Why is Prasidh Krishna rated so highly?

RJman

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Exactly !

Prasidh is good in ODIs and can be very good in tests.

He needs to work on his slog over bowling, he is unable stop flow of runs (not that this is only his problem, its same with other too).

Needs to bowl more balls in 140+ kmph bracket, and needs to mix fuller length ball with his stock ball. 

On 11/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, Number said:

Because he is a hit the deck bowler who can bowl in range of 145-150 kmph. How many such bowlers we do have ?

T20 is not his ideal format. Heavy dew and just 4 fielders outside with 2 set batters, most bowlers will struggle. He almost got both Maxwell and Wade in previous over.

All said, he should not play T20s.

In SA tests though, I will be tempted to play him ahead of Siraj who was a big let down there in last test series.

shammi has ankle issue's ..he wont play. siraj boom prasidh and shardul will ply with jaddu...kl rahul may keep

41 minutes ago, diga said:

SA-A side is probably composed of 3rd string side, still Prasidh manages a 5-fer in the match 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-a-in-south-africa-2023-24-1412200/south-africa-a-vs-india-a-1st-unofficial-test-1412202/full-scorecard

They were 298/5. All out 319. Last 5 wickets all taken by Prasidh Krishna. Shami will miss first test. In line for debut..

Issue is i cant believe if all Icf er fans can see that prasidh is not a t20 bowler and fit for test cricket with his back of the length hit the deck style, why selection committee chairman ajit agarkar who won us the first SENA Test in 17 years in adelaide 2003 with his back of the length bowling CANT see it?

Edited by neel roy
1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Issue is i cant believe if all Icf er fans can see that prasidh is not a t20 bowler and fit for test cricket with his back of the length hit the deck style, why selection committee chairman ajit agarkar who won us the first SENA Test in 17 years in adelaide 2003 with his back of the length bowling CANT see it?

Even in ipl his record is crap. So clear as day he cant play t20

Still we will keeeeep on playing him in t20

When he is better in odi and at his best in tests???

2 hours ago, neel roy said:

Willful ignorance.

11 hours ago, neel roy said:

Tbh...I think selectors are not dumb, Agarkar understands everything. It's just that there are involvement from "other" parties who try to push their favourites ahead no matter what.

Drama of Rohit-Kohli-T20 is one of the clear examples, Jay Shah..who has no knowledge of cricket comments that Rohit's involvement in T20's will be confirmed post IPL, thereby confusing everyone in the process.

Things are going out of hand of the selectors, too much bureaucracy inside Indian cricket.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tbh...I think selectors are not dumb, Agarkar understands everything. It's just that there are involvement from "other" parties who try to push their favourites ahead no matter what.

Drama of Rohit-Kohli-T20 is one of the clear examples, Jay Shah..who has no knowledge of cricket comments that Rohit's involvement in T20's will be confirmed post IPL, thereby confusing everyone in the process.

Things are going out of hand of the selectors, too much bureaucracy inside Indian cricket.

Atleast allow our players to play overseas t20. That way I can atleast watch our young gun bowlers play overseas and develop their skills

On 11/29/2023 at 2:14 PM, express bowling said:

Tall, hit the deck quick.

Gets steep bounce

Can bowl at 90 mph.

Can move the ball. 

Has low bowling averages in FC .. 17.6, ODIs .. 25.6 and List A .. 23.8 

Looks dangerous on pitches with bounce. 

Not everyone is a T20 bowler and neither is he. Averages 34.8 in the IPL and this tells the story about his efficiency in this format.

But the selectors and TM should not let his T20 failures affect their judgements regarding his bowling ability in the 2 longer formats. 

:hysterical: This one belongs to the Gems of ICF thread bwahahaha 

@Ravi_Shastri

@putrevus

@Adamant