Should India Consider a foreign coach now ??

we had laxman as coach in t20 and Kotak as coach for ODI ..we won odi series and we had a 1-1 t20 series.

now in tests under dravid we have lost one test.

indian coaches are great as they know indian conditions and are BEST suited to make INDIA win matches in INDIA- NO doubt about this fact. 

Dravid's record is impeccable in india. But outside we have beaten weak teams only.

Yes under Ravi shastri , we wont a test series against Australia 2-1 but Ravi shastri was DUMPED.

indian coaches have limited knowledge of conditions in australia or england- even if they do , they cant know those pitches as some one like ricky pointing or an african top coach.

foreign coaches truly understand what a 145k+ fast bowler can bring on the table.

foreign coaches will not get excited with talents like MUKESH Kumar and even AVESH khan ( who has a heavy ball but has reduced his pace to be under 142K now)

understand the point- first get a 145K pacer and then TRAIN him hard so that he can manage his line and length and then learn the art of SWING.

Siraj was just trying to swing the ball in this test and thats why he got 2 wickets only, africa requires hit-the-deck pacers like Avesh Khan and Siraj can also hit the deck well. floaty 

balls won't succeed here- i know this after the test match. INDIAN cricket team COACH SHOULD KNOW THIS BEFORE A TEST MATCH. other wise why is he paid so much?

DRAVID's success in india is Superb but is the ASK just succeeding in India? Even Kumble as a coach can do that.

i seriously want a RICKY or some good south african coach as indian team coach - why?

They don't come with any personality - they perform or they perish.

They train fast bowlers better as only thing they know is playing FAST bowlers( as a batsman) and producing & training fast bowlers.  i don't think they can ever become good coaches to a SPINNER. I liked BHARAT ARUN as I guess he was the only fast bowling coach who genuinely improved our fast bowlers - Umesh, shammi, ishant , Siraj , BOOM- all the 5 learnt a few things under him. i kind of feel if Umran, karthik tyagi , Mayank and Prasidh , avesh khan, kuuldeep sen  get under him - they will grow.

fast bowlers are fast bowlers bcos they focus on FAST BOWLING rather then tricks and swing e.t.c. ...they need to be trained under an expert. today's fast bowling coach Mr Mham...appreciate he is fair but BHARAT arun is much better.

Why was he kicked out?? Ravi Shastri got all the accolades where as bharat did the job.

Why was he allowed to leave the INDIAN cricket team.

which IPL team does bharat arun coach- i dont know. but which ever team he is coaching - fast bowlers in that team will grow.

bring back bharat arun OR get a good foreign coach to replace DRAVID.

ICC Trophies Won by India:

1983 ODI WC - No Coach only Manager

2002 ODI CT - John Wright

2007 T20 WC - Lalchand Rajput

2011 ODI WC - Gary Kirsten

2013 ODI CT - Duncan Fletcher

Might be time to try a foreign coach. Clearly India has been more successful with Foreign Coach when it comes to winning ICC Trophies.

Last 3 coaches have been Ravi Shastri, Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid

Try someone like Tom Moody. Ideal time is post 2024 T20 World Cup.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh
On 12/30/2023 at 7:32 PM, nevada said:

Foreign or Desi doesn't matter. It's the attitude that matters. Being scared to win ain't gonna cut it no matter who the coach is. Didn't we pull off the greatest comeback test series win in Australia with Shastri as coach? A fresh set of players free of loser baggage might be what we need, among other things.  

BRO

emphasis is not foreign or desi- 

I wish to say Desi is best to succeed in INDIA. Still, if we have to beat AFRICA /England/ Australia on their LAND, we need coaches who understand the pitches in England /conditions in England /in SENA..

if we beat any country on INDIAN PITCHES..no genuine INDIAN cricketer who has substantial experience will feel excited.

on an indian track , gill /rituraj / even our second string teams can score runs against foreign countries.

i was very happy to see us succeeding in odi and t20 in Africa but again in TESTS - at least first test, the same old story surfaced.

if dravid can make India win the TEST and we come back by beating africa in odi and competing 1-1 in tests and T20- I shall still be HAPPY and let dravid continue. 

but I would say Sitanshu KOTAK and Laxman did some thing special but beating africa 2-1 and 1-1 ...some seriously GOOD selection decisions, training decisions , practicing well ..some seriously good work was done by coaches and players too...

good jOB coaches of odi and t20 and even players like rinku , kuldeep yadav, arshdeep, SURYA kumar yadav, even shreyas played a good innings, I guess ritu raj also scored in one innings.

in tests - KL RAHUL and KOHLI , BOOM - only three of these guys have shown some MARDANGI.....

dra....wid ko green tracks nahi mille kya India mein aur Africa mein practice karane ke liye?

even my daughter( in class 9th)could identify that it seems Prasidh is a little bit under practiced for an India test Match.

Dr ...wid..- BHAI jab aapko prasidh ko khilana that..( great decision) fir usko training kyo nahi karvayi think see..........thoda training aur karvana tha..

my BOSS said that failure ke baad rone see koi fayda nahi...go and do the job better next time- identify the cause and blame yourself( don't blame others)

our coach has to understand that he cannot blame others for this failure........I am never interested in blaming cricketers as i know as soon as a cricketer hits the GREEN ground....he tries his 110%. I can tell you as I have run like a rabbit to stop boundaries, I have also taken some reverse cup catches after running for 15 yards too. ( I have missed too) once I ran for around 15 yards and caught a shot that could have gone for a 6 using the Australian reverse CUP style. i still can't fathom- how could I catch that. 

Players came to me and said - they were 100 percent SURE that I would not be able to catch that. but I did practice and I had started taking reverse CUP style catches too and now I take most catches in the Australian CUP .

bolna chahta hun- coaching kamaal karti hain.......

coach ne umran ke sath kuch kamaal nahi kiya - is liye wo khel nahi raha hain.

now if the coach train Mukesh Kumar well, he may be able to also SWING the BALL as he can only be considered as a swing bowler ( though in my book bhuvi/Pradeep Kumar, and Chahar, and to some extent SHAmmi )

hope avesh , Prasidh , BOOM and Siraj PLay with JADDU. I Hope Prasidh proves me right as He is taller than SRINATH and has all the talent that Srinath had.

At least in the first TEST, he proved that express /myself and others who backed him were wrong.

i believe he has it in him to succeed in test cricket. if Srinath succeeded in the past,  Prasidh can also.

but will indian coaches train him and give him another opportunity instead of bringing in the Second choice pacer Mukesh Kumar.

is Mukesh a PACER? do you think that Rohit/virat /yashasvi/ African openers who practice again 145k pacers day in and day out would consider a 120 to 134k pacer a genuine pacer? if he does not SWING like BHUVI- he will be R...D.  ( fill the word R_ _ _ D)...

if Mukesh is played, my bet is that his performance will be as good as Shardul ( whose bowling analysis was even worse than Prasidh).

i don't have much expectations from Jaddu too

but SIRAJ and BOOM will be angry- both have the pace and skill both...expect them to Suceed for sure and expect avesh and Prasidh to bounce too..expect avesh to scream his lungs out.

quick question- I see Avesh bowling at 137K but I hear that huge sound as if he is bowling 150K and even the batsman playing as if the ball was at least a 145K ball...

is something wrong ..is that ball a 137K ball or a 145K ball ...i have seen some 137K full tosses from Avesh not hit well by batsman -kinda make me wonder if it was a 148k full toss hurrying the batsman. i feel he bowls faster than what is shown by speed guns? 

am i just thinking that or you guys too???