How IPL Helped Australia Win The World Cup.

CG

Ashwin said he asked Bailey the reason behind Australia's decision to bowl first, and how his explanation left him "flabbergasted".

"Australia totally deceived me personally, I was checking whether the pitch is disintegrating at mid-innings and I met George Bailey. I asked him why didn't you guys bat first like you always do - he answered back, 'we have played IPL & Bilateral series here a lot - red soil disintegrates but not black soil & it gets better under lights - no impact on dew on red soil but black soil has good turn in afternoon & then it will be a concrete in night.' I was flabbergasted after that," Ashwin said on his YouTube channel.

10 minutes ago, CG said:

Ashwin said he asked Bailey the reason behind Australia's decision to bowl first, and how his explanation left him "flabbergasted".

"Australia totally deceived me personally, I was checking whether the pitch is disintegrating at mid-innings and I met George Bailey. I asked him why didn't you guys bat first like you always do - he answered back, 'we have played IPL & Bilateral series here a lot - red soil disintegrates but not black soil & it gets better under lights - no impact on dew on red soil but black soil has good turn in afternoon & then it will be a concrete in night.' I was flabbergasted after that," Ashwin said on his YouTube channel.

It was a known fact that in Ahmedabad pitch always behave better under lights. That was no secret. However, why it was so necessary to prepare a sluggish pitch, when you know with your rotten luck you are always going to lose the toss in final. How about preparing a fresh/ patta pitch which remain patta throughout, which would have been fair for both sides. 

Pathetic. We lost our golden chance of winning a world cup by opting for an used pitch instead of a fresh one. And our this act of cowardice, has gone against us. 

18 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

kind of confirms Indian think thank prepared the pitch hoping for a win-win, if India won the toss it will bowl, if Aus won the toss they will chose to put runs on the board. Kind of explains Rohits body language after aus chose to bowl!

Yes it seems Rohit and dravid wanted to trick the Aussies but ipl experience helped .Indian players don't get same exposure in foreign conditions.

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

While IPL is cash cow for Indian cricket but no reason why it can't be moved to other countries on rotation basis. 

Eng and SA should be prime contenders.  IPL should happen there on rotation basis.  1 year in India,  next in SA & England to suit IST prime timings. 

That probably means some of the revenue will go to those boards. now we can't let that happen can we?

46 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

kind of confirms Indian think thank prepared the pitch hoping for a win-win, if India won the toss it will bowl, if Aus won the toss they will chose to put runs on the board. Kind of explains Rohits body language after aus chose to bowl!

Meanwhile rohit sharma after loosing the toss : “I would have batted first. Big games and runs on the board. It’s going to be amazing” 

bas kuch bhi :hysterical:

30 minutes ago, badmash said:

Meanwhile rohit sharma after loosing the toss : “I would have batted first. Big games and runs on the board. It’s going to be amazing” 

bas kuch bhi :hysterical:

dimwit.. he bowled against poopistan & smacked the living daylights out of your lumber 1 bowlers on the same ground. He just said what he has said every time he has lost the toss this wc.

43 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

While IPL is cash cow for Indian cricket but no reason why it can't be moved to other countries on rotation basis. 

Eng and SA should be prime contenders.  IPL should happen there on rotation basis.  1 year in India,  next in SA & England to suit IST prime timings. 

Eng would be happy to host. Sadiq Khan has been begging for it. Obviously BCCI wouldn't want to share money.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/12270459/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-wants-to-bring-indian-premier-league-games-to-the-capital

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Eng would be happy to host. Sadiq Khan has been begging for it. Obviously BCCI wouldn't want to share money.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/12270459/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-wants-to-bring-indian-premier-league-games-to-the-capita

Would be interesting to see at what point it becomes pointless & boring.  How much trash consumer consumes before it reaches at its saturation point...  I bet failure in next WT20 would definitely hurt IPl or force changes in some way or other...  Maybe even bring Champions league back. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Captains play mind games and say things they don’t mean, there is nothing to say he would bat first if he won the toss. Are you that dumb?

Yea you know exactly what he was thinking lmao .. facts overs feelings Even if it was let’s say “MiNd GaMeS”, you deserve is for preparing a pitch to your liking buttt it backfired  hahahaha