Jaisi karni, Waisi bharni.....You Reap What You Sow

jalebi_bhai

Where do we start?

1. Politically motivated match allocations.

2. Ticket allocation system( :rofl:) that encourages black marketing.

3. Total disarray while scheduling.

4. Pitch preparation drama.

5. Silly mid-game light shows

6. Not taking necessary steps so that people from the rest of the world can and want to attend a world cup

It's a damn shame that this tournament was such a disorganized clusterf*ck, as the quality of cricket was brilliant at times. 

BCCI doesn't deserve any better than the abuse it's getting. 

And more importantly.....we as fans don't deserve any better for not holding these bozos accountable. 

Feel free to add to the list.

17 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

we as fans don't deserve any better for not holding these bozos accountable. 

Apart from unsubscribing to hotstar/sony or whatever version of streaming you use what realistic choice do we have? Fans on this forum are mostly practical & realistic in terms of expectations & criticizing this team whenever they fail, except that Sobers lite US(?) agent who works for free here! The IPL fans or stupid *ing teens - well what can I say about them :whack3:

Maybe its a good thing India lost, because as result all the above shortfalls would have been glossed over.

Anyways, all the above are salient points which normally only the British media whinge about when England loose.

For Australia never been issue where even previously poorly organised World Cups, never stop them winning 6 world cups.

Whilst the uber hyped Rohit, Kohli, and Rahul delivered zilch last 10 years, even in "well organised" world cups. 

I am not going to blame BCCI here, not winning world cup purely on players and team management. 

If it wasn't apparent from the OP, I'm not talking about yesterday's result. Separate topic.

The crowd for yesterday's final was ~93,000/130,000. Why was it not a packed house? Around 35,000+ short of full capacity, that too in a final involving India. People wanted to attend but couldn't.

I'm raising questions regarding the overall organization of the tournament, which was largely pathetic. Yesterday's loss just compounded the misery. 

11 minutes ago, Number said:

Jaisi karni vaisi bharni ?

Isme fans aur players ki kya galti hai.

Ask yourself, why is the BCCI so brazen in it's attitude? Because they have the largest domestic market where the demand for cricket is inelastic. We are responsible for creating that demand. 

These looteras know they can milk us in the name of nationalism/patriotism, irrespective how corrupt/shameless they are. End of the day, fans empower them. Remember, we were a hockey nation until 1983 happened.

I have moved beyond blaming the players to a point. They are just a cog of the corrupt machinery. 

The least we can do as well wishers of Indian cricket is call out these corrupt bozos, rather than embolden them.