Need to be patient with likes of Shubman Gill and Shreyas Iyer: Vikram Rathour

17 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Ah yes I know you were being sarcastic. Never seen him play so I asked. 

Kambli yes true. 

So would struggle in sea and west indies. 

yes, you can imagine a breakdown as follows:

55% of tests at home (selected more in those conditions): avg of about 60

20% of tests in SC (no Bang, and we never played Pak much): avg of about 50

25% elsewhere: average of 30

yields a total avg of 50.5, which seems slightly high, but believable

Edited by Vijy
7 hours ago, harpicP said:

As soon as this comment was posted, without looking up the name I knew it would be you. 

He averages 66. He played matches winning innings in Australia and England. 

He is far better than sky iyer Rahul and your bf kohli as well now. 

Yeah, Sundar is better than Kohli, nice. 

Never get an iq test bro, you will get depressed. 

Bas kuch bhi bhaukna hai to bol diya

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

Yeah, Sundar is better than Kohli, nice. 

Never get an iq test bro, you will get depressed. 

Bas kuch bhi bhaukna hai to bol diya

he is better than gill, no on else. won't even outdo iyer, not that iyer is any good (I dislike him too).

Ind batting is shockingly bad.

On 2/2/2024 at 8:32 AM, singhvivek141 said:

From last 2 inns..it seems even our opener, no 3, no 4 all of them are finding out it's not easy to bat.

If your bestmen are not doing the job, find batsmen who will do the job. Replacing batsmen with bits and pieces players like Sundar is never the answer.

Sundar is not an answer to any of Indian problems in any format.

Edited by putrevus
31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If your bestmen are not doing the job, find batsmen who will do the job. Replacing batsmen with bits and pieces players like Sundar is never the answer.

Sundar is not an answer to any of Indian problems in any format.

How good were Jadeja & Axar when they were 22-23 ?

Jadeja despite sucking for majority of his career eventually turned out decent for us because MSD & Kohli backed him relentlessly.

Sundar is not competing with any of the top 6 batters, atleast not now. Whether he will do a Steve Smith in future is something we don't know yet. But he surely is a worthy replacement as of now for no 7-8 in longer format (if Nishant Sindhu or Manav Suthar outperforms him then its a different case though).

20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kambli was treated very unfairly.He was far better batsman than he has been been given credit for, Manjerkar playing more tests than him was a travesty.

Kambli has no one but himself to blame..at the age of 24-25 he became overweight and can't even run properly.

Sachin actually backed him in a lot during his first captaincy stint in 1997-98, Kambli unfortunately didn't work on his fitness despite being told multiple times...he had severe drinking problems and was tough to manage by the coach & Team Manager.

46 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

How good were Jadeja & Axar when they were 22-23 ?

Jadeja despite sucking for majority of his career eventually turned out decent for us because MSD & Kohli backed him relentlessly.

Sundar is not competing with any of the top 6 batters, atleast not now. Whether he will do a Steve Smith in future is something we don't know yet. But he surely is a worthy replacement as of now for no 7-8 in longer format (if Nishant Sindhu or Manav Suthar outperforms him then its a different case though).

Jadeja played FC , he scored 3 triple hundred in FC cricket. Jadeja never sucked in test cricket. The moment started playing test cricket, he was taking wickets.

Stop comparing  guy like Sundar into Jadeja who is once in a life time player.

Steve Smith scored bucketful of runs in FC by becoming proper top order batsman.

Did anyone stop Sundar from doing the same. Shastri advised Sundar to play in top order in FC cricket in 2021 itself.

He has one FC 100 and you expect him to become a top order batsman, his bowling is not good enough to command a place.

50 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Kambli has no one but himself to blame..at the age of 24-25 he became overweight and can't even run properly.

Sachin actually backed him in a lot during his first captaincy stint in 1997-98, Kambli unfortunately didn't work on his fitness despite being told multiple times...he had severe drinking problems and was tough to manage by the coach & Team Manager.

Yes and no.

He was unfairly targetted for his flamboyance.Sachin who had family stucture and his brother to help him.Kambli did not get that guidance.

There was no reason to drop him in the first place.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Jadeja played FC , he scored 3 triple hundred in FC cricket. Jadeja never sucked in test cricket. The moment started playing test cricket, he was taking wickets.

Steve Smith scored bucketful of runs in FC by becoming proper top order batsman.

Did anyone stop Sundar from doing the same. Shastri advised Sundar to play in top order in FC cricket in 2021 itself.

He has one FC 100 and you expect him to become a top order batsman, his bowling is not good enough to command a place.

I am a huge fan of Sundar.  He has played some clutch knocks for India that have contributed mightily to the team's wins. He is highly talented and has a bright future.

But, coming back from injury, he has not proven himself to be the same guy who started his career so well. And the India team is not the place for someone to tinker. The unfortunate reality is that he has to re-prove himself in domestics before he can be drafted into the India XI. I would love to see him in the top-order. Right when he was doing magical things in 2021, I had seen him as a WV Raman clone with more test-potential. Hope it comes together, but as of now, drawing board.

5 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am a huge fan of Sundar.  He has played some clutch knocks for India that have contributed mightily to the team's wins. He is highly talented and has a bright future.

But, coming back from injury, he has not proven himself to be the same guy who started his career so well. And the India team is not the place for someone to tinker. The unfortunate reality is that he has to re-prove himself in domestics before he can be drafted into the India XI. I would love to see him in the top-order. Right when he was doing magical things in 2021, I had seen him as a WV Raman clone with more test-potential. Hope it comes together, but as of now, drawing board.

Scoring runs as top order batsman vs scoring runs as number 7 or 8 is very different.

He played those knocks while playing as a bowler who could bat.But that was in 2021. What he has done in last three years?

If Jadeja is fit Axar will make his way out now that Kuldeep has taken wickets and that will be right decison. Axar is not in the team for his batting.

If Sundar was to become batsman who can bowl, he has scored runs in FC and then only he should comeback into the team.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, putrevus said:

Scoring runs as top order batsman vs scoring runs as number 7 or 8 is very different.

He played those knocks while playing as a bowler who could bat.But that was in 2021. What he has done in last three years?

If Jadeja is fit Axar will make his way out now that Kuldeep has taken wickets and that will be right decison. Axar is not in the team for his batting.

If Sundar was to become batsman who can bowl, he has scored runs in FC and then only he should comeback into the team.

Are you arguing or agreeing?  Hard to tell.

17 hours ago, harpicP said:

As soon as this comment was posted, without looking up the name I knew it would be you. 

He averages 66. He played matches winning innings in Australia and England. 

He is far better than sky iyer Rahul and your bf kohli as well now. 

No he is not.

22 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes and no.

He was unfairly targetted for his flamboyance.Sachin who had family stucture and his brother to help him.Kambli did not get that guidance.

There was no reason to drop him in the first place.

So being drunk, coming late to team meetings, chasing women in clubs, not focusing on the fitness aren't enough reasons to drop him ??

Did I forgot to mention that in his last 10 tests, his average was 24.xx

Infact his last 6 tests, he averages 15

His overall Test average looks great coz of his awesome start to test career..he form simply took a nosedive and even his ODI career went down at the Gravitational velocity.

The cricket magzines published during those days wrote a lot about how much Tendulkar & Wadekar tried hard to push Kambli..but he simply wasn't there. Plus BCCI wasn't that rich those days to afford the mental conditioning of players, but Kambli was at fault as well. 

34 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I didn't follow Steve Smith's domestic career, all I know that he started as a spinner & had some potential with bat..which he later became real good.

Sundar has potential at this moment to become a top order batter, whether he becomes or not is a different question. He isnt a premier spinner but he does have accuracy and bounce, two of the crucial factors for a spinner in the SENA countries, how he builds up to that is a different story.

I am repeating myself, if Nishant Sindhu or Manav Suthar leapfrog him, I won't be surprised. He has potential but he isn't fit enough, which the above two are.