India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yes my mind is wavering like if we bat first and score 400 I ll be fine and jumping. If we bowl first ans even of they score 250-275 i ll be happy but so tense.. only way i can be happy is if Aus scores same as they scored in first match. Then i m sure we will win. Basically I want india to score 400 while batting first or chase 200 uf fielding first. Uske beech main hai sirf tension aur stress. 

275 for Australia batting first would be match winning.

I would expect us to lose 3-4 early wickets chasing. I have zero confidence in SKY delivering too.

If we bat first, anywhere near 300 will be good for us to defend.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

275 for Australia batting first would be match winning.

I would expect us to lose 3-4 early wickets chasing. I have zero confidence in SKY delivering too.

If we bat first, anywhere near 300 will be good for us to defend.

275 can be chased if we are 50/1 by first pp. by over 22/23 ball becomes soft, singles becomes easy and dew starts settling.. by over 37/ 38 if we reach 190/195 for 3/4 i m sure we can make 75 in 72 balls just by playing normal Cricket shots as singles and doubles are available in plenty. Similar to chase against nz..

16 minutes ago, neel roy said:

275 can be chased if we are 50/1 by first pp. by over 22/23 ball becomes soft, singles becomes easy and dew starts settling.. by over 37/ 38 if we reach 190/195 for 3/4 i m sure we can make 75 in 72 balls just by playing normal Cricket shots as singles and doubles are available in plenty. Similar to chase against nz..

My biggest concern is not for our bowling, but our batting.

I worry if Hitman, Gill and Kohli all go out cheaply.

Iyer, KL and SKY wont be able to play with any freedom. Its because of 1,2,3 laying a platform that has allowed them to go big.

The irony being Australia had us effectively 4/10 when chasing, so its not beyond the realms of possibility.

24 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yes my mind is wavering like if we bat first and score 400 I ll be fine and jumping. If we bowl first and even if they score 250-275 i ll be so tense.. only way i can be super happy is if Aus scores same as they scored in first match. Then i m sure we will win. Basically I want india to score 400 while batting first or chase 200 if fielding first. Uske beech main hai sirf tension aur stress. 

I understand the stress and tension. Part of the thrill of the cricket matches. I hope India scores big or restricts them to low score as you say. :--D

However absolutely do not understand people here who abuse the team, underestimate them, over estimate the opposition .. Zoom in on every possible way India  has issues and is in trouble at the same time ignoring the weakness of the opposition and dreaming that they will play perfect cricket.. Having their pants wet before games, during the game until the game is decided in India's favor.  Thats what my comment was for. 

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

My biggest concern is not for our bowling, but our batting.

I worry if Hitman, Gill and Kohli all go out cheaply.

Iyer, KL and SKY wont be able to play with any freedom. Its because of 1,2,3 laying a platform that has allowed them to go big.

The irony being Australia had us effectively 4/10 when chasing, so its not beyond the realms of possibility.

India just needs to be careful and not lose early wickets. If we get through the first 6 overs or so, we will win. Just need to avoid that 3 down of the first match.

good thing is most of our batters except SKY are looking good. SKY just has not got that much time in the middle. 

Just now, cricspirit said:

India just needs to be careful and not lose early wickets. If we get through the first 6 overs or so, we will win. Just need to avoid that 3 down of the first match.

good thing is most of our batters except SKY are looking good. SKY just has not got that much time in the middle. 

It was Madness of Indian Cricket to not give SKY batting opportunities vs Netherlands.

He should have been promoted to 3 or 4.

34 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

Its the team! not luck :) 

Believe in them.

jeetega bhai jeetega india jeetega!

Correct.

If the team wins tonight, its because of talent, skill and performing big in a final.

India needed luck in previous big games and its one of the reasons it has failed to win an ICC trophy.

On 11/17/2023 at 5:57 PM, nitinbwj said:

NZ had 5 wild cards. Conway, Boult, Latham, Mitchell, KW. What happened? 

What happened?

You were very confident that India would win this comfortably? You didnt even for a second consider why Australia would win this game.

India has fraudulent players that choke.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:05 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

why?

Have they realised that if Aus are not winning WCs every time its not worth watching? Or is it because India is hosting and BCCI is a powerful board, Aussies now think Cricket is a waste of time as they cant boss around the brown man anymore?

Australia won, no celebrations this morning, its hardly a big thing here in Australia.

This is what makes India's choke even worse, people back here just carrying on with life, winning ICC trophies comes natural for Australia.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:34 PM, nitinbwj said:

Ifs and buts are part of the game. Had Mujeeb not dropped Maxwell, Afg would have def. Australia no crushed Aus by atleast 150 runs. They would have def. SA as well. Ind looks invincible ans i don't care if we play Aus in the finals, it's in India and no way in hell are Aussies doing anything in Ahmedabad. 

You were so confident and I was trying throughout this thread to guide you in understanding why Australia is a mentally superior team over India.