3rd T20I (D/N), Johannesburg, December 14, 2023, India tour of South Africa

nitinbwj

7 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I am all for promoting young talent..but if Rohit can play same brand of cricket he played in odi wcup..he is better option to open along side with Jaisawal...as compared to Gill's current form\mental state..lets go all guns blazing..

I think we have to stop going back to them. Try some other youngster.  I don't mind India losing world T20 with youngsters. Again the same one-dimensional players same result is no good. T20 requires athletic fielding as well. Bit part time if necessary. INdia has to start developing different line up. 

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think we have to stop going back to them. Try some other youngster.  I don't mind India losing world T20 with youngsters. Again the same one-dimensional players same result is no good. T20 requires athletic fielding as well. Bit part time if necessary. INdia has to start developing different line up. 

I agree in general..but given the current situation\time left...i see 3 options to partner with Jaisawal..

Gill

Gaekwad

Rohit

Ishan Kishan(maybe?)

out of these..Rohit looks better currently..

Unless someone new has breathtaking IPL..we will have to chose from them.

Lets..see..who wins the race later..

after this worldcup we definitely need to step away from Rohit..

8 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I agree in general..but given the current situation\time left...i see 3 options to partner with Jaisawal..

Gill

Gaekwad

Rohit

Ishan Kishan(maybe?)

out of these..Rohit looks better currently..

Unless someone new has breathtaking IPL..we will have to chose from them.

Lets..see..who wins the race later..

after this worldcup we definitely need to step away from Rohit..

Rohit was one of the worst performer in 2021 and 2022 world T20. Even in IPL he hardly did anything. Just because he did in ODI doesn't mean he will do the same in T20 as well. India needs to move on. His fielding is horrible. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rohit was one of the worst performer in 2021 and 2022 world T20. Even in IPL he hardly did anything. Just because he did in ODI doesn't mean he will do the same in T20 as well. India needs to move on. His fielding is horrible. 

I wasnt expecting him to play agressively in odi wcup..he pleasantly surprised me..its no guarantee he can replicate same in t20 wcup..or what effect final loss has caused on him..but he is a better player than Gill for me on current form and massive experience..esp the way he hit well in slow tracks too..all this is in context of limited time left..in t20 wcup..where tracks could be slow too..

anyways..all of this may change..after IPL..what if Ishan Kishan..has a breathtaking season..

Edit: I didnt see Gill's batting in these 2 odis..just catching up highlights..I will give him more chances..he started faster than Jaisawal today..pitch was suiting spinners today..he started well against pace..

Edited by Need4Speed
2 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I wasnt expecting him to play agressively in odi wcup..he pleasantly surprised me..its no guarantee he can replicate same in t20 wcup..or what effect final loss has caused on him..but he is a better player than Gill for me on current form and massive experience..esp the way he hit well in slow tracks too..all this is in context of limited time left..in t20 wcup..where tracks could be slow too..

anyways..all of this may change..after IPL..what if Ishan Kishan..has a breathtaking season..

Kishan has been tried enough. He just can't fix his dot ball count. That is a huge minus. More than 50% of the balls he faces are dot balls.  I would kick out Jadeja and get Abshishek in and let him open the innings with Jaiswal and both go after the bowling. If they don't like that then Rutu is the only other option. 

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kishan has been tried enough. He just can't fix his dot ball count. That is a huge minus. More than 50% of the balls he faces are dot balls.  I would kick out Jadeja and get Abshishek in and let him open the innings with Jaiswal and both go after the bowling. If they don't like that then Rutu is the only other option. 

thats a good option..but doubt selectors will have this vision..

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Abhishek,who? selectors don't know about this name in domestic circuit

Musical chair is played till the time ICC event is there,they lock usual suspects eventually

It's all drama

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kuldeep another bilateral bully, mental midget, matched Chahal in these KOs. Now will enjoy plenty of cheap wickets and build a fake aura.

i was also let down by kuldeep. really had high hopes for him but he failed badly in the final of wc and so did jadeja. pacers did well to get them to 42/3

cant ask for any better as pitch became a belter all of a sudden.

also blame goes to captain for poor field settings.