Rahul Dravid Blames Ahmedabad's Pitch For Cricket World Cup 2023 Final Loss In BCCI's Review Meeting, Says Report

2 hours ago, neel roy said:

Exactly the point. They got spooked by glen maxwell and mitch marsh s capability rather than their own bowling strength.. india won the toss in wtc and like a lunatic chose to field first when it was amply clear after 2 hours of cloudy conditions next 5 days would be absolutely sunny..

India lost WC final because we had to bat first and pitch was iffy

India lost WTC because we chose to bowl first and conditions were...

Bat first, excuses... bowl first, excuses....Man I don't know. I am tired of excuses. All I see are defeats in vital matches.

Maybe we are just not that good when a good team applies the pressure.

3 hours ago, neel roy said:

we could have easily piled on 400 on that oval pitch and won the match

Why "easily"? Aus have a say in that too.

4 hours ago, neel roy said:

Exactly the point. They got spooked by glen maxwell and mitch marsh s capability rather than their own bowling strength.. india won the toss in wtc and like a lunatic chose to field first when it was amply clear after 2 hours of cloudy conditions next 5 days would be absolutely sunny.. we could have easily piled on 400 on that oval pitch and won the match

to score 400, we had to survive first 35-40 overs and with sort of help bowlers had initially on day one, boland alone would have eaten our top & middle order. that's reason most our batsman would have decided to bowl knowing our history of collapses.

Ind revert to the mean in knock-out or critical games, instead of playing normal game or even taking the attack - they go defensive and inevitably lose.

Dravid epitomises that crippling mentality. Has zero innovation, ideas or strategy.

And he will be "coaching" again at the next tournament in 2024 as been rewarded for failing. 

Might as well dismantle the trophy cabinet and put it to better use.

We lost the WTC final cause no pant and bumrah. Endof/

We lost the WC final in 2023 cause harpic dint play? As much as I don't like him, he gives us balance with the ball and fights hard in ko games. Not selecting lefties in the top order is another mistake knowing fully well that Australia are weak vs lefties. What a disaster. 

Selection of shami to open over siraj. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Has India won any ICC tournament with Dravid in the side? under-19 world cup i think. May be one CT sharing in the final.

2007 wc loss  - dravid played

2003 wc loss - but that was a goat side

Champions trophy loss to nz in 2001? 

In tests he did help india win in England and nz although that nz team was an absolute joke. 

17 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

A fresh pitch would have been our best friend.

A red soil track would've been better, we went from Red clay batting paradise in Mumbai to this *ing joke clack soil one in the finals. Oz went from Black soil slow tuner in SF to an even better black soil deck in the finals. But the bottom line is we didn't adapt well/quick enough & had no plan B/C/D when RGS threw his wicket away :whack3:

Blaming the pitch will only get you so far :om:

8 hours ago, harpicP said:

We lost the WC final in 2023 cause harpic dint play? As much as I don't like him, he gives us balance with the ball and fights hard in ko games.

He wouldn't do jack in this game, we were 2 batters & 2 bowlers short especially with that kind of dew in effect. Of course the insipid captaincy didn't help!

15 hours ago, AKane said:

India lost WC final because we had to bat first and pitch was iffy

India lost WTC because we chose to bowl first and conditions were...

Bat first, excuses... bowl first, excuses....Man I don't know. I am tired of excuses. All I see are defeats in vital matches.

Why "easily"? Aus have a say in that too.

In first innings india did not bat badly.. now think if they had the same score batting first we would have been in a good position as ball started to spin from day 3

Edited by neel roy

This loser should rather give an explanation as to why he and the Management didn't plan to get Head's wkt !

Didn't he see the live Demo Head showed   us in the World test championships finals and the Odi series earlier in India ?

Didn't even try a right hander off spinner during the innings 

9 minutes ago, adi B said:

This loser should rather give an explanation as to why he and the Management didn't plan to get Head's wkt !

Didn't he see the live Demo Head showed   us in the World test championships finals and the Odi series earlier in India ?

Didn't even try a right hander off spinner during the innings 

Team management have no sense of planning. Even in the current T20 series against Australia, no attempt was made to even try out a 6th bowling option like Tilak Varma or W Sundar, in case we need an extra bowling option if one of the main bowlers has an off day or maybe the pitch has more help for spinners.

They are just happy to win the game at hand, even dead rubbers and keep their job safe, nobody cares about the team or have a vision for winning big tournaments.