India squad for T20 series against Afghanistan announced - Rohit & Kohli returns

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rohit is getting exposed as a fraud captain, the more test matches and odis he captains the more he is getting exposed.He has no clue on how to handle fast bowlers nor is he inspiring captain who will lead by example both on and off the field.He has become a fat slob , how will he guide others .

IPL captaincy and Indian captaincy are totally different.

On a side note Why did GT get rid of their captain.

Rohit and dravid is the worst thing that's happened to us. 

10 hours ago, Adamant said:

Show the stats

What do you mean by stats he played 3-4 games in which one virtual knockout where he scored 50 against sa and then scored another 40 in final , where everyone else other than Gambhir. How much more you have expected from debutant.

5 hours ago, Frustrated said:

It seems you hv erroneously tagged me here.  As I hv never posted any stats on kohli nor hv commented anything on him.  Must be some confusion at your end.   :giggle: 

Since Jan 1, 2020,  Kohli has a strike rate of 117 in the middle overs in the IPL. That alone should send alarm bells ringing. There are Indian batsmen(  SKY, Ruturaj, Rahul Tripathi, Venkatesh Iyer, Gill, Dhawan, KL) in the IPL who strike faster than him and at a superior average and many more who strike much faster at a comparable or slightly lesser average

4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Since Jan 1, 2020,  Kohli has a strike rate of 117 in the middle overs in the IPL. That alone should send alarm bells ringing. There are Indian batsmen(  SKY, Ruturaj, Rahul Tripathi, Venkatesh Iyer, Gill, Dhawan, KL) in the IPL who strike faster than him and at a superior average and many more who strike much faster at a comparable or slightly lesser average

Yep.   Some kohli bhakts are so "adamant" that they lose their mind while defending their king and tag the wrong poster.  :cantstop:

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I will make it clear. Kohli sucks is t20. Is good in odi and ok in specific conditions for tests. 

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Yep.   Some kohli bhakts are so "adamant" that they lose their mind while defending their king and tag the wrong poster.  :cantstop:

Can't play spin on turners 

Can't play swing since ever

Also In SA I watched every ball. Got dropped 3 times across 3 innings. So. ..

Hw sucks in t20 and very average in tests. Good in odi. He should play only odi

24 minutes ago, harpicP said:

I will make it clear. Kohli sucks is t20. Is good in odi and ok in specific conditions for tests. 

His technique in Tests has improved recently to be fair. He has reworked his game compared to earlier when he was trying to get forward to all bowlers on all pitches and was losing control.  Playing later and beside the ball a lot more.  Remains to be seen whether he still has it but at least he has made some changes instead of giving excuses in press conferences (How do you play square of the wicket on a ball that is not explicitly short?)

7 hours ago, raki05 said:

What do you mean by stats he played 3-4 games in which one virtual knockout where he scored 50 against sa and then scored another 40 in final , where everyone else other than Gambhir. How much more you have expected from debutant.

Rohit did well in 2007 but after that he is the biggest flops of the last and current decade in WT20s.

Edited by Number
2 minutes ago, Number said:

Rohit did well in 2007 but after that he is the biggest flops of the last and current decade in WT20s.

I Kishan should hv taken a leaf out of Rohit's book. (Instead he got fed up sitting on bench and went to dubai for party).  Rohit as captain has led India to 3 ICC tournament losses (2 are highly embarassing) and 1 embarassing Asia Cup loss(2022).  Yet, he does not get fed up and aspires to lead the team across all formats for another decade.  

Kohli and Rohit have not played a single T20I since the World Cup semifinal in 2022.

Even if you don't want to select based on IPL, they haven't played enough T20Is to walk back into the squad .

Kick in the teeth for all those who have outperformed then in IPL and played T20Is in the meantime 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
6 hours ago, harpicP said:

Can't play spin on turners 

Can't play swing since ever

Also In SA I watched every ball. Got dropped 3 times across 3 innings. So. ..

Hw sucks in t20 and very average in tests. Good in odi. He should play only odi

He dropped only once in entire series   First innings 38 runs dropped at 4  second innings 76 runs that was leg byejust because umpire gave it run so it’s dropped second test 46 runs no dropped so where you get 3 dropped in 3 innings if you watched every ball he looked best batsmen across both teams actually that was Iyer who looked pathetic tailender even his 31 runs was full of miss and edges  if he is average than who is extraordinary  Rohit ,Gill Iyer?

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

I Kishan should hv taken a leaf out of Rohit's book. (Instead he got fed up sitting on bench and went to dubai for party).  Rohit as captain has led India to 3 ICC tournament losses (2 are highly embarassing) and 1 embarassing Asia Cup loss(2022).  Yet, he does not get fed up and aspires to lead the team across all formats for another decade.  

I think there is a limit to which you can be a waterboy. I don't blame Kishan. He did well in most of the chances he got but they never gave him a long run and kept him on bench. Even Ruturaj, Tilaks etc. started getting more chances than him while he was always carrying water bottles. On top of that he did okay as a WK bat in WI in tests, still brought in KELA for him lol.

Edited by Number

What is the template for this side. Pandya needs to be finisher and bowling .But when has Pandya able to start fast and finish the innings like other t20 finishers.

Fraud like him has played 8 years without doing anything noteworthy but people are moaning about Kohli.

Kohli needs to go from t20 side but not when frauds like Pandya and Rahul are still in the team.

50 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Now somebody in place of Kohli performs well, will have to give up his spot to Kohli. Perfect way to prepare for the T20 WC! Shatter somebody's confidence.

When it happens they will find a spot for him.