Aus beat Pak in the 3rd test and Clean Sweep the series 3-0

4 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

And this is why I say BRat/Drunken Master era wasn't any bed of roses that they like to pretend it was! We lost so many games from winnable positions it's not even funny :whack:

You don't spare anyone, do you :phehe:

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

WTC2 was on a flat road too, can't blame the venue for that one. When travis head can score run a ball 150, what excuse does rohit, kohli, pujara, gill have to not even score 50 across both innings

Scoreboard pressure

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

WTC2 was on a flat road too, can't blame the venue for that one. When travis head can score run a ball 150, what excuse does rohit, kohli, pujara, gill have to not even score 50 across both innings

Just like how we got rattled by 1 innings by Head in WC Final, same thing happened in WTC Final. He had the best temperment for the conditions and we had no answer to his onslaught. We played catch-up after that on the scorecard. It was a not a flat road, but one guy was a dog, it was his day.

Edited by coffee_rules

It's an unending theme for this side - remember when I said BRat will be known for his legacy after he leaves the team Like Clive Lloyd? This was in early 2018, I think SA tour or maybe Eng one - we were building towards really a near ATG team towards the middle of 2017 then CT 2017 final happened. The signs were also there at Pune 2017, when SoK ran through this side, we really had no plan C/D/E if there was a counterattack against us with bat or bowl. This happened in Pune, CT final, SA first & to a lesser extent second test. Then again in Eng w/Curran repeatedly - you can easily tell how a team will perform in such situations with their catching! And I mean almost every *ing time, we dropped dollies 99/100 instances under pressure while in the field & BRat was a major offender in the slips :whack2:

I don't empathize or sympathize with this lot because they had the best of facilities, great bowling attack & most batters in form till 2017 - they just couldn't cover the last mile because they lacked the cojones & that's what separates the good/very good sides from great or truly ATG ones :om:

They lost in finals 2017, just like they lost 2023 finals. It has got nothing to do with them having cojones.Losing in finals is no disgrace.

WI never won world cup in 1980s with best team by a mile and it was not even close, India and Australia who were beaten left right and centre by WI teams thruout 1980s won the world cups in 1980s.They did not even reach semis in 1987.

Kohli's team was never going to be ATG  test side with just one ATG batsman and one bowler who might end up as ATG if he remains injury free  and he made his debut in only 2018.Pant is going to be ATG test player if he remain as WK .

If people expect miracles it is not fault of the players.

Kohli's side is the best test side from Asia in history that too with poor batting talent and reformed Shami and Ishant under his captaincy. Kohli when he was in form never got any help.When he got help in Pant he was out of form.

It is miracle that they have reached so many knock out matches and remained number 1 test team for so long with such one dimensional team.

SA team never won any trophy with so many ATG players  but that does not take away from their greatness.Indian team under Kohli is not ATG team.But it sure is the best test side from India and Asia by a mile.

Aussies sides had Mcgrath and Warne plus Gilchrist not to mention Hayden and Ponting.WI sides had Viv, Lloyd not to mention their fearsome four fast bowlers.

Ambrose and Walsh were great bowlers plus Lara was great, what did WI win with them.

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

And this is why I say BRat/Drunken Master era wasn't any bed of roses that they like to pretend it was! We lost so many games from winnable positions it's not even funny :whack:

They were a terrible pair. Made some absolutely awful decisions. 2019 World Cup was the epitome of their utterly stupid selections and strategy 

8 hours ago, Serpico said:

Wouldn't you sY bowling failed too? To an extent? I mean ideally even though it's flat, we should have had them for under 400 no? 

But yes batting did fail on a patta.