RANJI TROPHY |2023/24|

Suhaan

17 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Padikkal is in serious form. Another leftie. Lefties are doing well. Need to slot him in international in a low key series. Guys like Gill needs competition. 

I don't know why but Paddikkal reminds me of Shreyas Iyer.

Both have issues against high pace, Iyer is a string duck against bounce and I don't think Paddikkal is that good either. Even on his best knock vs CSk he scored lot of runs via edges against Pathirana. Plus against Umran he was almost scared to commit himself forward and play any shots.

Need to see if he has improved in that aspect.

20 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Both have issues against high pace, Iyer is a string duck against bounce and I don't think Paddikkal is that good either. Even on his best knock vs CSk he scored lot of runs via edges against Pathirana. Plus against Umran he was almost scared to commit himself forward and play any shots.

He's low SR player,maybe will become darling of this TM in times to come

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

SHreyas Iyer has issue against back of length even at lower pace. As long as it is full he can take on high pace too. If he learns to leave and duck he can score runs. But he is stubborn about taking it on. Not sure if Padikkal has the same kind of ego.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:23 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Gujara may come back? He is simply piling runs. England bowling was so bad in the first two tests that all batsmen had to do was not to play stupid shots. Using that logic he may sneak back in.

Yes he'd have been a huge asset in this series. 

Gujarat just hammered Punjab in Punjab, young upcoming seamer priyajitsinh with a 10 wicket haul, all three Gujarat ranji trophy teams have been hammering the top teams this year, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu both lost to Gujarat in a big margin, all rounder abhimanyu Singh from baroda looks a prospect, guys like nitish reddy get threads here probably due to state bias but players from Gujarat, Rajasthan, haryana, vidarbha, baroda always get ignored, a nobody like nikin jose gets to play the u23 tournament, pradosh paul plays for India A but amandeep khare with over 11 fc centuries and close to 50 fc average is not even known off.

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Gujarat just hammered Punjab in Punjab, young upcoming seamer priyajitsinh with a 10 wicket haul, all three Gujarat ranji trophy teams have been hammering the top teams this year, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu both lost to Gujarat in a big margin, all rounder abhimanyu Singh from baroda looks a prospect, guys like nitish reddy get threads here probably due to state bias but players from Gujarat, Rajasthan, haryana, vidarbha, baroda always get ignored, a nobody like nikin jose gets to play the u23 tournament, pradosh paul plays for India A but amandeep khare with over 11 fc centuries and close to 50 fc average is not even known off.

Big margin? Kar lost to Guj by 6 runs on a pitch where batting was lottery. Check the report card 

48 minutes ago, diga said:

Big margin? Kar lost to Guj by 6 runs on a pitch where batting was lottery. Check the report card 

Couldn't chase a mere 109, Gujarat thrashed Tamil Nadu, a state which has three ranji teams punches above it's weight, both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are big teams but keep underachieving, even in the u19 world players from the south were mediocre, limbani from baroda is better than any bowler has to offer. 

Himanshu Chauhan has taken 8 wickets vs Himachal.

28 wickets in 6 games (though 2 were almost cancelled due to fog), avg of 13, SR of 36 & economy under 3.

Delhi has been producing one quicks after the other.

Mayank, Harshit, Simarjeet & now this Himanshu.

In comparison..trundlers like Jaydev Unadkut & Sandeep Sharma have flopped badly.

Edited by singhvivek141
8 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Wow the same Gujarat that lost _at home_ to *mighty* Tripura by 156 runs. (For reference, 150 is the follow-on margin in 4-day cricket.) That Tripura team was so mighty that Cricinfo reporters frantically scrambling for known names when writing the summary could only come up with Manisankar Murasingh. (He wasn't even Tripura's top scorer in that match, but he has been the backbone for many seasons including this one, so it is fair, I guess ....).

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

wow TN vs Karnataka seemed to be a classic. with 17 runs to get for TN, 2 wickets to get for Karnataka. All results weree possible. Shame ended in draw.

I think it was some collusion like Austria vs West Germany 1982 (aka disgrace of Gijon). Both teams decided on a draw to improve each other's chances going into the final round ...

On 2/10/2024 at 6:24 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Is Jagadeesan a decent keeper? If so he deserves a run. An opener who has made 719 runs this season. He also made 800 runs in VH with 5 centuries a season back. He has dramatically improved his batting since he left CSK.

he is a hack with bat and keeping. paul is better at both. can bowl too. ricky bhui also better at keeping and batting

10 hours ago, abc said:

Wow the same Gujarat that lost _at home_ to *mighty* Tripura by 156 runs. (For reference, 150 is the follow-on margin in 4-day cricket.) That Tripura team was so mighty that Cricinfo reporters frantically scrambling for known names when writing the summary could only come up with Manisankar Murasingh. (He wasn't even Tripura's top scorer in that match, but he has been the backbone for many seasons including this one, so it is fair, I guess ....).

You seem butthurt? Tripura ain't no weak team they only lost by 29 runs against Tamil Nadu, let me know when any of these south states produce a bumrah or a pandya, baroda now has limbani as well. Gujarat has three ranji trophy teams, Tamil Nadu even with one can't win anything.

• The topic was unpinned