India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Out of their 7 appearances in the WC Final

Australia have lost only 2 ,there too they didn't go down meekly/surrender

1974 they ended up with 274

1996 set a target of 242 and actually got rid of Jayasuriya and Kaluwithrana early,but a Arvinda and Ranatunga played like magicians to see off Australian threat

So,if one could summarise their WC Finals performances

They are absolute beast who rarely make mistakes in Finals and it takes Herculean/Superhuman effort to take them on or beat them

They always fight even if they are at tight spot and emerge victorious,never have they been gone down meekly in Finals

They will come very very hard at India tomorrow no matter what

First 5-6 overs while batting & bowling are key...  Aussies like to attack straightaway to make a difference early on..  Which forces other side in survival mode. 

If India does well in PP in both bowling & batting...  Expect us to beat them comfortably. 

On 11/17/2023 at 9:38 AM, Number said:

There is no need to overplay this "Aussies mentally stronk" thing. We have smashed them in their backyard in their favorite formats 2 times.

They have lost their fair share of matches in WCs. It can go either way but to beat us they will have to play good cricket.

They probably turned a corner in WTC final...  I am scared of Head.  He is fearless.  We haven't faced him as a opener in ODI format yet.  He is a different beast in last 1-2 years in this format.  Pace killing machine. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

First 5-6 overs while batting & bowling are key...  Aussies like to attack straightaway to make a difference early on..  Which forces other side in survival mode. 

If India does well in PP in both bowling & batting...  Expect us to beat them comfortably. 

Yes like this comment.

India's key to winning the match rest in the first 5 overs batting and bowling.

Gill and Hitman.

I would bowl Bumrah and Shami. I worry about Siraj either leaking or being attacked. Australia will have a plan to target certain bowlers.

Never ever I have felt so happy being painted as villain no 1 across the globe due to our skills and resources. Peps Guardiola comes to mind. Every single club hates them. Even I do being an arsenal fan. We try to throw up accusations that the referee premier league all supporting them and they have all these ffp issues. They get away without red cards ( rodri) and VAR etc etc. But deep down we all know what they are capable of. When they go on a run they blast everyone away like they did to my arsenal. I m still salty about it but inside there is grudging respect that yes they have the guts to swat everyone aside with skills atheleticism and sheer focus to win.. India in todays day is nothing different.. 

It just hit me...

Whenever we went into a world cup final with more secular XIs, we went onto win the title.. :flute:

2007 T20 WC final - We played two Sikhs (Yuvi, Bhajji) and Two Muslims (Pathan brothers) in the playing XI. 

2011 ODI WC final - We once again played two Sikhs (Yuvi , Bhajji) and Two Muslims (Zaheer, Munaf) in the playing XI..

Throughout all the knockout defeats from 2014-2023 , we have played overwhelmingly Hindu dominant sides (atleast 9 out of 11)..

Again, tomorrow we'll play with two Sikhs (Gill, Bumrah) and Two Muslims (Shami, Siraj) in the playing XI... :yay:

Naacho BC.

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

It just hit me...

Whenever we went into a world cup final with more secular XIs, we went onto win the title.. :flute:

2007 T20 WC final - We played two Sikhs (Yuvi, Bhajji) and Two Muslims (Pathan brothers) in the playing XI. 

2011 ODI WC final - We once again played two Sikhs (Yuvi , Bhajji) and Two Muslims (Zaheer, Munaf) in the playing XI..

Throughout all the knockout defeats from 2014-2023 , we have played overwhelmingly Hindu dominant sides (atleast 9 out of 11)..

Again, tomorrow we'll play with two Sikhs (Gill, Bumrah) and Two Muslims (Shami, Siraj) in the playing XI... :yay:

Naacho BC.

Sickulars or Bhakts.. together we going to win this world cup :giggle:

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

It just hit me...

Naacho BC.

Coincidentally, it may be true.  Magar iska koi logic nahi banta "seculars" ke saath.  :laugh:     (Also there is 20% chance of Ashwin playing in place of Siraj if pitch is too dry and slow 2morrow)

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

It just hit me...

Naacho BC.

I think India wins because it is the better team.

I would not look too much into religion part as this is team India.

As far as I am concerned Gill is a Punjabi, Bumrah is a Gujju, Shami is a Bhaiya and Siraj is Hyderabadi. 

Enjoy and be ready for the ride tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

It just hit me...

Naacho BC.

2007 World T20 squad had Robin Uthappa who is a Catholic on his mother's side and I believe he's a practising one too. 

2011 World Cup squad had Yusuf Pathan in the squad. 

Key is to have 5 religious minorities in the squad. We only have 4 this time .

Congrats Australia 

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

It just hit me...

Naacho BC.

2003 we had Zak,Kaif, Bhajji,Yuvi :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Coincidentally, it may be true.  Magar iska koi logic nahi banta "seculars" ke saath.  :laugh:     (Also there is 20% chance of Ashwin playing in place of Siraj if pitch is too dry and slow 2morrow)

We bhakts consider Sikhs as part of the Sangh parivar. / sanatan dharm. And also Muslims as Bhais , I mean, Hindu-Muslim Bhai-Bhai bolte hain na., So sab jan gan ek hain - all Indians  :icflove: :isalute:

Edited by coffee_rules
4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think India wins because it is the better team.

I would not look too much into religion part as this is team India.

As far as I am concerned Gill is a Punjabi, Bumrah is a Gujju, Shami is a Bhaiya and Siraj is Hyderabadi. 

Enjoy and be ready for the ride tomorrow.

As far as I know, Bumrah is a Mona Sardaar, born & brought up in Gujarat.  Calling him 'Gujju' may not be appropriate.   

3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

As far as I know, Bumrah is a Mona Sardaar, born & brought up in Gujarat.  Calling him 'Gujju' may not be appropriate.   

If you are bought up and raised in Gujrat you are a Gujju.

Gujju is a informal word related to people of Gujrat. Bumrah has zero ties with Punjab.

Any one bought up and raised in Delhi is Delhite.