short of shameful.

20 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Badrtinath had few issues, was a strokeless wonder who looked good at. Domestics but compketely out of place in Int cricket, he was selfish in his approach n not a team man also reason for that could be he had debuted at a older age n was scared to loose his place.

16 hours ago, adi B said:

Expected from dhoni at that time,rhiti,csk buddys and what not !!

16 hours ago, Gollum said:

No bigger scumbag in Indian cricket than MSD since Azhar.

ICF loves it both ways. 10 years, he was against him, not backing player.

10 years from then, he backed him just because of CSK

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Good old days when ICF used to think that Dhoni has something against Badrinath.

It's not about who is backing whom and what happened in the past. It's just that when some of Dhoni fan gives credit for all the great thing happen in Indian cricket to Dhoni.  like 50 % of spinner job,made  Kohli career  etc etc. It's saying same as Azhar made SRT career.

On 6/5/2008 at 5:08 AM, The Outsider said:

What is so special about 2006 and 2007. We are halfway through 2008 now. If you want to do a comparison, we can do it over their : 1. Entire careers : Dhoni blows away Yuvraj so far away that they are not even in the same league. A differential of 10 in average 36.09 vs. 45.50. Does Dhoni score his runs slower? No, he scores them at a 5 point better SR than Yuvraj ie. 91.91 vs. 86.54 2. Last series to gauge recent form : Yuvraj is not even in the same ballpark yet again. Dhoni's 347 runs at an average of 69.40 vs. Yuvraj's 202 runs at an average of 22.44! 3. Last 1 year to get mid range form : Dhoni averages a good 5 points higher than Yuvraj again - 44.62 vs. 40.06. Yuvraj does score his runs at 3 points faster, maybe this was what made you think Yuvraj is better? 4. Last 2 years : Naah, tough luck here as well. Dhoni's 42.95 is again a good 4 points higher than Yuvraj's 38.57, only a 1 point difference in strike rate, maybe that was your smoking gun? Yes, if we take your arbitrary criteria of 2006 and 2007, Yuvraj averages 5 points more than Dhoni at a worse strike rate, but that's just because his injury kept him from being exposed on the South African tracks which would have leveled that equation as well, given his extremely powerful showing on seaming and bouncing wickets. Oh, and did I mention that all this is just a batting comparison and we haven't even talked about the fact that Dhoni has been one of the best wicketkeepers in the world during this time. :hysterical::hysterical: At least Yuvraj is sure of his test spot ie. he won't play unless a middle order batsman is injured. Who is going to replace Dhoni as a keeper in tests? Karthik, the guy who gave a world record number of byes in his last test appearance or Dropthiv who has already spilled enough for a life time and most recently cost Chennai the IPL final by not collecting a slower delivery from Balaji?

days when outy was a big Dhoni fan and @sscomp32 calls himself a Dhoni fan, tum to outy ke panv dhone layak bhi nahi ho   :giggle: 

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

This is not about Dhoni, but a guy like Vengsarkar who is a servants of Indian cricket and tries to do his job with honesty gets cast aside beacause of a politician n chela, Badrinath had performed well in domestics but he was not int class, he deserved chance which he got but it was too late.

A BAD PRECEDENT IS BEING SET WITH DHONI BEING THE CULPRIT ALONG WITH SRINI WHERE INDIAN CRICKET WAS THEIR PRPERTY, IPL HAS FURTHER FORMED CLIQUES AND LOYALTIES, TALENT IS BEING WASTED AND PLAYERS BECOMING TO POWER FUL AND SELECTORS TOO WEAK, FURTHER THE AGENCIES LIKE Rhiti n Cs ARE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR GUYS WHO ARE PERFORMING IN DOMESTICS TO GET A FAIR CHANCE AT THE RIGHT TIME, TALENT IS BEING COMPROMISED.

3 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

This is not about Dhoni, but a guy like Vengsarkar who is a servants of Indian cricket and tries to do his job with honesty gets cast aside beacause of a politician n chela, Badrinath had performed well in domestics but he was not int class, he deserved chance which he got but it was too late.

A BAD PRECEDENT IS BEING SET WITH DHONI BEING THE CULPRIT ALONG WITH SRINI WHERE INDIAN CRICKET WAS THEIR PRPERTY, IPL HAS FURTHER FORMED CLIQUES AND LOYALTIES, TALENT IS BEING WASTED AND PLAYERS BECOMING TO POWER FUL AND SELECTORS TOO WEAK, FURTHER THE AGENCIES LIKE Rhiti n Cs ARE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR GUYS WHO ARE PERFORMING IN DOMESTICS TO GET A FAIR CHANCE AT THE RIGHT TIME, TALENT IS BEING COMPROMISED.

Because of?

Why didn't Vegsarkar resign from MCA post and chose to remain selector? Any guesses for that?

20 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Because of?

Why didn't Vegsarkar resign from MCA post and chose to remain selector? Any guesses for that?

Badrinath was a late bloomer and a strokeless wonder, he also like the present day Dhoni was self before team no risk, keep my average intact mentality n that didn't go well.

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Do you seriously think being in CSK had nothing to do with his decision making process?

24 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Do you really think Badrinath played 2 tests just because he was from CSK? He wouldn't have played any match at all if he wasn't from CSK?

If you know someone from a team does that not lead to conflict of interest?

Edited by Khota
6 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

These are posts from a couple of days back,where is it evident that the four posters you've quoted had said that dhoni had something against badrinath back in those day?? How on earth did you assume most of icfers wanted badrinath in the side and that dhoni was against him?

Get your dhoni defending train somewhere else mate 

On 03/06/2008 at 4:22 PM, Laaloo said:
Dhoni is very shrewd and selfish. It was obvious thru out the IPL ..when the situation was easy, he would come in...when the going got tough, he hid behind the badris and all. Dhoni has blinded the chennai fans on this forum and some others as well for that not to see. It was very obvious an dpoint of discussion on the other forums.

coming from a yuvi fan, there is no credibility. sorry but try better next time

@velu:giggle: I knew he is a Dhoni fan undercover