India recall remains on Rahane's priority list

"My goal is to secure both the Ranji Trophy and the bigger objective of playing in 100 Test matches," Rahane shared with reporters after the conclusion of Mumbai's second-round Ranji game at BKC stadium in Mumbai on Monday. Despite registering a duck in his first game of the season against Andhra, Rahane's astute captaincy played a vital role in leading the side to an outright victory on the fourth morning. 

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/129141/india-recall-remains-on-rahanes-priority-list

Its all about chasing them personal milestones:pop2:

Like it or not, some memorable wins overseas were due to Rahane centuries.

Looking at our youth in SA test series I think if he is in form i would consider Rahane for aus. Even Pujara.

After that I think you can axe them permanently as Aus and Sa will travel to India. 

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Like it or not, some memorable wins overseas were due to Rahane centuries.

Looking at our youth in SA test series I think if he is in form i would consider Rahane for aus. Even Pujara.

After that I think you can axe them permanently as Aus and Sa will travel to India. 

But Rahane was out of depth on much better batting conditions last time in SA against the likes of  Oliver. The pitches we played in SA are crap pitches. One of the worst i have ever seen.

The way these guys still want to play for India, makes me think Tendulkar should have kept on playing till he was 50.:hysterical:

I actually think Tendulkar may have continued if there wasnt so many good batsmen at the time to replace him.

Rahane is being a joke. I would rather Axar or Thakur as a batsman only than Rahane. Thats how far down he is.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, singhvivek141 said:

Another "Golden" duck by Ajinkya "Mediocre" Rahane. 

No wonder he is dreaming of the comeback to the Indian team.

are you telling me you haven't set some unrealistic goals for yourself ? 

16 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Just looked up his numbers - He has some weird stats, or that’s how it looks to me.

He’s scored 12 hundreds and 26 50s which is respectable.

But then he averages 38.5 across 85 Tests as a top order batsman.  That’s … mediocre at best. 

He is one good inns per series type batter.

In Ranji's he has scores 0,0,16,2,9 so far in this season.

Little bit of spin & he will crumble

Ajinkya Rahane broke his recent run of low scores this season, having only reach double figures once in his first six innings of the competition.

Rahane scored his first half-century of the season in this round, making an unbeaten 56 in the second innings. From seven innings this season, he has mustered only 90 runs.

Not exactly knocking down the door with those stats.

I know our selectors suck.  But this time I m confident that they won't go back to Hahane and/or Duckula even if they score triple tons in domestic.  Selectors are fed up and hv eventually decided not to go back to older players (35+ yr old).    They could hv easily picked Umesh and Ishant as back ups if they wanted to.   But they didn't.