India A vs England Lions

Potts,  Keaton Jennings, Alex Lees have  together played more than 30 test matches. Jennings in fact was the stand out in 2016 tour. They are a pretty decent team if you consider international experience. India A had a total experience of 7 tests ( saini and bharat) plus 4 odis in patidar and sudarshan. Out of India A we are actually looking at developing 3 - 5 players

patidar (was picked when he was 28 but got injured)

suthar

sudarshan

Paul

and maybe kaverappa

sarfraz, easwaran has missed the bus i suppose, saini is washed out, narang bharat are in late 20s and 30s. So objectively seeing the scorecard patidar and suthar has done well. So has kaverappa 2/59. Disappointment is related to paul and sudarshan who both got on zero but that happens. And they were not even set. I am always in favour of giving a guy a chance getting out on zero facing one ball than to someone who plays 50 balls and set and gets out on 21. 

So on balance of probabilities i m not very unhappy..

Edited by neel roy
3 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Patidar is real deal. Pity he is already 30 but still can play for 3- 4 years.

Also, what is Saini and Easwaseran doing in A setup for last 6 years. Quite clearly they should be discarded now.

Has to play in Australia...  Can't take Iyer over there nor Fatman Sharma. 

I'd even have Parag over there.  You don't need a spinner in Perth or in D/N game.  

4 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Patidar is real deal. Pity he is already 30 but still can play for 3- 4 years.

Also, what is Saini and Easwaseran doing in A setup for last 6 years. Quite clearly they should be discarded now.

They gave test opportunity to shunya kumar yadav at the age of 30 plus  on the basis of nothing. So Patidar getting chance at 30 is only fair. Rahane/Pujara are all old. They played well past 30 anyway for few years.

Patidar seems better at this stage than Gill..Gill shoudl come back well after sorting out some emntal\technical issues..but Patidar has impressed in the previous IPL he played..and the recent opportunities too..

When I say we should encourage people who can play well against top quality sides irrespective of stats..Patidar looks one of them..

20 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Has to play in Australia...  Can't take Iyer over there nor Fatman Sharma. 

I'd even have Parag over there.  You don't need a spinner in Perth or in D/N game.  

Parag in Test match?

7 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Easwaseran out for 0 in second inning as well. This guy was suppose to get his test debut. Glad TM discarded him before he could begin.

Even though he hails from my hometown..I saw his batting in some A matches long time back..even though he played okayish..never convinced me he can be a force against top quality teams..I dont need average players at international levels..whatever the domestics stats may say..I dont care..

For me its all about investment..if any invenstment..cant be a top quality player..its not worth it for me..

Edited by Need4Speed
6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Major difference between the side is bowling quality. Tushar Desphande, Saini don't stand a chance against Potts and co.

Who could have taken their place?

Rana is not playing for Delhi, is he injured?

Why was Prasidh playing for state not A team?

Avesh should be here too not playing t20i,  he is an long format bowler.

Mavi took a 6 fer in last FC match for Central Zone, now has stress fracture.

Tyagi does not get in ahead of Bhuvi, Rajpoot and Dayal. He need to move states.

Sen hasn't played so far this season for personal reasons (not played FC cricket in a long time)

How about Porel, not in the scheme of things, and not really amongst wickets though he is regular for state 

Deep played first match, is he injured?

How good is Vyshak Vijaykumar? He seems a better bowler than Tushar at least.

Atit Sheth should be in the squad at least. 

Edited by Sooda

115 to get.bharat nearing 100 and with every run cementing his place for first test. Suthar becoming the backup of jadeja axar. Sai sudarshan 97 ( got out to a left armer.. sad.. lbw). Patidar 151. All is not doom and gloom. That is what is important in india. Many teams have won sessions and even days but india still somehow managed to win or draw tests. In last 10 years it has only lost 3 home tests. Pakistan in england series lost 3-0

4 minutes ago, neel roy said:

78 to win. 5 wickets still intact. Bharat 108 and suthar 83 batting.. 480 to chase on day 4. It will be amazing. Pulkit narang to come next. He can bat

Doesn't the day close at 4:30 ?  It's impossible then

But some really good knocks by Sai, Bharat and Manav

4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Doesn't the day close at 4:30 ?  It's impossible then

But some really good knocks by Sai, Bharat and Manav

Last day they have to play mandatory overs as per my knowledge. 23 overs were left when 115 was needed