Need to be patient with likes of Shubman Gill and Shreyas Iyer: Vikram Rathour

29 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

When you watch these 2 bat it's like they are doing us a favour gracing us with their presence. No desire left for the sport, too much money already

Iyer was actually very good in a few home tests. It is quite disappointing to see his current struggle. If you can't cash in on a run filled home pitch, how are you going to hold down a permanent place in the team? 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Sundar is being again overrated by lot of people here, he will be exposed the moment he is asked to bat above number 7 or 8.

Axar is finding out it is not easy to bat at number 5 or 6.

From last 2 inns..it seems even our opener, no 3, no 4 all of them are finding out it's not easy to bat.

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sundar is being again overrated by lot of people here, he will be exposed the moment he is asked to bat above number 7 or 8.

As soon as this comment was posted, without looking up the name I knew it would be you. 

He averages 66. He played matches winning innings in Australia and England. 

He is far better than sky iyer Rahul and your bf kohli as well now. 

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sunder is a middle order bat though, has opened as well. It's not like he is being asked to do something he hasn't done before

17 hours ago, nevada said:

Iyer was actually very good in a few home tests. It is quite disappointing to see his current struggle. If you can't cash in on a run filled home pitch, how are you going to hold down a permanent place in the team? 

Think he let the WC semifinal knock get to his head. He believes his own hype which ideally shouldn't even exist in the first place.

He was more about grit than talent and he is letting even that go away. 

52 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Soon he would say "BCCI should have been patient with me in the 90s"

he was india's best ever batter in the 90s. got unfairly sidelined instead of useless hacks like SRT, gangu, VVS, etc.

34 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he was india's best ever batter in the 90s. got unfairly sidelined instead of useless hacks like SRT, gangu, VVS, etc.

Any idea how good he really was? 

You think kambli was unfairly discarded or should we have continued to back him.

Just now, harpicP said:

Any idea how good he really was? 

You think kambli was unfairly discarded or should we have continued to back him.

he was atrocious. my quote was meant to be sarcastic.

kambli was a cross between azhar and sehwag. could have easily avg 60+ if he played in SC. not too bad against NZ either. would have struggled and/or did struggle in Sa, Aus, Eng, WI. overall, he could have had an avg of 45 or so, kind of like rohit. beast in SC/India, and poor overseas.

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he was atrocious. my quote was meant to be sarcastic.

kambli was a cross between azhar and sehwag. could have easily avg 60+ if he played in SC. not too bad against NZ either. would have struggled and/or did struggle in Sa, Aus, Eng, WI. overall, he could have had an avg of 45 or so, kind of like rohit. beast in SC/India, and poor overseas.

Ah yes I know you were being sarcastic. Never seen him play so I asked. 

Kambli yes true. 

So would struggle in sea and west indies.